Quinton Coples to be available again

YoloinOhio

I'm 31... but I didn't start watching the NFL until a holiday the US in summer 2002 when I was 18.

I see, Holiday? Are you from England?

Whilst I wish I'd have had seen those early 90s teams I think 4 Superbowl losses would have been horrible to live through

they were, but still rather have had those 90's team than not.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see, Holiday? Are you from England?

I am. We have family friends who live just outside San Diego but the guy is originally a Buffalonian.... and I watched a pre-season game with him in August 2002 whilst I was over there and was hooked. It has been mainly pain since.... but when the good times come...... it is going to be one hell of a party.

BB- good catch.

Gunner, I know four losses was tough, but we were so accustomed to winning. We went to the playoffs 12 of 14 years. We had one of the greatest NFL offenses of all time. The part that was even better was we summarily crushed the Patriots over and over again.

That's why a lot of us joke Patriots fans think there team was invented in 2001, because outside of maybe three, they sucked for almost 15 years. I can't wait for our roles to flip back.

Gunner, I know four losses was tough, but we were so accustomed to winning. We went to the playoffs 12 of 14 years. We had one of the greatest NFL offenses of all time. The part that was even better was we summarily crushed the Patriots over and over again.

That's why a lot of us joke Patriots fans think there team was invented in 2001, because outside of maybe three, they sucked for almost 15 years. I can't wait for our roles to flip back.

Indeed. After the drought will come the flood.... or something like that....

Mario was not a great player this past year

No, Mario wasn't great this past year but how could you expect him to? Mario Williams is a pass rusher!! Denver didn't have Von Miller cover Demaryuis Thomas in the Super Bowl. Telling Mario Williams to cover a RB/TE/WR is like telling Steph Curry to post up. You don't take a player out of his element and expect them to be great!

No, Mario wasn't great this past year but how could you expect him to? Mario Williams is a pass rusher!! Denver didn't have Von Miller cover Demaryuis Thomas in the Super Bowl. Telling Mario Williams to cover a RB/TE/WR is like telling Steph Curry to post up. You don't take a player out of his element and expect them to be great!

Miller actually coverd TEs and RBs all over the field on Sunday, and did it well. And, Mario did, in fact, rush the passer most of the time he was on the field this year. He just didn't do it well.

Mario is better compared to Demarcus ware and Hughes to Von Miller, though.

Edited by YoloinOhio

But he had plenty of one and one situations which was surprising considering Kyle Williams was not playing and did nothing with them. It is not like he was dropping back to pass every down but occasionally he did it as part of an overload blitz.

Ryan's track record over a number of years says that you're Mantra of Rex sux is ridiculous. It suggests that last season is an aberration rather than the norm.

Ive always thanked you for your posts. You are the first to get and give the news.

However, Im now thinking you are part of the staff.

You are not a kool-aid drinker. You are the kool-aid maker.

Rex has had a horrible first year with the Bills. Grow some ballz and admit it!

Ive always thanked you for your posts. You are the first to get and give the news.

Stop thinking. You're not good at it. :lol:

Write up on Coples here

http://buildingtheherd.com/nfl-free-agency/5-bargain-bin-free-agents-that-could-attract-the-buffalo-bills/

Coples stands 66 and weighs 285 pounds and was a relatively productive edge player for the Jets under Ryan. In 2014 he racked up seven sacks, 11 quarterback hits and 21 hurries and his 39 total pressures ranked 20th among 3-4 outside linebackers, while his 18 tackles against the run ranked 18th. In 2013, Coples recorded six sacks, 15 hits and 23 hurries. His 44 pressures ranked 18th and his 21 run stops ranked 10th at his position. Coples has the size, athleticism and versatility to play as an edge rusher in addition to sliding to inside as an interior defender in nickel situations.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I am better with numbers than letters so there will be no x's and o's.

We went from the #4 defensive ranked team to #19.

In sacks we went from #1 to #31.

If you think his scheme is good please use either numbers or letters to back it up.

And we did it with the same players. Rex was arrogant and incapable of accepting the fact that he inherited a fine defense that didn't need to be "fixed" with his brilliant scheme.

How in any way does your post of what he said combat his post.....everyone KNOWS that RR had a crap first year.....what he is saying is that historically...his defenses have been good and it was ONE year.

Go back to the kiddie table Fred Ex....let the adults talk for a while

Whilst I wish I'd have had seen those early 90s teams I think 4 Superbowl losses would have been horrible to live through

It wasn't horrible. Two out of every three weeks, we were winning . Almost all of the losses were exciting & fun to watch. Those were fun times. It just confirms for me how the NYG's owner described a successful season - if the 16th game of the season means something. Sure, it would have been better if we won a few SBs but lacking that, we were all entertained every week to the Nth degree and the last game always seemed to mean something.

How in any way does your post of what he said combat his post.....everyone KNOWS that RR had a crap first year.....what he is saying is that historically...his defenses have been good and it was ONE year.

Go back to the kiddie table Fred Ex....let the adults talk for a while

Have they really been that good?

Please go look before you make a fool of yourself AGAIN!

Couples has 4 accrued seasons in the NFL and thus would not be subject to waivers. He will immediately become an unrestricted free agent and could sign anywhere. His old contract is meaningless.

When does the accrued season roll over? Is it after his teams final game, after the super bowl or after the close of the league year?