McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's foolish to think

Good to see that they're operating on the assumption that he'll be suspended. It's foolish to think otherwise. Just based on the one punch alone caught on video, he'll get some games. And it's doubtful Goodell will be gullible enough to buy the story of Saint LeSean rushing in to save his friend from certain death and missing every punch he throws.

While I do think that the bills would be smart to cover themselves (would be anyway......Boobie was a total liability at RB) It is interesting how there are mulitple accounts of what happened....nobody really knows......but already people are condeming him.

I have resisted saying anything because i really do respect police officers. I am also a huge Bills fan.

I have not seen any of the footage. I refuse to watch it to be honest. The one comment i do have is , why does it matter they were off duty police officers? I mean in this day and age we know police can make mistakes just like the rest of us, even more so when you mix alcohol into a scene

The only reason (IMO) that it matters is that the Philly police have a very powerful and outspoken union which is throwing its weight behind the officers and pushing for prosecution. If these were ordinary citizens having a dispute no way would the DA be wasting its time on this.

Way too soon to conclude that he'll be suspended, but the Bills have to make contingency plans.

@RapSheet

Ian Rapoport Retweeted NFL Total Access

They'll add a RB in free agency or the draft for this reason.

Why on earth would the Bills give out accurate information about their draft and FA plans at this time of year? Rapoport is guessing or going off info from someone who doesn't know

It's foolish to think

Good to see that they're operating on the assumption that he'll be suspended. It's foolish to think otherwise. Just based on the one punch alone caught on video, he'll get some games. And it's doubtful Goodell will be gullible enough to buy the story of Saint LeSean rushing in to save his friend from certain death and missing every punch he throws.

The video proves nothing other than he threw a punch which may or may not have landed. Again if the NFL doesn't even suspend players for punching guys during football games...

The only reason (IMO) that it matters is that the Philly police have a very powerful and outspoken union which is throwing its weight behind the officers and pushing for prosecution. If these were ordinary citizens having a dispute no way would the DA be wasting its time on this.

Why on earth would the Bills give out accurate information about their draft and FA plans at this time of year? Rapoport is guessing or going off info from someone who doesn't know

Or more likely old info, like after the video surfaced.

WTF with the red Man Purse?

It appears to be a shopping bag (resusable) from target; I have one at home.

The video proves nothing other than he threw a punch which may or may not have landed. Again if the NFL doesn't even suspend players for punching guys during football games...

That is due to the NFLPA who is more concerned with players getting money than concern of players being injured on plays even when they include things such as stomping on players.

That is due to the NFLPA who is more concerned with players getting money than concern of players being injured on plays even when they include things such as stomping on players.

That would seem to be a league discipline issue and nothing the NFLPA has any say over. Do you have a link to this?

Punching other players on the field is one thing. Punching people out in public is a different kettle of fish. Even with no video and charges dropped, Kromer still got 6 games. I think you're just telling yourself what you want to hear at this point.

Punching other players on the field is one thing. Punching people out in public is a different kettle of fish. Even with no video and charges dropped, Kromer still got 6 games. I think you're just telling yourself what you want to hear at this point.

Totally different scenarios that aren't even close to being comparable with Kromer roughing up kids.

I could say the same for you. And Kromer admitted to hitting a kid over lounge chairs. Not defending a friend.

my first thought after reading that was "smokescreen." Though I wouldn't mind Paul Perkins in the 6th. :-)

But Bills are nicely positioned one slot of ahead of the Jets who are going to be in need of an RB early. They could try to trade up for Elliott in the 1st or Henry in the 2nd or 3rd if they think the Bills want to take a RB. That would be great to get extra picks from them.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Charges were dropped, but the Bills did their own investigation, after which they decided to suspend him.

This is the stuff that scares me the most - team or league punishment. For what I've read was a swing and a miss (but I skipped the video so....).

This is the stuff that scares me the most - team or league punishment. For what I've read was a swing and a miss (but I skipped the video so....).

Was just about to comment on that. People seem to be arguing that McCoy now has to dodge a suspension from the NFL and the team. All while trying to convince themselves that he probably won't get suspended. Funny stuff.