Pat's Chandler Jones allegedly OD'd on pills Saturday night.

FireChan

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Risk his career for an embarrassing incident?

To be fair, he probably figured that with just slight, hard to notice, editing no one would know and it's not like he was covering up a murder. I think he bent protocol, but know for a fact it happens in other cities too. Officers giving a pass to the home town team, or calling the teams babysitters to clean up isn't isolated to NE

Edited by NoSaint

To be fair, he probably figured that with just slight, hard to notice, editing no one would know and it's not like he was covering up a murder. I think he bent protocol, but know for a fact it happens in other cities too. Officers giving a pass to the home town team, or calling the teams babysitters to clean up isn't isolated to NE

I think that that's definitely possible. I think the way the narrative is presented sorta changes the connotations. They way PTR said it, it sounded like a Law and Order episode.

I think that that's definitely possible. I think the way the narrative is presented sorta changes the connotations. They way PTR said it, it sounded like a Law and Order episode.

It's promo talking about the pats.... Of course it's going to sound dramatic. And who knows- it could be the tip of the iceberg... But police have plenty of conflicts of interest and side gigs and relationships and interests that can skew how they handle things.

If a guy dropped a 911 call off the record for a non-offense that would cause a lot of embarrassment, it's still a violation of protocol which is a slippery slope, but it doesn't equate 1:1 as proof of some nefarious scheme in place

Except in this case the Foxboro chief of police is the Patriots head of security.

It's promo talking about the pats.... Of course it's going to sound dramatic. And who knows- it could be the tip of the iceberg... But police have plenty of conflicts of interest and side gigs and relationships and interests that can skew how they handle things.

If a guy dropped a 911 call off the record for a non-offense that would cause a lot of embarrassment, it's still a violation of protocol which is a slippery slope, but it doesn't equate 1:1 as proof of some nefarious scheme in place

What if you were facing the Patriots in the playoffs and something like this would result in a game suspension for a Pats player, except the local cops covered it up? Still feel the same?

Except in this case the Foxboro chief of police is the Patriots head of security.

What if you were facing the Patriots in the playoffs and something like this would result in a game suspension for a Pats player, except the local cops covered it up? Still feel the same?

Id have the same commentary.