UCLA
218: R6P43
ILB NICK KWIATKOSKI
WEST VIRGINIA

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a chance with treadwell in the first, but if the draft worked out like this I would be happy, used the composite draft board.

19: R1P19

WR LAQUON TREADWELL

OLE MISS

49: R2P18

OLB SU'A CRAVENS

USC

80: R3P17

S JEREMY CASH

DUKE

117: R4P19

OT LA'RAVEN CLARK

TEXAS TECH

139: R4P41

DE SHAWN OAKMAN

BAYLOR

156: R5P17

DT D.J. READER

CLEMSON

192: R6P17

ILB ANTONIO MORRISON

FLORIDA

CB MORGAN BURNS

KANSAS STATE

cbs

WR LAQUON TREADWELL
OLE MISS
DT AUSTIN JOHNSON
PENN STATE
OLB KYLER FACKRELL
UTAH STATE
ILB SCOOBY WRIGHT III
ARIZONA
DE BRONSON KAUFUSI
BRIGHAM YOUNG
DT D.J. READER
CLEMSON
G DENVER KIRKLAND
ARKANSAS
CB KEIVARAE RUSSELL
NOTRE DAME

Used the Fanspeak updated board....

19: R1P19 - OT JACK CONKLIN - MICHIGAN STATE
- This pick makes too much sense..both Conklin and Decker profile as solid power run scheme RTs and we have a big hole on that side of the line

49: R2P18 - DT CHRIS JONES -MISSISSIPPI STATE
- Size/measureable-wise has been compared to Mohammed Wilkerson. If he's half as good or half as versatile he'll be a good fit for Rex

80: R3P17 - OLB JORDAN JENKINS - GEORGIA

- Profiles size/measureable/experience wise to Manny Lawson. Could be Manny's understudy as edge setter and possibly could be slightly better pass rusher than Manny

99: R4P1 - QB DAK PRESCOTT - MISSISSIPPI STATE

- Was impressed watching him in the Senior Bowl where he got the ball out of his hands quickly/ decisively to the play makers. HIs footwork looked good to me and he is obviously very mobile. Not as big as Hackenberg or Jones.. but big enough at 6'2" and more importantly it seems like he processes the game faster than either of those two at this time. The DUI is a bummer .. but from all reports he has been a respected charismatic leader during his college career.

Watch below if you haven't seen him at the Senior Bowl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbn90kJDJwM

139: R4P41 - K ROBERTO AGUAYO - FLORIDA STATE
- We need a new kicker...we also need to clear some cap space...

156: R5P17 - CB JAMES BRADBERRY -SAMFORD

- Best CB with size available. Tried to get Cyrus Jones earlier but just missed out on him. This guy seems like a decent press corner who is big enough to moonlight at Safety too

192: R6P17 - ILB ANTONIO MORRISON - FLORIDA

- Apparently has a ton of off field issues and I'm not sure why we would have brought him in for a visit unless we were really interested. Assuming he interviewed well.. having the Bills take him here due to his pre draft visit

218: R6P43 - QB KEVIN HOGAN - STANFORD

- Why not... best case scenario he looks better than Prescott/EJ in camp and becomes backup. Worst case.. we stash a guy on the practice squad that is very familiar with the Roman offense

Edited by Bocephuz

cbs

WR LAQUON TREADWELL
OLE MISS
DT AUSTIN JOHNSON
PENN STATE
OLB KYLER FACKRELL
UTAH STATE
ILB SCOOBY WRIGHT III
ARIZONA
DE BRONSON KAUFUSI
BRIGHAM YOUNG
DT D.J. READER
CLEMSON
G DENVER KIRKLAND
ARKANSAS
CB KEIVARAE RUSSELL
NOTRE DAME

I don't think I've had a mock draft without DJ Reader in it for months.

Which means they likely won't get him. :thumbdown:

But my question is why do all the draft sites not like Bronson Kaufusi? I know it's a very good DL year but he's got measurables and intangibles and comes from a football passionate family. I'd love to get him in late round 4.

I don't think I've had a mock draft without DJ Reader in it for months.

Which means they likely won't get him. :thumbdown:

But my question is why do all the draft sites not like Bronson Kaufusi? I know it's a very good DL year but he's got measurables and intangibles and comes from a football passionate family. I'd love to get him in late round 4.

I also want Reader--I think he'll go in the 4th/5th range.

