The Bills would of won today. :(

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HamSandwhich, on 10 Jan 2016 - 06:40 AM, said:

"Not sure why you are trying to diminish that last win. The Jets were fresh off a big win over the Pats and were about to enter the playoffs after they beats. No-so-fast, with a depleted injury riddled team, we beat them convincingly (not by the score, but by the fact that I felt we had that game in control the whole way). It was a big win. "

First of all the Bills needed a better record than 8-8 and they simply didn't have that. It would have meant at least three more regular season wins to get into the playoffs.

I say this mostly because Rex Ryan was facing the team that fired him and he looked to have his team particularly well prepared and disciplined to beat the Jets, unlike most other games this year. Perhaps because he himself stated it like he was getting back at an old flame he loved that dumped him. Revenge can be sweet.

Then, the Bills were facing an ex-Buffalo Bills head coach in Chan Gailey who's game planning, play calling MO was not lost on the NY Jets HC. Rex Ryan's Jets swept the Bills in 2010, Rex Ryan's Jets swept the Bills in Gailey's second year in 2011! Then Gailey's Bills went 1-1 in his third year in 2012. So in his three years as Bills HC Chan Gailey was 1-5 against Rex Ryan's NY Jets from 2010-2012.

To top that off, In that loss this year to Ryan's Bills, Chan Gailey did exactly what lost him so many games as the Bills HC in that he was the one calling the offensive plays. He would force his QB to carry the game by passing more than throwing the ball and in this case, the Jets ran the ball only 17 times vs having Fitzpasspick throwing it 37 times. Sure enough and true to his past history, Fitz threw three picks with the game on the line.

Plus, the Bills were actually able to get pressure on the QB in this game which was unusual compared to the other 13 of 16 games.

Edited by Nihilarian

HamSandwhich, on 10 Jan 2016 - 06:40 AM, said:

"Not sure why you are trying to diminish that last win. The Jets were fresh off a big win over the Pats and were about to enter the playoffs after they beats. No-so-fast, with a depleted injury riddled team, we beat them convincingly (not by the score, but by the fact that I felt we had that game in control the whole way). It was a big win. "

First of all the Bills needed a better record than 8-8 and they simply didn't have that. It would have meant at least three more regular season wins to get into the playoffs.

I say this mostly because Rex Ryan was facing the team that fired him and he looked to have his team particularly well prepared and disciplined to beat the Jets, unlike most other games this year. Perhaps because he himself stated it like he was getting back at an old flame he loved that dumped him. Revenge can be sweet.

Then, the Bills were facing an ex-Buffalo Bills head coach in Chan Gailey who's game planning, play calling MO was not lost on the NY Jets HC. Rex Ryan's Jets swept the Bills in 2010, Rex Ryan's Jets swept the Bills in Gailey's second year in 2011! Then Gailey's Bills went 1-1 in his third year in 2012. So in his three years as Bills HC Chan Gailey was 1-5 against Rex Ryan's NY Jets from 2010-2012.

To top that off, In that loss this year to Ryan's Bills, Chan Gailey did exactly what lost him so many games as the Bills HC in that he was the one calling the offensive plays. He would force his QB to carry the game by passing more than throwing the ball and in this case, the Jets ran the ball only 17 times vs having Fitzpasspick throwing it 37 times. Sure enough and true to his past history, Fitz threw three picks with the game on the line.

Plus, the Bills were actually able to get pressure on the QB in this game which was unusual compared to the other 13 of 16 games.

Anything to discredit a great win with a very depleted team. I think we had about 11 starters out for the game? Give credit where credit is due. You're going to great lengths to discredit this last win. The mental gymnastics are impressive but it doesn't change the fact that it was a great win.

Would of, should of, could of.....Look at the facts we of a suspect defense, we of a coach who was often out coached this year, we'f a losing record against nearly every playoff team we faced this year aside from the Texans. We of a chance in every game but I don't know how you can say we definitely would of won last night.

Anything to discredit a great win with a very depleted team. I think we had about 11 starters out for the game? Give credit where credit is due. You're going to great lengths to discredit this last win. The mental gymnastics are impressive but it doesn't change the fact that it was a great win.

A great win isn't the discussion at hand. It's whether or not this years team could have beaten one of the playoff teams and its a no in my view.

That end of the season game might have been a "great game" with more importance to it had it not been a meanless win for the Bills, as their season ended in Washington two weeks earlier.

A great win isn't the discussion at hand. It's whether or not this years team could have beaten one of the playoff teams and its a no in my view.

That end of the season game might have been a "great game" with more importance to it had it not been a meanless win for the Bills, as their season ended in Washington two weeks earlier.

If your argument is that we were playing in a meaningless game because we weren't in a position to win the playoffs, then say that. The game on it's own merit was a great game but you wanted to diminish the significance of a team rising to the occasion even though they had nothing to play for and the other team had everything to play for.

Would of, should of, could of.....Look at the facts we of a suspect defense, we of a coach who was often out coached this year, we'f a losing record against nearly every playoff team we faced this year aside from the Texans. We of a chance in every game but I don't know how you can say we definitely would of won last night.

well played

i especially enjoyed the contraction

You beat me to would of, could of, should of. Nice job. We'f, ROTFLMFAO!! :w00t:

In no way can a win after a team is eliminated from playoff consideration be considered a great win. A good effort, perhaps, a satisfying win, if you dig being a spoiler, but a great win? Simply not the case.

8-8 so irrelevant. They sucked enough over the regular season to insure that they could not possibly win today.

"Bills would have won today" is !@#$ing horseshit.

Maybe you were too drunk to remember that Buffalo already had beaten the Texans or that Cinny chokes in the playoffs. Maybe if you watched ALL the gams sober you might have a clue.

Edited by bisonbrigade