The Bills best draft pick ever.

Who wins the totally subjective choice as the Bills best draft pick ever? Your thoughts?

I would argue that OJ gets the prize for the combination of his play and then his trade which indirectly led to the selection of Jim Kelly.

Without that trade who knows where Jim, arguably the winner of best Bills draft pick ever, ends up.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who wins the totally subjective choice as the Bills best draft pick ever? Your thoughts?

I would argue that OJ gets the prize for the combination of his play and then his trade which indirectly led to the selection of Jim Kelly.

Without that trade who knows where Jim, arguably the winner of best Bills draft pick ever, ends up.

Houston Gamblers?

OJ & Bruce don't really apply here, IMO. They were both taken #1 overall. These picks are expected to be perennial Pro=Bowlers, HOF candidates if they have a long, healthy career.

Tom Sestak, 17th Round pick '62

Walt Patulski says "Hello!"

OJ & Bruce don't really apply here, IMO. They were both taken #1 overall. These picks are expected to be perennial Pro-Bowlers, HOF candidates if they have a long, healthy career.

Tom Sestak, 17th Round pick '62

1971 7th round...Bobby Chandler

Depends how you look at it with Jim. At the time, it was a stupid pick because he wouldn't come here, and he ended up going to Houston. However, our decision to keep his rights instead of take compensation picks (correct me if I'm wrong on what we could have had if we gave up on him), that aspect was genius, but even that was a gamble (no pun intended.).

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe