Greg Hardy could be one-and-done in Dallas

Punching Bag

He's actually a really good guy. Gets a bad rap cause of his on field demeanor. He's been over my place several times and you wouldn't even think he was an animal on the field. He actually wanted to come to buff to play on our line before last season.

Really? Because my friend's Sister dated him briefly while he played for Carolina, and she claims that he is a raving lunatic. Stopped seeing him because she was afraid of him. I don't know for sure...just what I was told.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's actually a really good guy. Gets a bad rap cause of his on field demeanor. He's been over my place several times and you wouldn't even think he was an animal on the field. He actually wanted to come to buff to play on our line before last season.

I'm not doubting that you had a good relationship with him and that he could be a pleasant fellow. But he does have a history of abusing women. This is a fellow who doesn't seem to have any remorse or understanding that his behavior was inappropriate toward women. I would not want the Bills to add him to the roster no matter how good of a player he is. He is trouble not worth taking a risk on.

I have watched Cowboy games where even on the sidelines he loses his composure to the extent that he has to be restrained. I said it in another posting that I consider him to be a potential menace to society. I wasn't trying to be funny.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article9121826.html

I'm not doubting that you had a good relationship with him and that he could be a pleasant fellow.

it seems too many people get caught up in the idea that a jerk must be a jerk at ALL times, or the corresponding opposite.

plenty of day to day good people do TERRIBLE things, and some of the big jerks also have kind moments.

this dude seems to have plenty of red flags to think that hes the bad guy that can be friendly at times.

Really? Because my friend's Sister dated him briefly while he played for Carolina, and she claims that he is a raving lunatic. Stopped seeing him because she was afraid of him. I don't know for sure...just what I was told.

him and I dated the same girl and she said he was nothing but sweet to her. He has this side of him when he goes to the gym, practice or in a game where he turns into a monster but that's his way of getting into the game. If you knew the girl that accused you'd know she has a history of doing the same thing she did to hardy. she is nuts...i've seen her throw a bottle of liquor at a customer of a club she was working at.

him and I dated the same girl and she said he was nothing but sweet to her. He has this side of him when he goes to the gym, practice or in a game where he turns into a monster but that's his way of getting into the game. If you knew the girl that accused you'd know she has a history of doing the same thing she did to hardy. she is nuts...i've seen her throw a bottle of liquor at a customer of a club she was working at.

With all due respect, I know plenty of people who are cool with me who do terrible things.

I don't doubt Hardy isn't a terrible guy 24/7. I do believe he has done some bad things and I won't ever want to cheer for him.

it seems too many people get caught up in the idea that a jerk must be a jerk at ALL times, or the corresponding opposite.

plenty of day to day good people do TERRIBLE things, and some of the big jerks also have kind moments.

this dude seems to have plenty of red flags to think that hes the bad guy that can be friendly at times.

There is a frightening volatility about him even evident when he was on the sidelines. The Cowboys are one of the most receptive teams for bad boys who have talent. They no longer want to have an association with him.

I'm much more sympathetic towards Randy Gregory who has some serious emotional/psychological/addiction/demons issues to wrestle with. I find Hardy to be a menacing presence. I don't get the sense that he is capable of having the self-awareness and understanding that his conduct is at times aberrant. I don't want to get too carried away but I consider him to be in a small sense a sociopath. It's my opinion that any franchise willing to take a risk on him is being foolhardy.

There is a frightening volatility about him even evident when he was on the sidelines. The Cowboys are one of the most receptive teams for bad boys who have talent. They no longer want to have an association with him.

I'm much more sympathetic towards Randy Gregory who has some serious emotional/psychological/addiction/demons issues to wrestle with. I find Hardy to be a menacing presence. I don't get the sense that he is capable of having the self-awareness and understanding that his conduct is at times aberrant. I don't want to get too carried away but I consider him to be in a small sense a sociopath. It's my opinion that any franchise willing to take a risk on him is being foolhardy.

Good post and nice pun at the end. :)

Good post and nice pun at the end. :)

I didn't intend on making a pun but I'll take credit for it. Sometimes good accidents do happen. I'm never reluctant to take credit even when I am not worthy of it. It balances out the criticisms that I sometimes don't deserve.

• 1 month later...

Here's why he's done: "

"Hardy, who sat out the first four games of last season as punishment for the domestic violence case, continued to push his coach, his teammates and his team owner. The Cowboys came close to disciplining Hardy for his actions, showing up late for meetings and reportedly slapping a clipboard from an assistant coach's hands, during the season, among other things. When Hardy's effectiveness waned late last season, it appeared the Cowboys were done making excuses for him."

So besides being a D-bag, seems like he's hit more women than QBs as of late. He did nothing past Thanksgiving last year, other than make a fool of himself.

I'm guessing owners will black ball him...