NFL Films composer Sam Spence dies at 88

Fixxxer

NFL Films composer Sam Spence dies at 88

On the eve of Super Bowl 50, the NFL has lost one of the men that helped tell the stories of the league’s history.

According to David Barron of the Houston Chronicle, NFL Films composer Sam Spence died Saturday at the age of 88 in Lewisville, Texas.

more.....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/07/nfl-films-composer-sam-spence-dies-at-88/

Didn't they just have that one song?

That one song that every kid of a certain era would hum over and over again to himself in his mind playing football games in his yard with his friends.

I kid--I think they had 5 or 6 of a similar variety, but boy was that an awesome idea putting the games slow mo to stirring semi-martial music.

RIP, good sir....

I just heard of Spence's demise :(

Suggestion: open this Youtube in one of your browser tabs (my favorite part is at 34:27). Then go read the rest of your Bills news in another tab.

Spence was the Joe Montana (and Jim Kelly) of music composition.

Then fill in the blanks below:

Tom Brady is the ____________ of music composition.

QB ________ is football's Milli Vanilli.

Edited by boater

That one song that every kid of a certain era would hum over and over again to himself in his mind playing football games in his yard with his friends.

I kid--I think they had 5 or 6 of a similar variety, but boy was that an awesome idea putting the games slow mo to stirring semi-martial music.

RIP, good sir....

That was Me! RIP, Sir, and Thank You!

My favorite is the Autumn Wind with the Raiders poem. That typifies the NFL. Too bad the Bills didn't get this mystique. I don't even like / nor dislike the Raiders.

RIP - Mr. Spence. The songs you provided for us growing up is what I think about with football. I'm glad for his family he lived a long life.

My favorite is the Autumn Wind with the Raiders poem. That typifies the NFL. Too bad the Bills didn't get this mystique. I don't even like / nor dislike the Raiders.

RIP - Mr. Spence. The songs you provided for us growing up is what I think about with football. I'm glad for his family he lived a long life.

My brother gave me this CD about 15 years ago. It's awesome. I think my favorite is The Pony Soldiers. My favorite poem:

Hopes and dreams

That are high in September.

Will wilt and die

In the chill of November.

We've sure felt that a few times.

Sam Spense was one heck of a composer.

Edited by reddogblitz

My brother gave me this CD about 15 years ago. It's awesome. I think my favorite is The Pony Soldiers. My favorite poem:

Hopes and dreams

That are high in September.

Will wilt and die

In the chill of November.

We've sure felt that a few times.

Sam Spense was one heck of a composer.

The Power and the Glory is the soundtrack every fantasy draft night I host!

https://youtu.be/tVugVQsjyaI

Edited by Corp000085