Johnny Manziel (update: waived by Browns)

Look at the link that 26 posted a few replies back then look at Manziel a few months back. That is a pretty dramatic change.

agreed. he looked fat to me. for his bone structure. Now he looks like a skater.

no question. major differences.

I lost 20lbs plus in less then a year.

I weighed 187. and now i weigh 160. I work out some and do enough cardio. I do not have fat on me.

My face is gaunt compared to a year ago but i am totally healthy.

let me change this up. If Manziel has stopped eating and has focused on drugs and such then it will not end well.

But is he physically morphing into what might be closer to his normal geeky kid self?

Without looking at him closely and speaking with him i could never judge his state of being. I am just countering the common perception honestly.

The book should not be closed on the kid because media has predicted it. that is kinda messed up.

With his ability, he'd have been a superstar if he had Flutie's work ethic. No trash like white trash.

cool.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

he is no longer about football whatsoever. should we continue to discuss his reverberations?

Similar to a toilet flushing ?

I cannot believe PFT continues to find mileage from viewers. Using John's sorrowful slide into the fiery pits of hell and certain damnation.

It's ugly and should be a cautionary story.

But this happens to others on a less grand scale. He would have been arrested many times by now if he had no more money

Really sad

Paul Manziel calls son Johnny a "druggie," says jail would be best option.

"If I have to bury him, I'll bury him."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/16487213/lawyer-former-cleveland-browns-quarterback-johnny-manziel-seeking-plea-deal-according-erroneously-sent-text-message

"You have no idea. And the system failed," he said. "I had him in rehab and he escaped and the doctors let him go and that is a whole other story. So, I mean I had him [in rehab] and the system failed. It didn't work. He has more money than me, so he can outrun me. Like I said there are two things that are going to happen: He's either going to die, or he's going to figure out that he needs help. It's one of the two. But we've done everything that we can do. Life goes on. You can't just chase somebody that's not willing to listen. The story is not going to change. It's the same."

Manziel's father feels the family has virtually exhausted all ways possible to help their son.

"We're so far past that," he said. "That was years ago. We're so far past what everybody thinks we are past. People are ignorant. It's just a horrible story. That's all there is to it."

Edited by YoloinOhio

Really sad

Paul Manziel calls son Johnny a "druggie," says jail would be best option.

"If I have to bury him, I'll bury him."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/16487213/lawyer-former-cleveland-browns-quarterback-johnny-manziel-seeking-plea-deal-according-erroneously-sent-text-message

ouch, you know you've got problems when your family gives up.

People do recover from addiction. My brother in law was an addict for over 20 years. He's been sober for the last five and now runs two addiction counseling centers. He's dedicated the rest of his life to helping people avoid making the same mistakes he did.

When he graduated from college he had it all. Several job offers, a handsome guy who had no trouble getting dates, etc. Then he was at an office party one night and tried some crack, and the slide began.

But he survived it and came out a stronger, wiser person.

Manziel's story is a fairly common one. All his family can do at this point is hope that when he hits bottom, he'll still be alive to start recovering. I never got the impression that Johnny was a stupid guy, so let's hope he'll wake up before it's too late.

ouch, you know you've got problems when your family gives up.

It's maybe not so much giving up, just giving in. You realize you have no control over them and you just do what you have to do, even if it's just to bury them. "Detach with love", as they say. Yes, it's horrible. But it can still turn take a turn for the better. I'll be hoping for that. I swear there's something to the whole frontal lobe/executive decision making thing around age 25. Hopefully Johnny lives long enough to see his brain fully develop. It hasn't been about football for a long time.

She's new to football, so I was patient. Wasn't easy.

Wife's Text: "Think the Bills should give Manziel a try?"
My Text: "Joking?"
Wife's Text: "No"
My Text: "I'm done with athletes who invent ways of getting into trouble."

Wife's Text Back: "Agreed. They should sign Roman Reigns. He used to play football."

My Text: .....

50-50 on whether or not she was joking.

Johnny Manziel news is funny. At least we won't be missing anything if he does kick the bucket.

"Go ahead reply with stupid holier then thou responses." As if I am the one making a rich spoiled adult ruin his life. Don't forget he doesn't give a **** if you die either.

Edited by Beef Jerky

His dad said the best place for his kid is jail. He is right. If he wants to keep him sober and out of trouble. Rehab would be better, but he can't keep him in. One of the more interesting parts of the article was where his dad said Johnny has more money than him. I feel like we were lead to believe his family was very wealthy and had crazy oil money going back generations. . That was an odd statement.

Edited by YoloinOhio