Mario Williams released

I'm surprised that's what it sounds like, because that's not what I wrote. I forgot you're in crusade mode.

Yes. That's right. Always Crusading. I have the gaul to call people on their bull ****. And that makes me a Crusader.

Oh the Crusades! Crusade away! That's my motto!

Let me stop by mindless Crusade and ask you a yes or no question: Should Mario have done more to stop Kirk Cousins on that play?

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. That's right. Always Crusading. I have the gaul to call people on their bull ****. And that makes me a Crusader.

Oh the Crusades! Crusade away! That's my motto!

Let me stop by mindless Crusade and ask you a yes or no question: Should Mario have done more to stop Kirk Cousins on that play?

You and Caesar both.

Nah.

Edited by FireChan

My point is that Mario Williams is not the first nor the last player or even superstar to not go above and beyond on a single play. It was a poor example of him quitting.

it truly was not the best example.And he did not exactly quit on the play. He is not stupid and new the play was turning back away from him and surely expected someone to be there.

One thing for sure, is that Mario became very frustrated and let that get the better of him last year.

But i would not defend my stance if this was what i based my opinion upon. that was a bit of a clusterf all around.

Thing is Chan, there has already been enough all 22 going to around to make the point. and my eyeballs all though imperfect are what i must use to discern the reality of the matter. not fanspeak

Unless you have Charlemagne in a bottle, I'm calling bull****.

here we go, invoking the Rosicrucians again.

If you're willing to overlook the blunt delivery and the fact that Caesar was not a Gaul but a Roman who famously fought the Gauls, then yeah, yours still sucked.

He was not a Gaul, but he conquered Gaul. Literally "having the Gaul." Be better.

I get it. Mario was a kitty last year, but let's not act like he wasn't very good for most of his career here.

Mario is a great talent. The question for the Bills and now other teams is whether you want to take the risk that he will quit on you.

The Bills signed him to largest contract in Buffalo Bills history. It was a transformative contract. Mario acted like a petulant child. He owed more to the team, his teammates, and Buffalo Bills fans.

How could any team risk paying him much in guarantied money given that he has shown that he will pull a Doug Marrone.

It would be so Miami hamster wheel to sign Mario, lose Wake and get outbid for Vernon.

With Rex and Tannenbaum trying to put the screws to each other all the time I can see Wake ending up here.

@mikegarafolo

Dolphins are one of a handful of teams showing interest in Mario Williams. He's visiting Miami today, as @RapSheet said.

@AroundTheNFL

The No. 7 free agent on Around The NFL's top 99 list, Williams would add pass-rushing help off the edge alongside Ndamukong Suh if he signed in Miami.

Bringing in Williams could be a signal to pass rusher Cameron Wake that the team is willing to move on if he doesn't take a pay cut or work out an extension to lower his cap number. Williams could also be a backup plan in case Olivier Vernon -- whom the Dolphins transition tagged -- landed a massive deal Miami couldn't match. Or, in another scenario, the Dolphins could sign Williams and rescind Vernon's tag.