Gase is new Dolphins coach

This reminds me of the Detroit lions hiring Steve Mariucci to properly develop #1 pick overall QB Joey Harrington. Then Lions head coach Marty Mornhinweg along with Maurice Carthon as OC got their hands on the rookie first and ruined him. 577 passing attempts vs 358 rushing attempts on a bad Lions team devoid of top talent.

That name Mornhinweg sound familiar? He was the guy Rex Ryan brought in to run his offense in NY 2013-2014, and now you know why Geno Smith went from bad to worse. He was also Andy Reid's OC in Philly a lot of years but he had Reid running that Eagle offense.

Anyway, I think the Dolphins would have had better success in hiring someone like Tom Coughlin and then let him hire an OC that would help further develop the Talleywhacker. This way a top DC gets hired too.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much better can Tannehill be after four seasons? Are they expecting a similar improvement to what Cutler showed this season?

Just over a year ago, Jay Cutler was benched for Jimmy Clausen. This year, offensive coordinator Adam Gase turned Cutler into a top-10 quarterback.

"Gase will take over play-calling duties on offense in addition to having final say on the 53-man roster".

Man, the Dolphins will never learn. Final say on 53 man roster (from youngest head coach in NFL), what are they thinking??????

I think there's a problem when teams hire a head coach to "fix" someone even if it is the QB. He's the head coach. He's going to have a lot on his plate and it's not the same dynamic as being the offensive coordinator. It's a lot more important, imo, if the guy is the right guy t be a head coach and then who he brings in as coordinator

As I assume you are unaware of the Dolphins history, almost every year the Dolphins hire that one special player/coach that will, guaranteed, lead them to the Superbowl.

Not so much.

Ok so I wonder what happens with Dan Campbell. Word is he was extremely pissed he didn't get the job after being told he was a finalist. (Not saying he deserved it). If he isn't retained by Gase, I wonder if Rex hires him in some capacity as he said he tried to hire him when he was coaching Jets. Seems like the type of hire Rex would make, Campbell would want revenge on team that passed him over and go to division rival.

Edit: He was also Clay's position coach in Miami, could be even more reason to bring him over

Edited by YoloinOhio

Imagine the funny headlines after this.

If an open practice isn't going well and he has to correct what his QB is doing:

Talleywhacker exposed in public by Gase.

If things work out and the coach wants to make the QB the face of the team as the team travels to a game in Europe:

Gase to flaunt Talleywhacker at Buckingham Palace.

If the QB gets hurt by a shot to the head and the coach doubts him and tries to motivate him to get back in the game:

Talleywhacker goes limp, but stiffened up by Gase.

If Jordan Cameron is unmotivated and the QB wants to prove his leadership to a perturbed coach:

Gase excited watching Talleywhacker flog tight end.

If the QB doesn't like him:

Talleywhacker rubbed the wrong way by Gase.

Edited by 4merper4mer