As to Kaufusi, I'm not a huge fan, as I think he's probably a day-3 guy; I've heard, however, that more than a few teams have him graded as a top-60 pick. I can't see that...he doesn't flash in the games I've watched, isn't remarkably twitchy or a high-impact pass rusher; he seems to get by on effort and tenacity alone.

I agree with you that I'd be okay with him in round 4 or later; I think he'll go earlier than that

Used the updated Fanspeak Board...

Tried to go every round with who I thought was the BPA (Not who was at the top of the FS board)...Ended up with no DB's...Not by design...But because I always liked another player better than the DB's available...I realize the chances of the Bills going 8 picks without Drafting a DB are slim to none...But anyway...

This may be the Mock I like best so far...And I've done a million...I feel like this Mock would give a massive boost to the Defense and add nice depth to the O-Line...Plus I get a plug and play slot WR and a developmental QB...If the Bills did this Draft weekend I'd take a vacation to celebrate...

DE KEVIN DODD
CLEMSON
DT CHRIS JONES
MISSISSIPPI STATE
OLB KYLER FACKRELL
UTAH STATE
QB CARDALE JONES
OHIO STATE
WR DANIEL BRAVERMAN
WESTERN MICHIGAN
C GRAHAM GLASGOW
MICHIGAN
OT WILLIE BEAVERS
WESTERN MICHIGAN
OLB TRAVIS FEENEY
WASHINGTON

I also want Reader--I think he'll go in the 4th/5th range.

As to Kaufusi, I'm not a huge fan, as I think he's probably a day-3 guy; I've heard, however, that more than a few teams have him graded as a top-60 pick. I can't see that...he doesn't flash in the games I've watched, isn't remarkably twitchy or a high-impact pass rusher; he seems to get by on effort and tenacity alone.

I agree with you that I'd be okay with him in round 4 or later; I think he'll go earlier than that

Yeah he really isn't a great fit in a 4-3 because he doesn't come off the edge and he is 25 years old so that probably plays into it.

Physical peak is generally considered to be 26 years old so being basically 4+ years older than a fellow draft eligible DL like A'Shawn Robinson has to mean something.

Jarran Reed is like 3 years older than Robinson as well and I think that should definitely be weighed in. Reed would have likely gone undrafted at age 20-21 but is now considered a first round pick despite being devoid of pass rush skill.

I think Kaufusi is a great fit in RR D.......not twitchy but he is big with a big wingspan and he is athletic enough to drop and make plays.

If they came away with Kaufusi and Reader and were still able to get potential impact players at more $ valuable positions early in the draft I'd be satisfied with that DL haul.

If they do go DL early I am all for that too but they can't be afraid to take more than two if they are the BPA later in the draft.

Yeah he really isn't a great fit in a 4-3 because he doesn't come off the edge and he is 25 years old so that probably plays into it.

Physical peak is generally considered to be 26 years old so being basically 4+ years older than a fellow draft eligible DL like A'Shawn Robinson has to mean something.

Jarran Reed is like 3 years older than Robinson as well and I think that should definitely be weighed in. Reed would have likely gone undrafted at age 20-21 but is now considered a first round pick despite being devoid of pass rush skill.

I think Kaufusi is a great fit in RR D.......not twitchy but he is big with a big wingspan and he is athletic enough to drop and make plays.

If they came away with Kaufusi and Reader and were still able to get potential impact players at more $ valuable positions early in the draft I'd be satisfied with that DL haul.

If they do go DL early I am all for that too but they can't be afraid to take more than two if they are the BPA later in the draft.

Any offensive tackles or guards you like?

Badol, I know you are not crazy about Reed and I am NOT trying to sell him to you, but I must say that imo he is a lot better than his numbers. I have not seen his 40 times at the combines but for a guy his size he is pretty quick. He is huge Badol, and at the college level disrupted many plays.

As far as Robinson, he and Reed are about the same size but imo Robinson is stronger, and possibly even suited for nose tackle. He isn't very fast but again, he is very strong.

As a DE in the Rex system, Reed is powerful enough to hold the edge. That said, I don't think Rex would want him because he might not be able to cover wide receivers. :)

Badol, I know you are not crazy about Reed and I am NOT trying to sell him to you, but I must say that imo he is a lot better than his numbers. I have not seen his 40 times at the combines but for a guy his size he is pretty quick. He is huge Badol, and at the college level disrupted many plays.

