Rams' owner Stan Kroenke

BobbyC81

It has been discussed ad nauseum on this board about the Pegulas owning both the Bills and Sabres so I found the current ownerships of Stan Kroenke interesting.

On top of owning the Rams, he owns the Denver Nuggets and Colorado Avalanche. So, despite what we had heard about an NFL owner can own a team in another sport in another city as long as there is no team in his city in that league, how was he allowed to own the Avs when St Louis has the Blues? There is no NBA team in St Louis so his owning the Nuggets would be fine.

Now that he's moving the Rams to Southern California, where there are 2 teams each in the LA area in the NBA, NHL & MLB, will he have to sell his shares in the Nuggets & Avs?

It has been discussed ad nauseum on this board about the Pegulas owning both the Bills and Sabres so I found the current ownerships of Stan Kroenke interesting.

On top of owning the Rams, he owns the Denver Nuggets and Colorado Avalanche. So, despite what we had heard about an NFL owner can own a team in another sport in another city as long as there is no team in his city in that league, how was he allowed to own the Avs when St Louis has the Blues? There is no NBA team in St Louis so his owning the Nuggets would be fine.

Now that he's moving the Rams to Southern California, where there are 2 teams each in the LA area in the NBA, NHL & MLB, will he have to sell his shares in the Nuggets & Avs?

Simple. He doesn't hold a majority stake in either of those two teams--and he transferred the Avalanche to his wife anyway.

Lot's of commercials make me sick too.

He only took over the rams majority stake in 2010 at which time he transferred control of the nugs and avs to his son. He just actually transferred control of those teams to his wife while he kept the rams. I'm sure he controls the teams he just doesn't in name.

He only took over the rams majority stake in 2010 at which time he transferred control of the nugs and avs to his son. He just actually transferred control of those teams to his wife while he kept the rams. I'm sure he controls the teams he just doesn't in name.

That's too easy of a loophole.