Rob Ryan joining Bills staff

FluffHead

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to officially announce that I am happy with the Ryan brothers running our defense.

I believe Rex will fix it, and Rob is here to help out and soak up some credit so he can resume his career as a DC. But it's going to be Rex's D.

Red did not forget how to coach D suddenly.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Well maybe you should follow the conversation or start your own.

:lol:

I would like to officially announce that I am happy with the Ryan brothers running our defense.

I believe Rex will fix it, and Rob is here to help out and soak up some credit so he can resume his career as a DC. But it's going to be Rex's D.

Red did not forget how to coach D suddenly.

We will learn so much once personnel moves begin.

Still not getting people defending Rob Ryan. I used to laugh watching him on the sidelines while his defenses got destroyed. He looked like he had no clue what he is doing. Now many are happy he's here coaching?

Yep. If the Bills do something I don't like, the only thing I can "do about it" is divest from the team in every way. That's not happening. So I change my perspective. Why fight it? Why get yourself and others worked up about it? If it fails miserably, oh well, moving on. My paycheck won't change, my personal health won't be immediately affected and the choice to spend time watching games every Sunday is mine and mine alone. What you call "defend" some of us call "support." I'm not compelled to "defend" anything the organization does. They are not paying me to do so.

Edited by The Big Cat

Yep. If the Bills do something I don't like, the only thing I can "do about it" is divest from the team in every way. That's not happening. So I change my perspective. Why fight it? Why get yourself and others worked up about it? If it fails miserably, oh well, moving on. My paycheck won't change, my personal health won't be immediately affected and the choice to spend time watching games every Sunday is mine and mine alone. What you call "defend" some of us call "support." I'm not compelled to "defend" anything the organization does. They are not paying me to do so.

I'm not worked up. I think it's a bad move and disagree with others who say it is a good move. Sorry your paycheck won't change and the Bills are not paying you to defend their moves.....

This is cathartic. I'm happy for you.

Well said!!!! Still Rex and Fat Rex irk the sh*t out of me.

He's not AS bad as he is being stated as. I don't think hes a good play caller, but i dont think he gets that job here anyway. He probably knows a thing or two, and hopefully 2 heads are better than 1 in game planning.

I do also think he's better than given credit for if he was able to flip around the cowboys in year 1, and saints in year 1.

Beyond what he perceives as the Bills' biggest draft need, Polian discusses the additions of Rob Ryan and Ed Reed to Rex's staff in this video clip.

@mikerodak

Bill Polian believes the Bills’ secondary is their biggest need in the draft: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14576737

Polian also has a lot to say about a team he wanted nothing to do with. Out of respect for his prior accomplishments I will hold my tongue regarding his recent opinions.

I'm not worked up. I think it's a bad move and disagree with others who say it is a good move. Sorry your paycheck won't change and the Bills are not paying you to defend their moves.....

And as I've said over and over these past couple weeks: certainty is foolhardy. Nobody knows if it's a good move, but some people like aspects of it and dislike others. Why do we have divide ourselves?

Polian also has a lot to say about a team he wanted nothing to do with. Out of respect for his prior accomplishments I will hold my tongue regarding his recent opinions.

Nicely put. I don't know who's insistent upon soliciting his input, whether it's him, or whether it's ESPN, or whether it's both, but he's treated as SME, whose expertise, at this point, is being leveraged entirely for entertainment. So. You know. That.

Here's my take on this: Rex wanted to replace Thurman but he's not going to change his defensive system, which is the core of his identity as an NFL coach. So the new guy has to totally understand and buy into his system. I saw Petine and Rob Ryan as the two most likely candidates, but Rob is his brother and I think there is some tension between Rex and Pettine after Pettine left NY and took a bunch of assistants with him. So Rob Ryan is the guy. The alternative would have been to keep Thurman and I'm willing to give Rob Ryan a shot over than honestly.

@mikerodak

Bill Polian believes the Bills secondary is their biggest need in the draft: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14576737

It depends on what happens prior to the draft. If the Bills re-sign McKelvin to a reduced deal and believe that Aaron Williams will be back then I don't think that secondary is the biggest thing. I would still be looking for a LB, OL or WR in the first round. Edited by vincec