As far as Robinson, he and Reed are about the same size but imo Robinson is stronger, and possibly even suited for nose tackle. He isn't very fast but again, he is very strong.

As a DE in the Rex system, Reed is powerful enough to hold the edge. That said, I don't think Rex would want him because he might not be able to cover wide receivers. :)

Regarding speed, both Reed and Robinson tested slow in their runs. Forget 40 times, they're meaningless for DLmen; their 10-yard splits were among the slowest of the DLmen.

Comparatively:

Reed - 6'3", 307 lbs, 1.80 10s

Robinson - 6'4", 307 lbs, 1.84 10s

Now here's a look at a few similarly-sized guys:

Kenny Clark - 6'3", 314 lbs, 1.72 10s

Chris Jones - 6'5", 309 lbs, 1.70 10s

Both Reed and Robinson strike me as 2-gap, hold-the-fort types. Not that that's a bad thing; all it means is that their positional value needs to be taken into account.

Regarding speed, both Reed and Robinson tested slow in their runs. Forget 40 times, they're meaningless for DLmen; their 10-yard splits were among the slowest of the DLmen.

Comparatively:

Reed - 6'3", 307 lbs, 1.80 10s

Robinson - 6'4", 307 lbs, 1.84 10s

Now here's a look at a few similarly-sized guys:

Kenny Clark - 6'3", 314 lbs, 1.72 10s

Chris Jones - 6'5", 309 lbs, 1.70 10s

Both Reed and Robinson strike me as 2-gap, hold-the-fort types. Not that that's a bad thing; all it means is that their positional value needs to be taken into account.

I'm not opposed to either Reed or Robinson...I do like Robinson a bit more simply because I wonder if Reed is ever going to be a 3-down DT in the NFL...

But I do like other DT's in this Draft better...Especially for what the Bills need...I love Rankins...I think he's got a lot of Aaron Donald in him...I see Rankins as the potential monster the Bills desperately need to get pressure...I think he can play in any front, and if you put him in there next to Dareus on 3rd down look out!...All that being said I doubt Rankins falls to #19...

I also prefer Vernon Butler and Chris Jones...I just think they give you more flexibility, especially in 3-man fronts, and they are better athletes...I worry that Reed and Robinson, while being very good, are lower ceiling-types...While Jones especially, and Butler, have sky-high potential...

If Rankins is gone, I would take any of these DT's and be happy...They are all very good prospects in their own right...I just feel Butler and Jones have the potential to be very special...And had they played at Alabama, with the talent that Defense has, they would be lock Top 15 picks... B-)

tried newest nfl.com board

OLB LEONARD FLOYD
GEORGIA
OT LE'RAVEN CLARK
TEXAS TECH
DT AUSTIN JOHNSON
PENN ST.
DE JIHAD WARD
ILLINOIS
CB LESHAUN SIMS
SOUTHERN UTAH
WR MORITZ BOEHRINGER
ILB JOSH FORREST
KENTUCKY
DT D.J. READER
CLEMSON

Is fanspeak updated yet after the big trade-o-RAMa?

nah, just ran one to see. Liked the results, but I'll wait 'til it's updated

EDIT: Fanspeak now lists LA as the 1st overall selection, so I'm guessing it updated

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Updated for the trade, used the NFL.com board, and ignored guys I felt had no realistic chance to be there:

YOUR PICKS
1: R1P19
DT CHRIS JONES
MISSISSIPPI ST.
Super-talented down lineman that can play in any front
2: R2P18
DE KAMALEI CORREA
BOISE ST.
Athletic edge defender is a perfect fit for the Sam in Rex's D
3: R3P17
WR BRAXTON MILLER
OHIO ST.
Just scratching the surface of his potential as a WR
4: R4P19
OT KYLE MURPHY
STANFORD
Athletic lineman can dress as swing OT as a rookie and eventually develop into starting RT material
5: R4P41
QB CARDALE JONES
OHIO ST.
Developmental QB with significant upside as a passer
6: R5P17
DT D.J. READER
CLEMSON
True NT and a value pick; will team with Jones and Dareus to form a dominant 30 front
7: R6P17
S KEVIN BYARD
MIDDLE TENNESSEE ST.
Versatile safety option that could potentially play some snaps as a rookie
8: R6P43
OLB BENIQUEZ BROWN
MISSISSIPPI ST.
Athletic Will 'backer that is a PS candidate