Sully embarrasses himself at the Super Bowl

YoloinOhio

Yes, I lived there for 26 years, and have gone back every Jan/Feb for the past 28 years. I live in Syracuse - it's not much different here, just substitute Orange basketball. The newspaper here has a curmudgeon too. It's all going to be OK.

And no you don't have to choose between Chris Brown and Jerry Sullivan. Look around and explore a little, there's many good writers out there - one or more will have the point of view you find palatable and won't "drag you down'. I think - you seem to be a bit like Joe Btfsplk.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I lived there for 26 years, and have gone back every Jan/Feb for the past 28 years. I live in Syracuse - it's not much different here, just substitute Orange basketball. The newspaper here has a curmudgeon too. It's all going to be OK.

And no you don't have to choose between Chris Brown and Jerry Sullivan. Look around and explore a little, there's many good writers out there - one or more will have the point of view you find palatable and won't "drag you down'. I think - you seem to be a bit like Joe Btfsplk.

Then we can agree to disagree.

Bud?

When I look at a guy like Cam Newton, all I'm thinking about is what an immense talent the guy is and how I wish he was a Buffalo Bill. I'm not thinking about his skin color. It's not even remotely in the realm of any thoughts I might have about the player or the man -- I just see an extremely talented guy. Not until, that is, a guy like Sullivan comes along and asks a bone-headed question like that. In my experience, the person who first interjects color/race into any conversation ... well, that person *is* the racist. He's probably a democrat.

So I stumbled across something interesting the other day. The Buffalo News sets a specific cookie in your browser when you visit a Bucky or Sully article. At first, I thought it was just because they have the Bucky and Sully section and it got set there. Not so. Any time you view an article that has been authored by either that cookie gets set or modified. Interesting to say the least.

If you hate them both as much as I do, I strongly encourage you to block this cookie. I have already tested it and it does not affect the function of the Buffalo News site. It is basically screwing with their analytics. I am sure they do something Javascript based as well, but that is another story.

If you use Chrome: Goto chrome://settings/contentExceptions#cookies then under hostname pattern add 'buckyandsully.buffalonews.com' then select 'block' under behavior, then click done.

Edited by Jobu

So I stumbled across something interesting the other day. The Buffalo News sets a specific cookie in your browser when you visit a Bucky or Sully article. At first, I thought it was just because they have the Bucky and Sully section and it got set there. Not so. Any time you view an article that has been authored by either that cookie gets set or modified. Interesting to say the least.

If you hate them both as much as I do, I strongly encourage you to block this cookie. I have already tested it and it does not affect the function of the Buffalo News site. It is basically screwing with their analytics. I am sure they do something Javascript based as well, but that is another story.

If you use Chrome: Goto chrome://settings/contentExceptions#cookies then under hostname pattern add 'buckyandsully.buffalonews.com' then select 'block' under behavior, then click done.

Cheers to you, Jobu!

So you're saying this method will allow people who hate to read Sully and Bucky to continue reading them without being detected?

So you're saying this method will allow people who hate to read Sully and Bucky to continue reading them without being detected?

No, I am saying if you want to screw with the metric that gauges their success, block the cookie.

Why is it so hard to understand that some people consume everything written about the bills regardless of how they feel about the author?

Never steal Jobu's rum... or touch his cookies.

Why is it so hard to understand that some people consume everything written about the bills regardless of how they feel about the author?

Not hard at all. What you describe is me. I was just wondering why people would want to hide the fact they are reading a certain writer's stuff.

The post in question said "if you hate them both as much as I do" and then went on to describe a method for continuing to read the hated writer's pieces without the website owner's knowledge. I find that odd, maybe childish, that's all.

Edited by WotAGuy

Not hard at all. What you describe is me. I was just wondering why people would want to hide the fact they are reading a certain writer's stuff.

The post in question said "if you hate them both as much as I do" and then went on to describe a method for continuing to read the hated writer's pieces without the website owner's knowledge. I find that odd, maybe childish, that's all.

Seeing as I find you odd, maybe even childish. I will take that as a compliment! :thumbsup:

Don't let Sully's jockstrap weigh you down!

Edited by Jobu

Less so as the News is "the only game in town," so it's something of a Hobson's Choice. But generally I agree with you.

It's interesting that someone who is paid to write opinions that elicit a response from readers is disliked so intensely for doing his job. Clearly, if the News didn't like his work, they would reassign him and hire someone to write more publicly-pleasing opinions.

Is that you Sully?