Adam Schefter Confidence Meter

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, here is my response. No, if he doesn't get hired there is nothing to admit. But, if he does get a job and seems to really stink at it I will personally start a post where I'll admit I was wrong and let myself get ganged up on again, which doesn't bother me. The only way to answer this is for him to get a job first. The Schefter is pure BS hearsay. Nobody has really proved at all the point of the OP which, on the face of it, is just plain bizarre to me. It's a non issue as to whether he gets hired or not,

Now, if he does get a job and succeeds will you admit you were wrong about him?

Let me add this. I thought the Ryan hire was a disaster waiting to happen and posted this right after the hire. The Pegulas were clearly bamboozled. Donald Trump has proven beyond any doubt that you can be stupid and also be rich. Now this is a it hyperbolc in reference to the Pegulas as I'm pretty sure that, unlike Trump, the Pegulas weren't born with silver spoons in their mouths. But the hiring of Ryan shows they have a big learning curve regarding how to be good owners. I just hope they've learned something from this debacle.

Also, despite hating the hire, I would gladly have eaten my words with gusto if Rex led the team to the playoffs. I'm a Bills fan, period and, since he will be the coach next year, I will root for him to succeed.

Anyway, on to the IMAX to see "The Revenant". Happy New Year to all. I'm sure I'll have some zingers to read when I get back.

Grow up

that's your freebie. Saying a person is stupid doesn't make a political statement, but you just turned it into one. Politics are only discussed in the PPP forum. Go there if you can get past the stench of decaying flesh.

Regarding your Marrone crusade...that is against the boards TOS. Feel free to give them a read. If that's all you are ever going to talk about I recommend you go someplace else.

no one at 62 or 3 years of age says

LOL

like ever.

54 you still can though.

gather yourself man.

i hope he was referencing Trump :sick:

and he was. not a shot at our beloved. :nana:

that makes two of us.

I even would add Whaley.

But next year i am going to be vewwy vewwy cwitical of them !

If you believe this you clearly know nothing about social media, or anything else for that matter. Good luck with th rest of your year in middle school.

This post makes no sense. It sounds like that for you and the OP your hatred for Marrone blinds you to what is , essentially, an actuarial fact...Marrone is widely seen as a top candidate. It has nothing to do with Adam Schefter and who has what agent. Schefter, who I tend to like, does not create interest in one candidate or another. He's not that powerful. He just reports it. I don't know if Marrone gets another HC job or not. But the interest in him is actual and valid.

Errrnnt!

Okay, so you think that Marrone is getting interviews purely because a couple of tweets, instead of GM's and owners doing their due diligence? Seems to be less likely to me. What about all the terrible HC candidates that get interviewed? What conspiracy explanation do we have for them?

Where has Marrone had a confirmed interview, not just one where he is rumored to be on the short list?

that's your freebie. Saying a person is stupid doesn't make a political statement, but you just turned it into one. Politics are only discussed in the PPP forum. Go there if you can get past the stench of decaying flesh.

Regarding your Marrone crusade...that is against the boards TOS. Feel free to give them a read. If that's all you are ever going to talk about I recommend you go someplace else.

Hey! I represent that remark. :unsure:

It's gotta be Hogboy or gatorgal. The stream of consciousness is so similar.

FWIW:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13978933/how-doug-marrone-went-buffalo-bills-coach-jacksonville-jaguars-offensive-line-coach

Ex-NFL execs Charley Casserly and Ron Wolf, who advised Jets owner Woody Johnson on the coaching search, deny that the reports had any impact. (Johnson didn't reply to interview requests through the Jets.) "Woody picked the guy who was the best coach for the Jets, who, personally, I thought was the best coach for the Jets," Casserly said. "I think Todd [bowles] is a great hire. A tremendous hire.

"That said, I think Doug deserves to be a head coach in the NFL, and I'd hire him in a minute."

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

Wow. Hummus

"Marrone chats for hours, so relaxed that he occasionally talks with his mouth full of hummus and chips. He gives off the vibe of a man comfortable and at peace

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Thank you

This post makes no sense. It sounds like that for you and the OP your hatred for Marrone blinds you to what is , essentially, an actuarial fact...Marrone is widely seen as a top candidate. It has nothing to do with Adam Schefter and who has what agent. Schefter, who I tend to like, does not create interest in one candidate or another. He's not that powerful. He just reports it. I don't know if Marrone gets another HC job or not. But the interest in him is actual and valid.

Really?! I disagree. But I think it is fair to say that you shouldn't say this post is wrong. IMO I totally agree with the original post. You totally don't. I will bend a little and say the truth may lie somewhere in the middle.

Marrone's ego, report from the Bills organization (because you know the owners talk to one another), the reports about him from the players (because you know the players talk to one another), and the s*** job he did with the Jacksonville OL this year will keep him from getting another HC gig this quickly if he does ever. About Schefter? Of course he's doing what he and Marrone's agent tells him to do. He's like sports paparazzi now more than anything credible.

Agreed! Can't stand anything Schefter says anymore. It seems to be just propaganda.

I don't understand the media and Schefter getting blamed for orgnizations intervieweing Marrone. He is getting interviews. He did last year and again this year. No one is saying or has said Marrone is getting a job.

Yes, but the all powerful Schefter has stated 3 or 4 times he is in the Top 3 of HC candidates....the point is - I don't buy it. Marrone is as much of a hot commodity as Vontez Burfict right now.