Mario Williams released

I didn't forget. But I'm talking about 2016 not 2013 and Wake is better rushing the passer IMO.

From 2012-2014, Wake had 35 sacks. Mario had 38. Mario is much better IMO against the run. Mario is also younger.

I know some folks here think Mario is now a terrible player but I hate the idea of facing a pissed off Mario twice a year. JMO.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From 2012-2014, Wake had 35 sacks. Mario had 38. Mario is much better IMO against the run. Mario is also younger.

I know some folks here think Mario is now a terrible player but I hate the idea of facing a pissed off Mario twice a year. JMO.

if this was 2012-14 I'd agree with you. I think Wake is better for Miami than Mario would be. I didn't say he was "terrible" I said he's a downgrade as a pass rusher. He is still good against the run but 8mill/yr is a lot for that IMO. Edited by YoloinOhio

Mario isn't a Bill anymore. He's awful now.

Every player on every team is better than the Bills players, except when they're ex-Bills.

I think that was my point a few pages up.

But at his age and AFTER pocketing the $50 mil guaranteed, you would imagine that an elite player would be looking for a championship opportunity.

Are you trying to convince me of a point that I not only agreed with, but thought so obvious that I poked fun at you?

if this was 2012-14 I'd agree with you. I think Wake is better for Miami than Mario would be. I didn't say he was "terrible" I said he's a downgrade as a pass rusher. He is still good against the run but 8mill/yr is a lot for that IMO.

I would love to have Mario for $8 million provided he didn't have to play in a system that killed everyone's production.

Again if more players played at high level in Rex's D, I'd be fine moving on more Mario. But is Dareus not an all pro type player because he had half as many sacks? Or Hughes?

Rex doesn't know how to generate a pass rush consistently.

I would love to have Mario for $8 million provided he didn't have to play in a system that killed everyone's production.

Again if more players played at high level in Rex's D, I'd be fine moving on more Mario. But is Dareus not an all pro type player because he had half as many sacks? Or Hughes?

Rex doesn't know how to generate a pass rush consistently.

he got blocked by Darren Sproles

Here's one thing you can't quantify: having one of your best players, your supposed leaders dogging it on the field, complaining about the defense, causing headaches behind the scenes, dividing the locker room, etc.

You heard Sammy sounding off on it.

Negativity has a gravitational pull. Not having that around is a net positive.

This is a ridiculous statement.

Ed Reed.

Terrell Suggs.

Haloti Ngata.

David Harris.

Sheldon Richardson.

Muhammed Wilkerson.

Darelle Revis.

Just to name a few. All played in Rex Ryans system, all played extremely well and didn't "kill their production"

Here's one thing you can't quantify: having one of your best players, your supposed leaders dogging it on the field, complaining about the defense, causing headaches behind the scenes, dividing the locker room, etc.

You mean the same Sammy who was sounding off in the press about not getting the ball enough? How about Hughes ripping Marrone in camp before we had a top 5 defense? Or Dareus complaining about the D?

There's a lot of double standards on this board.

he got blocked by Darren Sproles

Come on. You can do this for almost every defensive player. I remember Bledsoe and Fitz laying out defenders.

This is a ridiculous statement.

Ed Reed.

Terrell Suggs.

Haloti Ngata.

David Harris.

Sheldon Richardson.

Muhammed Wilkerson.

Darelle Revis.

Just to name a few. All played in Rex Ryans system, all played extremely well and didn't "kill their production"

I meant this year.

But since you mentioned it and I can't research it now, has a d linemen ever had double digits sacks for Rex?

You mean the same Sammy who was sounding off in the press about not getting the ball enough? How about Hughes ripping Marrone in camp before we had a top 5 defense? Or Dareus complaining about the D?

There's a lot of double standards on this board.

Come on. You can do this for almost every defensive player. I remember Bledsoe and Fitz laying out defenders.

almost every 6'6 290 defender has gotten blocked by a 5'6 190 scat back? You sure...

But since you mentioned it and I can't research it now, has a d linemen ever had double digits sacks for Rex?

Yea. Wilkerson had 10.5 in 2013.

EDIT: Calvin Pace, who would have been playing the DE in Rexs 4-3 under, also had 10 in 2013.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Sammy was right. When he gets the ball good things happen.

Here's the difference: Sammy goes 100%. He's intense. Being a WR, he can be a bit of a attention seeker. But he backs it up with his play.

Mario has all the talent in the world, but he acted like a big baby, quit on his team, and didn't even try to execute the scheme because he was so invested in being right about it not working.

Yea. Wilkerson had 10.5 in 2013.

EDIT: Calvin Pace, who would have been playing the DE in Rexs 4-3 under, also had 10 in 2013.

Good pull. But we need to stop pretending like Mario was the only one's who production went down. Everyone's numbers went down across the board.

If the defense improves and Mario looks the same next year, I'll happily admit I'm wrong. But I think we got worse letting him go and just created another hole to fill.

almost every 6'6 290 defender has gotten blocked by a 5'6 190 scat back? You sure...

You honestly think Spriles has never blocked another defender before? He's a 3rd down back.

Every player on every team is better than the Bills players, except when they're ex-Bills.

Are you trying to convince me of a point that I not only agreed with, but thought so obvious that I poked fun at you?

You need to reboot your sarcasm machine. It's low on fumes.

Good pull. But we need to stop pretending like Mario was the only one's who production went down. Everyone's numbers went down across the board.

If the defense improves and Mario looks the same next year, I'll happily admit I'm wrong. But I think we got worse letting him go and just created another hole to fill.

You honestly think Spriles has never blocked another defender before? He's a 3rd down back.

The hole was already there at too high of a cost.

There's not a debate whether everyone's production went down. It's also not a debate about which player quit on his team.

I am sure he has. I'm talking about this particular type and size of player making double digit millions per year. Should he be getting blocked by Sproles?

I am sure he has. I'm talking about this particular type and size of player making double digit millions per year. Should he be getting blocked by Sproles?

Freddy took Watt out badly. Blew Watt up. He should give his money back IMO.

For all the crying over the locker room void when Fred Jackson was cut, you'd think more people would recognize this reality. When the highest paid player on the team pulls that sh-- it's time to boot him.