Sully embarrasses himself at the Super Bowl

YoloinOhio

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Prove it." is not a "difficult question."

Sullivan's trying to be a hard-hitting investigative reporter, without realizing that you don't do investigative reporting at press conferences.

Especially since he's a writer of an opinion column.

He has a plum job -- crap throwing monkey in a sports-obsessed town.

@TBNSully

I'd like to take a moment to thank all the people out there who think I'm the worst reporter around and should retire, but still follow me.

Ah, the Tim Graham playbook at its finest.

Ah, the Tim Graham playbook at its finest.

Yeah, they say this or mock people out like "Hey, tell it to your 55 followers" like anybody gives an eff about followers and they think people actually follow them because of them and not the fact that they have access to the news we want.

Oh, I'm just having a good time, that's all.

Some misunderstand your sense of humor.

i can see that.

Maybe Sullivan is enjoying his self too?

Not to directly compare the each of you. But my point is, sometimes it can be hard to decipher a persons true intentions.

and no one here nor there should be taken overly seriously.

Takes a village of all different sorts to keep us interested, amused and sane.

I appreciate you as i get it and you are very consistent and organized.

My favorite people have these qualities whilst i have none of them.

I disagree with you often, but always gets me thinking and i would never describe you as rude.

I find you to be part of out Family, Mr. Weo.

Why does Cam feel that as a black QB, there's no one to compare him to? To me, I took it as him being successful, which would go hand-in-hand with being able to throw from the pocket.

Cam made it about race first.

"I've said it since Day 1, I'm an African-American quarterback," Newton continued. "That may scare a lot of people because they haven't seen nothing that they can compare me to."

It makes me laugh. Sully that monster making it about race, yet Cam saying his race and football position "scares" folks is just a football player. Sully must've planted that quote in Cam's brain!

raysis

Who are all of these people who have such a problem with Cam Newton?

I keep hearing reporters bring it up on the radio and reading it in print but I'm not seeing it anywhere else.

i'd probably be called a hater, or someone who has a problem with cam. i think his schtick is annoying, and his antics childish. i like football players, not divas.

but i shrug it off and agree. you see it reported but not actually witnessed.

letters to the editor etc. people complaining about his gyrations on the field. A very small minority.

it's been pretty cool to see the local news coverage here, even an hour away. the local newspapers having letters talking about how newton and the panthers are an exhibition of teamwork and the good sportsmanship principle. i am hoping this can stand true to the super bowl because it's been valuable here for kids to talk about how Cam just has fun, dabs, etc.

kids soak it up, hopefully they understand it is a game and it's not real life - hopefully they don't emulate his antics on the field - but it's fun for kids here.

Even though Cam had already been through it a million times with other reporters?

Too bad Neil Armstrong died or Sully might be able to ask him what the moon is like.

this got no air time in the local media here, save for some local radio stations saying that newton is disliked by haters because his race and he was right...sooooo.... even here this went no where

He seems to be saying "there are a lot of racists out there- how do you feel about it"

which is nothing to do with his job, as likely stated a million times - he can't be an opinion writer reporting/interviewing with such leading crap.

His opinions are often rooted in some perceived slight that comes off as a vendetta and many times he sounds like a whiny little B word.

yet, we click, we talk and it generates discussion. just like the Kardashians.

Jimmy the Greek lost his gig on TV as did Rush Limbaugh for saying about the same kind of racist things. Howard Cossell ignited a **** storm when his drunken lips let slip a racial slander and he nearly lost his gig because of it. Sully's an asshat.

as pointed out major difference in situations

... GG...

did you get a chance to meet him at the opener?

great dude. i met him in the stadium during the game. we disagree on things but we had good conversations in game of what is going on - smart guy.

Like that time when he had to take a question from Jerry Sullivan...

Newton had no witty rejoinder for Chris Harris who made poor Cam walk out of the post game press report by saying "Can you throw the football"?

I guess it was funnier when Jerry asked it.....

did you get a chance to meet him at the opener?

great dude. i met him in the stadium during the game. we disagree on things but we had good conversations in game of what is going on - smart guy.

I cant clearly recall, it was a quick whirlwind at the tailgate. And I agree. And that is my point.

There are plenty of posters I might disagree with at times, but I still respect their opinion and still read in hopes of learning something different from another perspective.

I will never learn anything from Sully, and don't respect his opinion. So there is no point in reading him. Just like the posters I do have on ignore, who are mostly argumentative trolls only looking to get a rise out of people (aka Sully).