Spring football on it's way apparently

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO they will price themselves out of markets but maybe I do not understand football frenzy of some the college areas where they pay tremendous amounts for tickets. They are partially aiming for college football markets and will probably try to draft players from local college to increase ticket sales. From the schedule April - June with July for playoffs.

Alabama Airborne (Birmingham)
Arkansas Attack (Little Rock)
Florida Fusion (Orlando)
Northwest Empire (Eugene)
Oklahoma Nation (Oklahoma City)
Ohio Union (Arkon)
Texas Independence (San Antonio)

Utah Stand (Salt Lake City)

I find this list on a number of websites but not official one, I find that odd and to me a sign they may not have firmed they plans for the "first" eight yet.

I think they should add some other rules for player safety letting players know they will not tolerate play such as head shots and other plays where players attempt to deliberately injury other players and no tolerance for things like Suh Stomps. Many of these players are hoping for chance in NFL and this will increase their chance of recruiting them.

I'm always up for watching some football in those dead months of Spring. Hopefully, these guys can make it work.

But who in the hell is the American Sports Network??? I hope Directv carries it.

QB Casey Pachall (TCU) - any Bills fans remember having high hopes for him? Then he bombed out of school, got in some trouble.

Best of luck to them.

http://www.townbeef.com/

i've posted these guys in the past, but figured they should get an honorable mention in light of another startup.

not sure how they're doing lately - their website has an old 2014 preview still running - but believe me when i tell you that this no-pads tackle football league is the closest thing i've ever seen to a real Fight Club.

my son, and some of his HS teammates got involved years ago, and their team only lasted a season or two.. i was actually asked to coach at one point, but it's basically a 7 on 7 scramble drill that's meant to be dominated by the best athletes.. just run, throw, catch, and tackle. and you gotta love the purity of true mayhem. when i was in my 30's and 40's i had to settle for pickup flag and two hand touch games to feed the beast, but man, this would have been fun!. (until you have to hide your dislocated shoulders from your wife, because you're taking the fam to Disney World in a week :D )

Well the team has 2015 games listed and it is a spring league advertising for 2016 season "We are now preparing for our 11th season in 2016 and building teams in every state." so I guess they are still playing. It seems to be a NY/PA/NJ league although they claim looking in every state. I am sure the Alaska Huskies and Florida Keys will be a real rivalry.

Well the team has 2015 games listed and it is a spring league advertising for 2016 season "We are now preparing for our 11th season in 2016 and building teams in every state." so I guess they are still playing.

yeah, I was happy to see that proclamation, but the year old highlight film, and shaky web updates make me wonder how they're trending.. be a shame to see it go... Staten Island used to have a very well organized men's touch tackle league.. 8 on 8 with a ton of ex-local star players.. live blocking.. no pads.. and the 'touches' were like the center punch an O lineman jacks up a D lineman with. not sure if that's still going, either.

guess my point is, there's no shortage of men who will play the game - and will play it at whatever level they can.. I wouldn't be shocked if one day another Foolish Club caught on

Interesting. A minor league is good for the NFL. You can develop players, coaches, and referees. The players who are on practice squads can show off their skills. There will be an occasional Kurt Warner, or Fred Jackson. For that alone I think it's great.

I Probably would make it my commercial break when watching something else.

The MLB brings up players from the minor leagues all the time. I actually does hope it succeeds. there would be more developed talent pool for NFL teams to choose from with more game tape and a place to play for $$$ for the college guys who dont get a chance but could be good NFL material like Kurt Warner and Fjax. NFL needs a minor league they keep complaining bout college QBs not being ready for the pro-game cuz of the college style well heres the solution. If they survive a season financially the NFL might invest and then its all history. or it crashes and burns and takes the XFL route.

The MLB brings up players from the minor leagues all the time. I actually does hope it succeeds. there would be more developed talent pool for NFL teams to choose from with more game tape and a place to play for $$$ for the college guys who dont get a chance but could be good NFL material like Kurt Warner and Fjax. NFL needs a minor league they keep complaining bout college QBs not being ready for the pro-game cuz of the college style well heres the solution. If they survive a season financially the NFL might invest and then its all history. or it crashes and burns and takes the XFL route.

