Mario Williams released

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he signs with Miami and terrorizes us. Just to show what an ass-clown of a coach Rex is.

Worst post of 2016.

Hope the bills lose and miss the playoffs again?

Alrighty. I liked your whiny schtick better whe you were freddies ghost.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Worst post of 2016.

Agree with your reply. I'm of the opinion that I hope his hand hurts too much like the first year we had him and the mean Bills wouldn't let him get it fixed. Remember that? King of excuses.

I agree with this...

@christrapasso

I can see why Mario wants to be with a 4-3 team now. But really think he "fits" best as a two-gapping 3-4 DE at this point in his career.

I think he fits best on a 3-4 team because that's apparently the only alignment he'll commit any effort to.

Whatever his skill set is doesn't much matter if he only applies effort in schemes he likes.

He was horrible in Rex's scheme, regardless of the alignment, because he chose to be.

I think he fits best on a 3-4 team because that's apparently the only alignment he'll commit any effort to.

Whatever his skill set is doesn't much matter if he only applies effort in schemes he likes.

He was horrible in Rex's scheme, regardless of the alignment, because he chose to be.

he lost some burst too.

:thumbsup: He Chose to be!!!

Worst post of 2016.

Didn't say anything about us losing or missing the playoffs. Read it again. I just said I hope he terrorizes us and makes Rex like the fool he is for not being able to utilize him.

And yeah Mario gave up, so did many. Because Rex shoved a system down his players throats which didn't fit. It's the coaches job to gain buy in, not the other way around.

He was not a Gaul, but he conquered Gaul. Literally "having the Gaul." Be better.

you both come off as a bit Moorish

lol

Mario is a great talent. The question for the Bills and now other teams is whether you want to take the risk that he will quit on you.

The Bills signed him to largest contract in Buffalo Bills history. It was a transformative contract. Mario acted like a petulant child. He owed more to the team, his teammates, and Buffalo Bills fans.

How could any team risk paying him much in guarantied money given that he has shown that he will pull a Doug Marrone.

or he gets a boo boo hand.

over under on the fridge?

I hope he signs with Miami and terrorizes us. Just to show what an ass-clown of a coach Rex is.

yes, that would be rather fun i think too...

I agree with this...

@christrapasso

I can see why Mario wants to be with a 4-3 team now. But really think he "fits" best as a two-gapping 3-4 DE at this point in his career.

interesting take.

he lost some burst too.

how can you even tell?

Miami is in bad cap condition. I don't see that they can afford Mario.

suh is do for restructure of course!

yes, that would be rather fun i think too...

interesting take.

how can you even tell?

haha. It isn't as if he never tried. There were some obvious times where he didn't. But there were a lot of times where he couldn't get off a 1:1 block fast enough to make an impact. The Bills at one point late in the season had more QB hits than they did all of 2014. Yet their sack number was low and pressures wasn't much better. That doesn't say they were never unleashed, it says they weren't getting home fast enough. His "issues" were part of that, and the lack of burst showed up pretty much every week. Edited by YoloinOhio

haha. It isn't as if he never tried. There were some obvious times where he didn't. But there were a lot of times where he couldn't get off a 1:1 block fast enough to make an impact. The Bills at one point late in the season had more QB hits than they did all of 2014. Yet their sack number was low and pressures wasn't much better. That doesn't say they were never unleashed, it says they weren't getting home fast enough. His "issues" were part of that, and the lack of burst showed up pretty much every week.

I did "hope" weird word here, he had an ankle injury or something that limited him.

His burst is honestly key to his rush. He has good hand work and angle when in full pursuit. He does know the game very well too, if only he was a mentor.

So you might be right. Of course like usual , i make the joke. Glad you laughed

The question of Mario's burst is a good one. He is at the age where those kind of "physical" pass rushers tend to begin to decline.... it is the more technically sound rushers that have success longer. Hard to judge last year because I think even on plays where you are trying if your heart isn't in it then your explosion is likely to be limited.... but 2016 will give us a definitive answer. Was 2015 the perfect storm of lack of comfort in a scheme, issues with a coach and general physical decline or was it just he and Rex not seeing eye to eye and a player dogging it.

