If Mel Kieper's Bills draft picks were accurate

SJDK

like others have said, kiper can evaluate talent.

kiper, however, like everyone, cannot make a good mock draft.

when it comes time to play the name to team game he struggles and has been accused of touting players based upon sharing agents, etc.

still, take his analysis with a grain of salt - but its usually not wrong.

Ha! Maybe as a Cart-boy at Wal-Mart. Maybe....

It's hilarious when a person who hasn't achieved a quarter of the success as a 25 year old try to knock them down. But I'm sure you are changing the world. :)

Draft "experts" have the best job in the world. They can make wild predictions and put down teams' drafts without getting fired. I give Kiper all the credit in the world but his resume to be an "expert" is laughable.

Mayock is probably the best but he had Gabbert over Newton and Robert Ayers (a part time starter in college) as being the best defensive player in his draft. These guys would be fired within 3 years if they actually had to do the job.

It's just sad that fans put so much stock into their opinions. It's entertainment but it's hardly science.

like others have said, kiper can evaluate talent.

kiper, however, like everyone, cannot make a good mock draft.

when it comes time to play the name to team game he struggles and has been accused of touting players based upon sharing agents, etc.

still, take his analysis with a grain of salt - but its usually not wrong.

His ability to evaluate talent isn't anything more special than people who can watch YouTube clips.

But he popularize this so he is a great business man.

Nah, Kiper is average at what he does. Mike Mayock is very good at what he does.

Agreed. Love Mayock!!

Can you cite evidence that shows this to be the case?

I believe he is stating an opinion which is fine. As nobody I know can predict the future. It will be tough to cite evidence on predicting the future.

Would you prefer if he used IMO?

Do you prefer being a lawyer, English teacher or just being a Bills fan on a Bills board?

It's hilarious when a person who hasn't achieved a quarter of the success as a 25 year old try to knock them down. But I'm sure you are changing the world. :)

Hey! I'm the best damn Cart-boy Wal-Mart ever had! I've been promoted to Senior Cart-Boy -got awards and stuff.. I Know Cart-boy talent when I see it!

For the hundredth time, Mel Kiper is very good at what he does.

What he does is attract eyeballs for the NFL draft for nearly two months, so yes, he's excellent at that.

In terms of predicting talent or draft picks, he's nothing special.

Can you cite evidence that shows this to be the case?

We've been over this. I believe that EJ was short-changed by Maroon when he told him to stop running after the knee injury in CLE, and pulling him after the JJ Watt interception in HOU. Others believe that EJ sucked the day we drafted him, sucked when he played, and sucks right now. So there you have it. No need to have this spin off into another EJ thread.

Mel is nearly perfect in his current role. He can say a lot of intelligent things about an awful lot of players. He has a good memory with a basic understanding of what actual scouts are looking for.

In other words, Mel is like Matt Millen and would perform about as well if ever given the chance to be a GM.

I hope another team in AFCE gives him a chance to prove how good he is.