Will the Bills make the playoffs this year?

Will they get in?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

How much effort will Rex Ryan and his brother put into coaching the team this year?

Will we see an undisciplined mess for most of the season like last year?

Will the revenge factor fade now that Rex beat his old team last year 2x and knocked them out of the playoffs?

So much depends on keeping Incognito and the players obtained in free agency / draft that remain to be seen.

Then the Bills cut their best pass rusher in Mario and with nobody on the other side does Jerry Hughes start looking really bad with the penalties and hardly any sacks?

I hope the Bills have a plan B...

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do believe they will be better than they were last year on both sides of the ball (barring a spate of injuries at RB/WR like last year). But the schedule looks to be much tougher than last season. I'm thinking 9-7 (the Dick Jauron special).

Brady and Billicheat still with the Pats?

Then no

not even a WC ? geesh

Voted No only because I have believed and hoped they would make it for so many years now.....might as well try something different.

:beer:

the wife will appreciate it.

or perhaps not.

Results will vary

I think people are forgetting how screwed we got on scheduling and untimely injuries:

A London game where we had to rely on EJ, our post bye opponent getting a mini-bye to mitigate the advantage, a three straight week road trip, our mini-bye coming up on the Patriots and then a short week road game in one of the loudest stadiums.

And that's not counting our starting QB, RB and WR all missing multiple games, Kyle and Aaron Williams out for much of the season, Woods playing hurt the whole season.

And then there's that we didn't know who our starting QB was going to be.

We are quite realistically looking at only 2 starters leaving in free agency, one of whom we desperately needed to upgrade anyway (Bradham). We are looking at one of the deepest defensive drafts in recent memory.

We've identified our starting QB and have continuity on our offense for the first time in years.

The Jets have a free agent starting QB. With the current market, Fitz is likely to command at least $15 M, which the Jets can't afford unless they make serious veteran cuts.

The Dolphins are a hot mess who have an even worse cap situation and severe holes to fix.

If I can't be optimistic in March, when will I ever?

I voted no because I've been a fan of this team for too long and endured the same things all of you have, but this guy got it right imho. No one has mentioned the injuries we had last season and how bad EJ was when TT was out. And Rex should learn to work with what he has instead of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Having the D we should have had would have made a big difference.

And the jets are gonna get better not worse.

I don't see this. Their starting QB, entire backfield and two or three of their defensive starters are free agents. They just lost a starting CB in Cro.

Their QB situation could be dire. Fitz put up Bradford numbers last year. Average quarterbacking got Cousins and Bradford 18 and 20 million a year. Even with the Eagles shifting most of the hit to next year, Bradford is still going to hit at 12 million. The Jets have 7 before rookies.

Unless they want to try their luck again at the free agent marketplace, and the likes of Hoyer their options are to try drafting a QB at 20, or going back to Geno.

So yeah, an overrated team, who we beat twice BTW, is likely to lose a good chunk of their veterans, have a tougher schedule and you think they're going to be bettet?

This last year killed the homer in me. I almost talk myself into the playoffs every offseason. I just can't this season. I was so excited about Rex and the defense. But now he looks like a coach who is trapped in a past era.

Perhaps, this is a good thing and I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I don't see this. Their starting QB, entire backfield and two or three of their defensive starters are free agents. They just lost a starting CB in Cro.

Their QB situation could be dire. Fitz put up Bradford numbers last year. Average quarterbacking got Cousins and Bradford 18 and 20 million a year. Even with the Eagles shifting most of the hit to next year, Bradford is still going to hit at 12 million. The Jets have 7 before rookies.

Unless they want to try their luck again at the free agent marketplace, and the likes of Hoyer their options are to try drafting a QB at 20, or going back to Geno.

So yeah, an overrated team, who we beat twice BTW, is likely to lose a good chunk of their veterans, have a tougher schedule and you think they're going to be bettet?

Fitz was much, much better than Bradford. Bradford threw 19 tds and 14 ints. Fitz threw 31 tds and 15 ints. He just played his worst games of the season against us.

I thought the Bills would be much better than the Jets last year. We weren't. I believe that boules is a better coach than Ryan. I think they finish 2nd again while we are third. Hopefully, I am wrong.

There's a shocker. The entire anti-Taylor brigade chimes in on page 1 to tell us that the Bills will be worse than last year.

Consider me one of the few who does NOT find the schedule particularly daunting, at least as of now.

That being said, they're still the Bills.

9-7. No.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

There are so many factors it's hard to tell. i originally thought 5-11 to 6-10. That's probably still right. We're not active in free agency so do we just hold onto our decent guys? The schedule on paper is much harder, but they could have bad injuries. Then there are our injuries. Does Whaley get 4 starters out of the draft? Does TT take a big step and turn into Cam Newton year 4? Does Rex's history of excellent defenses really happen once he goes all in, or do we flame out like most people think?

It is such a stretch to think us doing 10-6 to 11-5. The odds are much more in favor of 5-9 wins and another miss, dealing with the blowhard at the podium once again.

Too many questions to make a prediction for me guys. If i had a gun to my head, I'd go with 6-10. Not what anyone wants to hear, but I just don't believe in Rex. if we hired Arians a couple of years ago, or Bowles or Quinn last year, I'd be much more optimistic.

There's a shocker. The entire anti-Taylor brigade chimes in on page 1 to tell us that the Bills will be worse than last year.

Consider me one of the few who does NOT consider the schedule that daunting.

That being said they're still the Bills.

9-7. No.

You make things way too personal.

Why do you think they will be better? I have serious questions about the coaching, losing a former all pro DE hurts, guys are going older, and don't think our offense is good enough at this point to make up the difference.

And I think schedule strength before the season is a joke. But we played 2 trash divisions this year and had to rally to 8-8.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

You make things way too personal.

Why do you think they will be better? I have serious questions about the coaching, losing a former all pro DE hurts, guys are going older, and don't think our offense is good enough at this point to make up the difference.

And I think schedule strength before the season is a joke. But we played 2 trash divisions this year and had to rally to 8-8.

First off, it's ridiculously early. But I'll partake. I picked them to be one game better. No reason to think the offense can't be better. They have one of the best running backs, one of the best wide receivers and quite possibly one of the very best offensive lines in football. As far as the defense is concerned, I am willing to give Rex one more year to see through this "scheme" I keep hearing about.

As far as the schedule, we get possibly the two worst teams in all of football, both at home. Save for the depleted Cowboys team, I'm not sure we got any real cupcakes like that last year. But agreed, assessing the schedule at this point is absurd.

Edited by metzelaars_lives