The question of Mario's burst is a good one. He is at the age where those kind of "physical" pass rushers tend to begin to decline.... it is the more technically sound rushers that have success longer. Hard to judge last year because I think even on plays where you are trying if your heart isn't in it then your explosion is likely to be limited.... but 2016 will give us a definitive answer. Was 2015 the perfect storm of lack of comfort in a scheme, issues with a coach and general physical decline or was it just he and Rex not seeing eye to eye and a player dogging it.

he is a player in decline. Though he is still quite good vs the run, if a team thinks it's getting a big time pass rusher they will be very disappointed - and that isn't just his attitude which theoretically could change. But his age won't. The explosiveness is just going to decrease. He no longer demands a double team and isn't worth a big contract. I believe he will end his career as a contributor, but not dominant. Somewhere around Jared Allen, possibly could get to Julius Peppers in the right system. I don't think he has the fire or mindset of a Demarcus ware. Those are all talented pass rushers whose teams decided post age 30 they no longer wanted to pay them huge money because they had become replaceable in the draft with a younger, cheaper and more explosive player. Edited by YoloinOhio

he is a player in decline. Though he is still quite good vs the run, if a team thinks it's getting a big time pass rusher they will be very disappointed - and that isn't just his attitude which theoretically could change. But his age won't. The explosiveness is just going to decrease. He no longer demands a double team and isn't worth a big contract. I believe he will end his career as a contributor, but not dominant. Somewhere around Jared Allen, possibly could get to Julius Peppers in the right system. I don't think he has the fire or mindset of a Demarcus ware. Those are all talented pass rushers whose teams decided post age 30 they no longer wanted to pay them huge money because they had become replaceable in the draft with a younger, cheaper and more explosive player.

I was going to mention Allen and Peppers as players to compare him with actually.

Along with Gunner i am bit interested in his play this season. I might be watching another team closer than i usually would just because I need to know the answer behind his dropoff.

every BBwolf should be licking his chops when the play comes near his den.

maybe he went vegetarian?

I was going to mention Allen and Peppers as players to compare him with actually.

Along with Gunner i am bit interested in his play this season. I might be watching another team closer than i usually would just because I need to know the answer behind his dropoff.

every BBwolf should be licking his chops when the play comes near his den.

maybe he went vegetarian?

Personally, I think the Mario/Peppers comparison is kinda lazy.

Mario Williams and Julius are two entirely different kind of athletes. Both of them elite. But Mario Williams never walked onto a Final Four basketball team and did wild **** like this:

Mario and Peppers are the same size and they play the same position. But in terms of shear athleticism, Mario really couldn't ever hold a candle to Peppers. So I don't think we can reasonably project Mario's longevity because of what Peppers has accomplished.

In each their first 10 seasons: Mario played in 145 games, Peppers 152. Peppers had 100 sacks, Mario 96. Mario had 308 tackles, Peppers 385. Mario has never had an interception, Peppers at 7 in his first 10 years.

Mario was borderline useless a lot year. Was it scheme? Was it insubordination? Was it his physical decline?

I don't think we definitively know the answer, to be honest. But wherever the truth lies (and we'll have a pretty good idea by this time next year), I reckon physical decline will be in the mix.

Edited by The Big Cat

Personally, I think the Mario/Peppers comparison is kinda lazy.

Mario Williams and Julius are two entirely different kind of athletes. Both of them elite. But Mario Williams never walked onto a Final Four basketball team and did wild **** like this:

Mario and Peppers are the same size and they play the same position. But in terms of shear athleticism, Mario really couldn't ever hold a candle to Peppers. So I don't think we can reasonably project Mario's longevity because of what Peppers has accomplished.

In each their first 10 seasons: Mario played in 145 games, Peppers 152. Peppers had 100 sacks, Mario 96. Mario had 308 tackles, Peppers 385. Mario has never had an interception, Peppers at 7 in his first 10 years.

Mario was borderline useless a lot year. Was it scheme? Was it insubordination? Was it his physical decline?

I don't think we definitively know the answer, to be honest. But wherever the truth lies (and we'll have a pretty good idea by this time next year), I reckon physical decline will be in the mix.

good post BC.

I thought these as metrics to compare against . You have done a nice job breaking out Peppers. I have a great deal of respect for julius and Jared. different players and different people then Mario Williams.

thanks!