SAT's made easier (again)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/early-takers-sat-wasnt-bad-not-tricky-083900976.html

• Guessing will no longer be penalized.
  • No more remembering math formulas or english vocabulary.
  • Essay is now optional.
  • Less questions so you have more time.

"The sum of the redesign of the test is to make it much more like the work that kids are already doing in high school," said David Coleman, president and chief executive officer of the board. It was retooled, he said, "so that all kids could feel that they had a shot."

Every kid deserves to go to college!

I occasionally play in a poker game that includes one of the senior guys at the College Board. Will have to ask him about this next game. Minor changes to the math and vocab don't sound like a big deal but eliminating the essay is a questionable move. I wonder if that was motivated by the cost involved in grading the essays. Can't do that with a scanner.

What a freaking duopoly these two companies have...this testing crap has gotten out of hand. 2 sections, 3 sections, now 2 sections...some colleges only accepting new, super scores...some schools last year needing subject tests, this year say they dont mattter....AP tests....throw it all in and just a huge revenue generating machine for these companies.

And yes, they should make it an even playing field for all kids..from the test being biased to all kids having equal opportunity to take the test multiple time...this is not a PC rant...it is just fact these tests are biased and exclude kids based on quality of education, not ability to learn and be successful

I don't see why it matters how it is scored. Ultimately, these kids' scores will be judged relative to others who took the same test, graded the same way. They're not going to compare a new 1400 to your 1400 20 years ago.

I don't see why it matters how it is scored. Ultimately, these kids' scores will be judged relative to others who took the same test, graded the same way. They're not going to compare a new 1400 to your 1400 20 years ago.

Shhhhh... BUT some want to compare!!

Mario Lemieux could never even carry Stan Mikita's jock type of thing. Or, facemasks? Real goaltenders don't wear facemasks...

The point of the change is to make it more inclusive, by making it easier, so the kids who don't like prepping (or learning) will give it a shot. -which was the point of eliminating vocabulary, formula memorization, and allowing calculators. They want more kids to take the test, so they can make more money.

It's ridiculous that the justification they're using is that they want students to feel better about themselves. "We all got 1600's! We're all smart!"

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son!

i know you were attempting to quote Fergy here. If you need any pointers just let me know.

Well Beerball, you finally have a chance to strive for that 740 you really wanted.

cant't you go back into your self imposed exile?

Back in the day wasn't it the SAT that was viewed as better than the ACT? ACT was the lower of the two. My son finished taking both last year... Wasn't that unheard of before... You either took one or the other, right? I thought the ACT was for the burnouts that couldn't handle the SAT... LoL!

cant't you go back into your self imposed exile?

Wrong dude... That was me. Wow, even missed that question! :-P

Kids take all kinds of prep classes now... Multiple tests... It's kinda like Brady cheating, wearing a green dot on helmet and not having the headset shut off. Just saying...

So what's the point... Game bigger, more competitive, scores higher amongst the elite students... But is it better?