Obama's Post Presidency

/dev/null

Shot:

Former President Barack Obama claimed credit Tuesday for the recent boom in U.S. oil production immediately after praising the Paris Climate Accords, which committed the U.S. to dramatically reducing greenhouse-gas emissions.

“I was extraordinarily proud of the Paris accords because — you know, I know we’re in oil country and we need American energy, and by the way, American energy production,” Obama told the audience gathered at Rice University’s Baker Institute on Tuesday night. “You wouldn’t always know it but it went up every year I was president. That whole, suddenly America’s like the biggest oil producer and the biggest gas — that was me, people.”

Obama Claims Credit for Boom in U.S. Oil Production, Praises Paris Climate AccordsNational Review Online, today.

● Chaser: 

Obama: Nation can’t drill its way out of soaring gas prices.

The Hill, May 6th, 2011.

.DtF-sfkV4AMKdlw.jpg:large

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He's scared.

That's not fear. That's delusion. He was never the smartest tool in the shed to begin with, but he has somehow crossed over to convincing himself that everything good happening in the country wouldn't have happened if it weren't for him. He's really just delusional but he's surrounded by NPCs who believe what he says, so no one will ever call him out to his face.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

That's not fear. That's delusion. He was never the smartest tool in the shed to begin with, but he has somehow crossed over to convincing himself that everything good happening in the country wouldn't have happened if it weren't for him. He's really just delusional but he's surrounded by NPCs who believe what he says, so no one will ever call him out to his face.

Yeah, one of his sycophants probably told him it was all him, so he believes it. He wasn't called the Narcissist-in-Chief because it was undeserved.

9 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

You seriously think this is a recent thing with him.  Obama has thought he was God's gift to humanity for a long time now. 

28 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You seriously think this is a recent thing with him.  Obama has thought he was God's gift to humanity for a long time now. 

I think he's delusional to ask people to thank him for something he literally didn't do. Even for Obama, it's too much Obama.

On 11/22/2018 at 9:22 AM, LSHMEAB said:

When I was a kid, it was the Christian right telling people how to live. It's one of the main reasons I rejected republicanism.

At this point in time, it's clearly the left trying to legislate behavior. I'm not going to abandon my positions on economic issues, but it's becoming really difficult to relate to people who view the word "stupid" as offensive.

Out of all his foreign and domestic views, the one thing Trump struck a chord with the majority of the American public is his rejection of political correctness.  It's just a small group of a$$holes that ruin it for everybody else.  Here's an October 2018 study.  Here's a study the Democratic candidate may want to keep in mind

According to the report, 25 percent of Americans are traditional or devoted conservatives, and their views are far outside the American mainstream. Some 8 percent of Americans are progressive activists, and their views are even less typical. By contrast, the two-thirds of Americans who don’t belong to either extreme constitute an “exhausted majority.” Their members “share a sense of fatigue with our polarized national conversation, a willingness to be flexible in their political viewpoints, and a lack of voice in the national conversation.”

Most members of the “exhausted majority,” and then some, dislike political correctness. Among the general population, a full 80 percent believe that “political correctness is a problem in our country.” Even young people are uncomfortable with it, including 74 percent ages 24 to 29, and 79 percent under age 24. On this particular issue, the woke are in a clear minority across all ages.

Whites are ever so slightly less likely than average to believe that political correctness is a problem in the country: 79 percent of them share this sentiment. Instead, it is Asians (82 percent), Hispanics (87 percent), and American Indians (88 percent) who are most likely to oppose political correctness. 

The one part of the standard narrative that the data partially affirm is that African Americans are most likely to support political correctness. But the difference between them and other groups is much smaller than generally supposed: Three quarters of African Americans oppose political correctness. This means that they are only four percentage points less likely than whites, and only five percentage points less likely than the average, to believe that political correctness is a problem.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Whites are ever so slightly less likely than average to believe that political correctness is a problem in the country: 79 percent of them share this sentiment. Instead, it is Asians (82 percent), Hispanics (87 percent), and American Indians (88 percent) who are most likely to oppose political correctness. 

The one part of the standard narrative that the data partially affirm is that African Americans are most likely to support political correctness. But the difference between them and other groups is much smaller than generally supposed: Three quarters of African Americans oppose political correctness. This means that they are only four percentage points less likely than whites, and only five percentage points less likely than the average, to believe that political correctness is a problem.

Well...yeah.  Political correctness isn't created and promoted by minorities.  It's promoted by liberal whites who believe minorities need protection and can't take care of themselves.  Minorities themselves don't much care.

43 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Well...yeah.  Political correctness isn't created and promoted by minorities.  It's promoted by liberal whites who believe minorities need protection and can't take care of themselves.  Minorities themselves don't much care.

Well yeah, minorities don't view themselves as being less than whites, liberal whites do.

• Like (+1) 1