Mario Williams released

Benching the highest paid player on the team for being a malcontent might lead to more internal unrest: It's fine if you don't see how that's possible. That doesn't make it impossible. I don't know how to explain it to you.

Haha, no.

That's not what you said.

"Million-man-Mario is throwing a pity party and bringing down the locker room so what good would benching him do? Seems like it would only exacerbate the problem"

Huge difference between "may have negative repercussions" and "would only exacerbate the problem." Funny how you attempted to chastise me for not seeing the (small) potential negatives, when the potential positives weren't even possible in your original post.

Also, I'm not sure we share a reality wherein "half" the team was "boiling" over "Mario's" antics. I think each of the three quoted terms are highly debatable. So if your premise rests there...I can't help you.

Clearly Ty Dunne's article shows that members of the team were unhappy with the way Mario acted. Per usual, you attack semantics vs. the argument. Mario's antics upset players in the locker room who proceeded to vocalize that. I think it's fair to say there were more players unhappy with Mario than pleased with his behavior. Feel free to argue otherwise.

1. It could have some negative repercussions, okay. Weigh the positives and negatives. IMO, the positives of benching Mario outweigh the negatives. By about 1000% (quick, hammer me on how "debatable" that number is). Thus, Rex's response was the wrong one, even with some debatable reasons If the reasons for doing something outweigh the reasons to not do something, the former is the correct move. That's just logic.

2. Direct contradiction of your original post, but I'll dive in. I don't see how showing players you won't tolerate QUITTING ON YOUR TEAM could ever been a net negative. Look at all the educated folks, yourself included, who have killed Mario for quitting. It's the biggest sin in any sort of team environment. It ruins everything. You can't trust that teammate, you can't believe in them, etc etc. And yet, punishing that behavior could be worse than letting it fester? On what grounds? Explain it. Go in-depth. Walk me through how benching Mario hurts the psyche of the team, piece by piece.

3. This is barely worth it as a point. I'll just point to the above and ask if you the majority of Bills players, in your opinion, were happy or angry with Mario's antics. Fire away. Don't tell me it's arguable, argue it

4. Which scenario is more likely? Which has more of a benefit, playing with 10 guys who are "motivated" by the quitter sharing the field with them (I find this scenario to be a terrible stretch) or playing with 11 guys, none of whom are quitting in front of each other?

I don't understand because it makes no logical sense. By virtue of believing the solution to the Mario "problem" is cutting him, thus eliminating him from the field in 2016, how is eliminating him from the field in 2015 any less of a solution? Clearly, there are potential negatives in both scenarios, but you believe they outweigh the benefits in one year, but don't in the next. Again, rectify those situations.

I stopped reading after the first line.

If you want to turn this into a semantic argument about who said what, no thanks.

I know what I said. I know what I meant. And it hadn't changed. Sorry you wrote a long response I have no intention of reading.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you even read the post before that I was responding to? It was about players regressing in Ryans system. Is it accurate to say that all those players listed didn't regress under Ryan? I know where they were drafted. I know they are some of the best players, point was they didn't regress.

yes. I reqd it. Added a my soon to it. Ryan is not the defensive genius people think he is.

They were still calling him a genius on WFAN yesterday.

What were they calling him two years ago at this time?

:lol:

But then what will the dirbags that hate him have to say?

Exactly.

he's not a baffoon. Hes just average.

And I think he's better than average. :D

they have lots of names for him. But apparently defensive genius is still on the list.

In fact, I think if we were to poll Bills nation on a five-tiered spectrum:

Buffoon--Subpar--Average--Good--Genius

I think the results would come in:

15--25--40--15--5

Edited by The Big Cat

In fact, I think if we were to poll Bills nation on a five-tiered spectrum:

Buffoon--Subpar--Average--Good--Genius

I think the results would come in:

15--25--40--15--5

fair enough but when you want to gauge a bills fan ask Flu tie or Johnson vs Tennessee and listen to why. That tells you all you need to know.

fair enough but when you want to gauge a bills fan ask Flu tie or Johnson vs Tennessee and listen to why. That tells you all you need to know.

I've heard reasonable perspectives on both sides of that argument. It's not that simple.

Nah. All I need to know is a fan's top five reasons Trent Edwards never got a real shot in Buffalo.

apparently Donald Jones wrote a book and in it spills the details on Trent and how the coaches had no idea he was going to be released. Some folks tweeting about it today.

Nah. All I need to know is a fan's top five reasons Trent Edwards never got a real shot in Buffalo.

1. Dakota Fanning

2. Concussion studies inconclusive

3. Check down

4. It doesn't matter anymore

5. Its nice weather out

apparently Donald Jones wrote a book and in it spills the details on Trent and how the coaches had no idea he was going to be released. Some folks tweeting about it today.

wow Donald Jones. I had to think hard to remember him. What a tough SOB. Good effort. Solid dude

1. Dakota Fanning

2. Concussion studies inconclusive

3. Check down

4. It doesn't matter anymore

5. Its nice weather out

wow Donald Jones. I had to think hard to remember him. What a tough SOB. Good effort. Solid dude

yeah his book is about his kidney disease

http://www.rochesterfirst.com/shared-sports/buffalo-blitz/former-bill-chronicles-his-life-in-the-next-quarter

They were still calling him a genius on WFAN yesterday.

Out of curiosity, who was? I rarely hear much outside of disdain from them about Rexy. Mike Francesa was cackling when it first seemed we might sign him (and the Jets Marrone).

I stopped reading after the first line.

If you want to turn this into a semantic argument about who said what, no thanks.

I know what I said. I know what I meant. And it hadn't changed. Sorry you wrote a long response I have no intention of reading.

White flag. Mean what you say and say what you mean.

White flag. Mean what you say and say what you mean.

yes. White flag. fine. this is a battle. and you've won. expect a trophy soon. congrats. you're a winner.

Wow. so this JUST came out.