Pat's Chandler Jones allegedly OD'd on pills Saturday night.

FireChan

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn shame there was no fall guy in place for Jones. :rolleyes:

Cris Carter thinks Chandler Jones was smoking 'marijuana laced with PCP'

Why aren't Carter's remarks slanderous? I'd seek to press the issue legally, although I understand the Patriots' desire not to keep the story in the public eye. Regardless, Chris Carte proves again what an a-hole he really is.

GO BILLS!!!

Why aren't Carter's remarks slanderous? I'd seek to press the issue legally, although I understand the Patriots' desire not to keep the story in the public eye. Regardless, Chris Carte proves again what an a-hole he really is.

GO BILLS!!!

Wouldn't you need to prove the statements to be untrue to prove slander?

Wouldn't you need to prove the statements to be untrue to prove slander?

Defamation is difficult to prove, no doubt, but I'm not sure the onus is on Chandler to provide proof of NOT using PCP if he didn't. The old how to prove a negative concept. Carter flat out accused Chandler of using a schedule 2 controlled substance. Perhaps the bigger challenge for Chandler would be to show how he was harmed by the remarks? I leave it for the legal scholars, but that is one heck of an accusation by Carter.

Is PCP a thing ?

I've never seen or heard of anyone using it.

it was. and its nasty. that was my early call in the thread. Horse tranquilizer. When i was a kid it was sold in powder form as an intense form of THC. Which is the active ingredient in Mary Jane. It was not popular or readily available, so it was in vogue for awhile

Had a very bad experience from snorting it back in the early 70s. we got a very strong batch and no one knew it was actually for taking down large animals . I was scared for my life. Never forget that night

The Hernandez event was how i knew it was back.

Horrible nasty cheap garbage drug.

Carter is probably right

A-Aron Hernandez

yep.

Edited by 3rdand12

Really? Risk his career for an embarrassing incident?

He probably gets paid more as Patriots head of security than he does as Foxboro Chief of Police. So he's risking the lower-paid career for the more renumerative one.

What if you were facing the Patriots in the playoffs and something like this would result in a game suspension for a Pats player, except the local cops covered it up? Still feel the same?

Except the league normally seems to take up to a year to get around to handing out discipline such as suspensions for policy violations. Dareus was arrested for possession of Spice in May 2014 and his suspension was for Sept 2015. Really far-fetched scenario where a guy gets suspended a week later.

Edited by Hopeful

So since it's "conduct" relating to drug policy, that means that Jones will be suspended as well, right? And as far as we know, Dareus wasn't under the influence of spice.

One more time....Dareus was arrested on a drug charge.

If Jones is arrested or tests positive for a banned substance, of course he will be suspended. Why are you still pretending this mysterious? Oh yeah, because you insisted to everyone that Dareus would not be suspended.

One more time....Dareus was arrested on a drug charge.

If Jones is arrested or tests positive for a banned substance, of course he will be suspended. Why are you still pretending this mysterious? Oh yeah, because you insisted to everyone that Dareus would not be suspended.

He shouldn't have been suspended. Spice isn't banned by the NFL and he got the (incredibly stupid) felony charge expunged. But that's why Rog's PCP is considered a joke.

As for Chandler, if he weren't a Cheater, you'd be calling for him to be suspended just for being stupid enough to smoke it. But Rog can definitely suspend him for conduct if he wanted.

He shouldn't have been suspended. Spice isn't banned by the NFL and he got the (incredibly stupid) felony charge expunged. But that's why Rog's PCP is considered a joke.

As for Chandler, if he weren't a Cheater, you'd be calling for him to be suspended just for being stupid enough to smoke it. But Rog can definitely suspend him for conduct if he wanted to

We've been over this. The arrest on drug charges was why he was suspended. You still pretend not to know this.

Goodall may yet suspend Jones.

And it's not "Rog's PCP"...

Edited by Mr. WEO

We've been over this. The arrest on drug charges was why he was suspended. You still pretend not to know this.

Goodall may yet suspend Jones.

So if the Foxboro Police Chief/Cheats* Head of Security decides to not charge him (perhaps that's what the "redacting" was about) then he gets off? That sounds real fair.....