Spring football on it's way apparently

http://www.bradenton.com/sports/article68829092.html

Not officially folded yet. Just delayed.

According to NFL draft diamonds they have cancelled the season. It doesn't really matter though as they have zero chance of completing a season. I'd rather invest in volcano insurance than minor league football. Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to NFL draft diamonds they have cancelled the season. It doesn't really matter though as they have zero chance of completing a season. I'd rather invest in volcano insurance than minor league football.

Which is a shame because the NFL could really use a spring developmental league.

According to NFL draft diamonds they have cancelled the season. It doesn't really matter though as they have zero chance of completing a season. I'd rather invest in volcano insurance than minor league football.

@alexmarvez

Another developmental football league can't get going as @MLFBofficial has cancelled its inaugural season.

If there is any more proof necessary to demonstrate the NFL doesn't need a D league?

Want a D-league or need a D-league? Kurt Warner and Fred Jackson might have an opinion. I'm sure the NFL would love a D-league that they don't have to put a nickel into, like college football.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Want a D-league or need a D-league? Kurt Warner and Fred Jackson might have an opinion. I'm sure the NFL would love a D-league that they don't have to put a nickel into, like college football.

You are slowly catching on. They don't need and don't want. If either was true, the D league would exist right now. They are quite happy with the NCAA, because in the vast majority of cases, it works just fine. Warner and Fred made it to the NFL without a sponsored "D league".

This topic is so worn out, it's hard to imagine people keep digging it up.

You are slowly catching on. They don't need and don't want. If either was true, the D league would exist right now. They are quite happy with the NCAA, because in the vast majority of cases, it works just fine. Warner and Fred made it to the NFL without a sponsored "D league".

This topic is so worn out, it's hard to imagine people keep digging it up.

I thought Warner and Jackson played in NFLE?

I thought Warner and Jackson played in NFLE?

So what?

The NFL folded NFLE because it was hemorrhaging cash AND it was failing to do what you say it was intended to do--"develop" starters for the NFL.

NFL coaches weren't interested in allocating players there, preferring to develop them themselves.

So what?

The NFL folded NFLE because it was hemorrhaging cash AND it was failing to do what you say it was intended to do--"develop" starters for the NFL.

NFL coaches weren't interested in allocating players there, preferring to develop them themselves.

There were many other issues with NFL Europe:

1. Fans never embraced NFL Europe, either here or abroad.

2. Most of the eligible players don't know where Europe is, and instead reported to small cities across the U.S. with the same names. James Harrison famously took the bus to London Massachusetts to report for the Monarchs. He was not alone.

3. Culture shock. Much like Roscoe Parrish refusing to get off the plane because of snow on the ground, mayonnaise on fries and mimes alienated many players.

4. Difficulty in transitioning to European football rules proved too much for many players, especially not being able to use your hands.

5. The French.