McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

Why do you think there is talk about him giving up sole authority over player discipline?

The league already said that Wolfe won't face suspension. I don't see how they could do it in one case and not another and have it stand.

I know why there is talk. But last I checked, it remains just talk.

Why do you think he won't do it again? How much would you be willing to bet that he doesn't toss 1 game at Shady just cuz? This isn't the first time Shady has brought scrutiny on himself. Outside of Bills fans, no one would blink if he were given 1 game.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you should look at the policy in a vacuum. The context and/or circumstances matter quite a bit and in this particular case there should be no suspension.

Again, I'm not saying that there should be; I'm saying that there could be based on (a) the wording of the Policy and (b) the amount of discretion that Rog has in the decision.

Is anyone even making the argument that he should be punished?

I don't think so, but admittedly I haven't read everyone's responses.

I know why there is talk. But last I checked, it remains just talk.

Why do you think he won't do it again? How much would you be willing to bet that he doesn't toss 1 game at Shady just cuz? This isn't the first time Shady has brought scrutiny on himself. Outside of Bills fans, no one would blink if he were given 1 game.

I'll bet whatever amount of money you want. The bet being Shady never actually serve a suspension for this incident. Game?

Is anyone even making the argument that he should be punished?

WEO is. Not sure how you're missing that.

I'll bet whatever amount of money you want. The bet being Shady never actually serve a suspension for this incident. Game?

Seems like he's just arguing with you if Roger could suspend him. Which he could.

Goodell has gotten his ass kicked enough recently that you'd think he will tread carefully.

That's what I am thinking as well. I don't see Goodell stepping out on a limb here and exposing himself to more criticism and another NFLPA challenge to one of his decisions. He has not faired well against those challenges and I seriously doubt he will put himself in position for another smack down over something like this where the DA did his damndest to find a way to charge McCoy with something and was unable to based on the facts. I'll be shocked of Roger decides that he sees something the DA didn't.

Seems like he's just arguing with you if Roger could suspend him. Which he could.

No, he wants to see him suspended. He made his mind up as soon as he heard the report and entrenched himself when he saw the video.

That's what I am thinking as well. I don't see Goodell stepping out on a limb here and exposing himself to more criticism and another NFLPA challenge to one of his decisions. He has not faired well against those challenges and I seriously doubt he will put himself in position for another smack down over something like this where the DA did his damndest to find a way to charge McCoy with something and was unable to based on the facts. I'll be shocked of Roger decides that he sees something the DA didn't.

If Rog is dumb enough to suspend Shady, the star witness at the trial would be none other than the Phiily DA.

No. I will bet nothing on the whims of Goodell because I'm of sound mind and not personally invested in this issue.

No. I will bet nothing on the whims of Goodell because I'm of sound mind and not personally invested in this issue.

Goodell's whims can only get him so far. And I certainly am invested as I don't want to see the star Arab of my tea getting suspended.

No, he wants to see him suspended. He made his mind up as soon as he heard the report and entrenched himself when he saw the video.

If Rog is dumb enough to suspend Shady, the star witness at the trial would be none other than the Phiily DA.

I think you're hearing what you want to hear Doc.

Goodell's whims can only get him so far. And I certainly am invested as I don't want to see the star Arab of my tea getting suspended.

You racist pig.

Who cares how he tried to get the cop from choking his friend?

And Big Ben had been accused of sexually assaulted several women and settled with them out of court, before finally suspending him. Huge difference that is obvious to most.

Yep. I can't imagine the ****-storm Rog would unleash if he started suspending players for helping people who are being assaulted. And like I said, if Wolfe isn't in danger of being suspended, neither is Shady.

Yep, otherwise Shady and/or his friends would have been charged. He didn't come out and say it because he didn't want to have to charge the PO(s) for starting it.

To the first bolded, it shows McCoy wasn't telling the truth.

To the second bolded, there were 2, not several. One was a clear shakedown by a disturbed woman who bragged that she hoped she got pregnant by Big Ben and have "little Roethlesbergers", never went to the cops after her romp with Ben, and who sent emails to a fake "boyfriend" right after the "assault" saying how she "would date Ben Roethlisberger". The second one was a bathroom BJ after which the DA concluded that, even if the accuser had not asked to not go forward with the charges, he wouldn't have anyway due to lack of evidence and a shaky witness.

