RIP Ted Marchibroda

YoloinOhio

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sad to hear this yesterday...

RIP Ted...

It's a shame that he wasn't in the Hall of Fame. He was outstanding in Buffalo and a pain in the neck when he coached in Indy. (I mean that with all the competitive respect I can muster). I was always disappointed by Buffalo's offense after he had departed.

Edited by dulles

This reminds me of the time Jimbo considered coming out of retirement, but only if he could play for Marchibroda in Baltimore.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1998-02-03/sports/1998034113_1_dan-kelly-jim-kelly-ravens

Dude, how did you find this blurb in 1998?

Regarding TM, he'll be missed and was a great coach for the BB.

Prayers to the family.

Dude, how did you find this blurb in 1998?

Regarding TM, he'll be missed and was a great coach for the BB.

Prayers to the family.

Actually, someone here posted it somewhat recently, I remembered it, and a quick Google search brought it up. I forget the context it came up in, but it was something like "Hey, remember when Jimbo almost came out of retirement to play for the Ravens?"

Ted was from my hometown here in Western Pennsyltucky; his brother was also a neighbor of mine for many years.

As great a football coach as he was, he was an even better man. The whole family is a collection of world-class, quality human beings.

Godspeed you Ted and thanks for everything. Look forward to sipping more of your beers on the other side.........

Interesting to hear Jim Kelly speak of Ted's philosophy being:

1) Keep it simple and never confuse anyone on the offense

2) Keep the playbook short and sweet with multiple looks stemming from a few core plays

Interesting timing as we come off a disappointing defensive season where the opposite seemed to be the case.

Too confusing, too much complexity in Ryan's "hybrid" system, too much going on.

Strip it down and let the athleticism on the field take over.

Sounds like Rex intends to do just that next season.