Where's the solution? The only QBs who anyone says are "not ready for the pro game" are the ones being drafted high every year(no one really cares about the rest). Those guys are no going to go to the "D-league"--to play against mediocre to crappy college grads?

If you want to develop a "diamond in the rough" QB then draft one every year or for next to nothing and see how he does in YOUR system.

Where's the solution? The only QBs who anyone says are "not ready for the pro game" are the ones being drafted high every year(no one really cares about the rest). Those guys are no going to go to the "D-league"--to play against mediocre to crappy college grads?

If you want to develop a "diamond in the rough" QB then draft one every year or for next to nothing and see how he does in YOUR system.

I believe a great QB went to a D-League to play against mediocre crappy college grads and walk ons in the mid-late 80s....then came to the NFL and led his team to 4 strait SuperBowls. granted he was drafted to the NFL...another QB got stuck in the CFL for years finally got his shot and went on a 2 year miracle run that put the Bills in the playoffs only for Rob johnson debacle to happen. Another player a RB #22 was stuck in arena football and NFL Europe for years finally got his shot in the NFL and was sometimes the only bright spot on a crappy team for years. who were those guys? You dont remember were they came from and who they played for huh? so yeah i think its a good idea. what does it do for you if it succeeds or not? nothing. so why the negativity brah. let it play out you never know a diamond in the rough unless you dig it out the dirt and wipe the crap off it. where the diamond comes from doesnt really matter as long as you find him. he could be the guy bagging ur groceries or working at a home depot. as Kurt Warner.

Edited by Marty McFly

I believe a great QB went to a D-League to play against mediocre crappy college grads and walk ons in the mid-late 80s....then came to the NFL and led his team to 4 strait SuperBowls. granted he was drafted to the NFL...another QB got stuck in the CFL for years finally got his shot and went on a 2 year miracle run that put the Bills in the playoffs only for Rob johnson debacle to happen. Another player a RB #22 was stuck in arena football and NFL Europe for years finally got his shot in the NFL and was sometimes the only bright spot on a crappy team for years. who were those guys? You dont remember were they came from and who they played for huh? so yeah i think its a good idea. what does it do for you if it succeeds or not? nothing. so why the negativity brah. let it play out you never know a diamond in the rough unless you dig it out the dirt and wipe the crap off it. where the diamond comes from doesnt really matter as long as you find him. he could be the guy bagging ur groceries or working at a home depot. as Kurt Warner.

It has played out...over and over...and failed ever to become what you imagine it will be. This really cannot be more clear. This type of pro football has come and gone for decades--tell us, where has it succeeded in this country at being a significant D-league for the NFL? It hasn't. And people in this country have demonstrated over and over that they have no interest in watching these leagues. Where have you been?

As for your example of Jim Kelly---you must be joking. Kelly was a first round pick, not some project. He went to the USFL only because he didn't want to play for the Bills. He tore up that league (which was far better stocked than this beer league that is currently forming).

It has played out...over and over...and failed ever to become what you imagine it will be. This really cannot be more clear. This type of pro football has come and gone for decades--tell us, where has it succeeded in this country at being a significant D-league for the NFL? It hasn't. And people in this country have demonstrated over and over that they have no interest in watching these leagues. Where have you been?

As for your example of Jim Kelly---you must be joking. Kelly was a first round pick, not some project. He went to the USFL only because he didn't want to play for the Bills. He tore up that league (which was far better stocked than this beer league that is currently forming).

I did say 'granted he was drafted to the NFL'. What about Fjax Flutie and Kurt Warner? 2 of those guys made it to the playoffs one of them went to 3 SuperBowls and won one. Ive been there for the D league failures. I dont wish failure on anyone I hope everyone succeeds as long as it doesnt hurt anyone else in the process. Theres more positives then negatives to that league succeeding. I guess thats just a difference in our thought process. How I think it will turn out means nothing to what I would like to happen to it.

Edited by Marty McFly