Josina Anderson: Mario open to pay cut to stay with Bills

YoloinOhio

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@christrapasso

Von Miller & DeMarcus Ware dropped into coverage more times than Jerry Hughes & Mario Williams during the 2015 regular season. #mythbusting... both Wade and Rex run a hybrid 3-4.

I saw that too. I don't think Mario's biggest gripe was with pass coverage. I think he railed most against gap responsibilities.

GO BILLS!!!

I saw that too. I don't think Mario's biggest gripe was with pass coverage. I think he railed most against gap responsibilities.

GO BILLS!!!

the pass coverage was what he seemed to talk about the most to the media though I think the only number he'd be comfortable with is "zero"

the pass coverage was what he seemed to talk about the most to the media though I think the only number he'd be comfortable with is "zero"

Rockinon makes a good point or two. One is what the media did to create divisiveness amongst the fans and possibly within the team itself.

Very weird Buffalo media. As if they are focused on creating suspicion when none is needed

GO BILLS!!!

I think they all did. But what the media kept harping on was not fact. Surprising I know!

GO BILLS!!!

The problem I have with that was his gap responsibility, 2-gap, mostly came in obvious running situation. When it was obvious passing situations Rex lines up his DE and edge guys with 1-gap reasponsibility unless he's doing a blitz. Mario still had plenty of times where he was lined up with 1-gap responsibilities. Rex does allows his players to "freelance" a bit and line up either 1 or 2 gap responsibility. Mo Wilkerson thrived when he would freelance. It happens a lot more when the defense is in more of a 4-3 under.

The problem I have with that was his gap responsibility, 2-gap, mostly came in obvious running situation. When it was obvious passing situations Rex lines up his DE and edge guys with 1-gap reasponsibility unless he's doing a blitz. Mario still had plenty of times where he was lined up with 1-gap responsibilities. Rex does allows his players to "freelance" a bit and line up either 1 or 2 gap responsibility. Mo Wilkerson thrived when he would freelance. It happens a lot more when the defense is in more of a 4-3 under.

Regardless what Mario didn't like most, he saw fit to quit on his teammates, coaches, and fans. That is now on his resume for all the world to see every time the game tape starts rolling. Hard to hide from that. And I think it will negatively impact his job prospects moving forward.

GO BILLS!!!

Regardless what Mario didn't like most, he saw fit to quit on his teammates, coaches, and fans. That is now on his resume for all the world to see every time the game tape starts rolling. Hard to hide from that. And I think it will negatively impact his job prospects moving forward.

GO BILLS!!!

That's the part that annoys me the most, that he quit.

That's the part that annoys me the most, that he quit.

me too. and it is not arguable. any one who watched, and or rewatched knew it was true enough. such a shame really.

salad was not perfect.

crotouns: yes. but terribly salty. but they deliver through grub hub.

make your own dressing? thats the key with Caesar salad.

No amount of any kind of gap pressure would have slowed down the quick passing attack that immediately neutralized the front four in the first six weeks of the season.

And there's nothing to 'admit.'

Rex took the players out of a scheme that was perfect for their skill set (so long as nobody got injured). Who is disputing this?

What IS at issue is whether his scheme will be more successful long term, and won't live or die by four healthy pro bowlers up front.

If that were true then every team would adopt a quick passing attack. Its apparently flawless. Denver found a way to bring the most effective quick passing offense to a halt so I am not buying that argument. The quick passing attack narrative which was used to explain our anemic pass rush early in the season fell apart when our pass rush failed to improve no matter who we were playing.

GO BILLS!!!

I'll ask again, if he completely quit on his teammates then why was he on the field and why aren't we directing the same animosity at the head coach who let him keep his spot in the lineup?

If that were true then every team would adopt a quick passing attack. Its apparently flawless. Denver found a way to bring the most effective quick passing offense to a halt so I am not buying that argument. The quick passing attack narrative which was used to explain our anemic pass rush early in the season fell apart when our pass rush failed to improve no matter who we were playing.

I'll ask again, if he completely quit on his teammates then why was he on the field and why aren't we directing the same animosity at the head coach who let him keep his spot in the lineup?

Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware knowing the silent snap count were better than anything Bills fans could dream of in 2015. To use their performance in the AFCC game as a standard is beyond absurd.

GO BILLS!!!

Not sure about this. I haven't heard the coach say one ill thing about Mario. We never saw him benched for any reason. Tape doesn't tell you what his assignment is. The tape would be helpful if we knew his assignment but I've been watching football for 40yrs and still can't say for certain what the tape is telling me.

Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware knowing the silent snap count were better than anything Bills fans could dream of in 2015. To use their performance in the AFCC game as a standard is beyond absurd.

No more absurd than:

No amount of any kind of gap pressure would have slowed down the quick passing attack that immediately neutralized the front four in the first six weeks of the season.

Quick passing attack is offensive panacea.

Even if he played lights out, we may still be moving on from him given the contract. Brandon and Whaley gambled with free agents, and it didn't work. We improved on offense, but they must have just assumed the defense would be a top 4 team. It's a calculated bet.

Add the speculation I subscribe to in he did quit on his team, and I don't know why to even vascilate over the idea of cutting a guy past 30 with a bad attitude, and tried to dictate scheme to the media. I seriously doubt there is even a .1% chance we see Mario in a Bills uniform again.

Not sure about this. I haven't heard the coach say one ill thing about Mario. We never saw him benched for any reason. Tape doesn't tell you what his assignment is. The tape would be helpful if we knew his assignment but I've been watching football for 40yrs and still can't say for certain what the tape is telling me.

I wouldn't expect a coach to say one bad thing publicly and I'm glad Rex hasn't.

We could argue about what we know or don't know about player assignments, but I don't think it's that complicated when it comes to Mario's performance last season.

All we need to confirm his lack of commitment, is how he got off the ball at the snap. It all starts there, regardless of scheme and responsibility.

Unless he had some undisclosed injury or time caught up with him, his explosion was not there.

The only other explanation is that he simply did not have the desire to get off the ball. That he quit.

GO BILLS!!!

And there's nothing to 'admit.'

Rex took the players out of a scheme that was perfect for their skill set (so long as nobody got injured). Who is disputing this?

What IS at issue is whether his scheme will be more successful long term, and won't live or die by four healthy pro bowlers up front.

There were not four pro bowlers up front.

Definition of we? You are already directing animosity at the head coach?

If you mean "Why aren't YOU joining ME at directing the same animosity at the head coach" I'd say I'd never follow Jauron.

Lol you must have missed his Preston Brown diatribe and preemptive excuse-o-matic 2016. He basically called him stupid and timid.

I think it was just timid, not stupid. He said that he wasn't vocal enough which is why they put Manny Lawson at MLB for the last couple of games.

Lol you must have missed his Preston Brown diatribe and preemptive excuse-o-matic 2016. He basically called him stupid and timid.

Wrong! He intimated that he knew Brown is intelligent and has the mental acumen to handle the position as the son of a coach. Your takes are lava fire hot man. :lol: