Incognito signs 3 year deal with bills

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you add up the base salaries, you get $11.5M, so I'm assuming it's $15.75M, $11.5M of which comes in base salaries, and $4.75M in signing bonus. The remaining $700k of guaranteed comes in annual workout bonuses and roster bonuses.

So that would mean something like this:

2016 - $2M base + $1.583M signing + $100k workout = $3.683M cap hit

2017 - $3.175M base + $1.583M signing + $100k workout + $200k guaranteed roster bonus = $5.058M cap hit

2018 - $6.325M base + $1.583M signing + $100k workout + $200k guaranteed roster bonus = $8.208M cap hit

Cutting Richie before the 2018 season would result in a dead money hit of $1.783M, so approximately $6.5M in cap savings.

Essentially, if Wilson's numbers are correct, then it's a 2-year deal worth just under $10M to Richie

It was an incomplete tweet. Wilson fixed it.

Is that accounting for rookie salaries?

Nope...the site had Buffalo as $7.2M under the cap and had Richie's cap hit listed at $5.25M. I believe they were counting that against the cap, and since his actual cap hit is $3.25M, I added that to their space.

Barley seems to think that they weren't counting the $5.25M against the cap, and if he's correct, then they're basically at $4M under.

EDIT: and apparently he's right. Spotrac is now up to date, and has the Bills at $4.5M under:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

Enough to sign either Powell or Rambo, as well as one or two key UFAs.

It was an incomplete tweet. Wilson fixed it.

Yep...saw that.

3-9: RICHIE INCOGNITO TALKS ABOUT SIGNING A NEW CONTRACT ON WGR (12:29)

Richie Incognito on WGR NOW talking about his new contract

Incognito: "At times there was talk of going to the open market. When free agency approaches, you have to evaluate everything"

Incognito: "I felt a special connection with the fans in Buffalo and the players"

Incognito: "He got me out pulling this year and blocking down field...I fit the mold of what (Greg Roman) wanted me to do"

Incognito: "I'm excited to come back and see (Tyrod's) growth and our growth from Year 1 to Year 2"

Nope...the site had Buffalo as $7.2M under the cap and had Richie's cap hit listed at $5.25M. I believe they were counting that against the cap, and since his actual cap hit is $3.25M, I added that to their space.

Barley seems to think that they weren't counting the $5.25M against the cap, and if he's correct, then they're basically at $4M under.

EDIT: and apparently he's right. Spotrac is now up to date, and has the Bills at $4.5M under:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

Enough to sign either Powell or Rambo, as well as one or two key UFAs.

Yep...saw that.

Damn, Spotrac is quick.

Lets hope Incognito has a great couple years here.

The question I have is: Why did he bounce around on so many teams prior? The Bills had him at one point and released him.

Go BIlls!

Fredex

I dont often see good points of discussion from you but this def is one

My take

Richie Cog has always been a talented player and that is evidenced by always being a starter and making a pro bowl while he was with Miami.......

Personal demons, alchohol abuse, etc has always turned teams off though......and it took being suspended from the league to actually give Richie a wake up call (I hope)

We are going to see this year if he truly has turned a corner on the personal side of things.....having OL friends on the bills might be aiding this

@thadbrown7

Incognito deal leaves #Bills with enough to pay draft class and have couple mil leftover. Teams usually save that for in season emergency.

or

They could restructure deals on Gilmore and meatball.......and actually get some B list free agents

Edited by John from Hemet