Goodell knew all that as well, but suspended Ben because he figured he had to.

Wrong yet again doc. Simply saying he could be suspended.

Your misunderstanding of that is what I am responding to.

See? this is what I'm talking about. Makes no sense at all.

The good ole days. When on weekends after church everyone would look forward to a hangin' or a witch burning. Those were the things that brought community together. Now its all on the internet and no one gets to watch their neighbour confess to their sins and piss themselves from fear of dyin'

Nowadays you can hardly make decent plans for floggings. Family is going here all the darned time, and there and just not enough time for down home get togethers. I miss the old days.

Funny stuff.

Funny stuff.

People get so hung up on details.

I am going to have to trust the DA knows exactly what happened and made the right decision.

Not one that protects anyone or favors any parties with a stake in the outcome.

Sometimes when unknowns are involved ,and there are plenty here, you need to have some faith that someone had clarity of mind.

I think the DA is that man.

To the first bolded, it shows McCoy wasn't telling the truth.

To the second bolded, there were 2, not several. One was a clear shakedown by a disturbed woman who bragged that she hoped she got pregnant by Big Ben and have "little Roethlesbergers", never went to the cops after her romp with Ben, and who sent emails to a fake "boyfriend" right after the "assault" saying how she "would date Ben Roethlisberger". The second one was a bathroom BJ after which the DA concluded that, even if the accuser had not asked to not go forward with the charges, he wouldn't have anyway due to lack of evidence and a shaky witness.

Goodell knew all that as well, but suspended Ben because he figured he had to.

Wrong yet again doc. Simply saying he could be suspended.

Your misunderstanding of that is what I am responding to.

See? this is what I'm talking about. Makes no sense at all.

He admitted he threw a punch but it didn't land. Ostensibly he threw it to get the cop off his friend. Whose hands he saw around his friend's neck.

Big Ben had 2 sexual assault charges and he settled them both. As a result, he got suspended. He had a prior history, regardless of whether they were money grabs (and this isn't?) or not. Shady has no history of assaulting people, much less settling.

LOL! Sure you don't want to see him suspended. But I'll come out and ask you point blank: do you think Shady should be suspended? A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice.

Edited by Doc

He admitted he threw a punch but it didn't land. Ostensibly he threw it to get the cop off his friend. Whose hands he saw around his friend's neck.

Big Ben had 2 sexual assault charges and he settled them both. As a result, he got suspended. He had a prior history, regardless of whether they were money grabs (and this isn't?) or not. Shady has no history of assaulting people, much less settling.

LOL! Sure you don't want to see him suspended. But I'll come out and ask you point blank: do you think Shady should be suspended? A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice.

Right on the money Doc!

Roger might conclude that McCoy's friends did just fine beating the cops without his air-punch.

I hope the DA gives Roger evidence to berate the cops and finds them after a potential money grab. With enough evidence to show them as the bad guys.

How dare the police pick on the shield.

That would be a nice twist to the whole thing.

I hope the DA gives Roger evidence to berate the cops and finds them after a potential money grab. With enough evidence to show them as the bad guys.

How dare the police pick on the shield.

That would be a nice twist to the whole thing.

Maybe Rog can suspend the cops...from attending Eagles games.

People get so hung up on details.

I am going to have to trust the DA knows exactly what happened and made the right decision.

Not one that protects anyone or favors any parties with a stake in the outcome.

Sometimes when unknowns are involved ,and there are plenty here, you need to have some faith that someone had clarity of mind.

I think the DA is that man.

Personally, I wouldn't trust a Philly DA to make the right decision ordering lunch.

Personally, I wouldn't trust a Philly DA to make the right decision ordering lunch.

well previous experience with authority figures will do that to you.

The DA there may be the only sane one in the bunch. the police seem to be a bit off here, the FOP has certainly removed any filters to adequately represent anything good and honest much less sound cogent.

as for lunch. if he orders cheez wiz and not mozz , on his philly steak or ranch with his Buffalo wings? then i will agree with you.