You won't believe- The Bills are THE ONLY TEAM IN THE AFC...

....to have to play 3 games in a row and 5 of 6 ON THE ROAD.

We never even got 3 in a row at home.

Here's the grind.

Thu Nov 12
W 22 - 17 at NYJ
RECAP
Mon Nov 23
L 20 - 13 at NE
RECAP
Sun Nov 29
L 30 - 22 at KC
RECAP
Sun Dec 6
W 30 - 21 HOU
RECAP
Sun Dec 13
L 23 - 20 at PHI
RECAP
Sun Dec 20
L 35 - 25 at WAS
RECAP

Miami also played 3 in a row on the road but only 4 of 5 on the road total.

NY or NE never played more than 2 in a row on the road.

Even Tennessee who played 4 games in a row AT HOME, never had a stretch of more than 3 of 4 on the road.

Can you imagine if the Dallas home game was placed in between the Eagles and Skins and the Houston home game was played before KC. We lost 4 of those five pivotal games heading down the stretch and I think the schedule contributed to the wear and tear on the players and injuries.

Being on the road that long also drains on your mental state. With all of the other problems we had, I think having this kind of schedule also weighed the team down during a crucial stretch.

We are the ONLY TEAM in the AFC with this grind and may be the ONLY TEAM in the NFL.

I have to check NFC schedules.

I believe a rule needs to be added to the scheduling committee to make scheduling more fair to all teams. The rule should state that no team may be on the road or at home for more than 2 weeks in a row. This would level the field and not create unfair scheduling practices.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All i know is that if we play more than one team next year coming off their bye I'll lose it

Man, you aren't kidding. I'm so sick of this crap year after year.

Nothing new the League always screws us with the schedule. They always say it was NECESSARY to make the schedule work and compromises need to be made. Funny thing is, the leagues elite NEVER have these things happen. Only change next year will be the Bills play 9 road games to make schedule work. :sick:

....to have to play 3 games in a row and 5 of 6 ON THE ROAD.

We never even got 3 in a row at home.

Here's the grind.

Thu Nov 12
W 22 - 17 at NYJ

RECAP

Mon Nov 23
L 20 - 13 at NE

RECAP

Sun Nov 29
L 30 - 22 at KC

RECAP

Sun Dec 6
W 30 - 21 HOU

RECAP

Sun Dec 13
L 23 - 20 at PHI

RECAP

Sun Dec 20
L 35 - 25 at WAS

RECAP

Miami also played 3 in a row on the road but only 4 of 5 on the road total.

NY or NE never played more than 2 in a row on the road.

Even Tennessee who played 4 games in a row AT HOME, never had a stretch of more than 3 of 4 on the road.

Can you imagine if the Dallas home game was placed in between the Eagles and Skins and the Houston home game was played before KC. We lost 4 of those five pivotal games heading down the stretch and I think the schedule contributed to the wear and tear on the players and injuries.

Being on the road that long also drains on your mental state. With all of the other problems we had, I think having this kind of schedule also weighed the team down during a crucial stretch.

We are the ONLY TEAM in the AFC with this grind and may be the ONLY TEAM in the NFL.

I have to check NFC schedules.

I believe a rule needs to be added to the scheduling committee to make scheduling more fair to all teams. The rule should state that no team may be on the road or at home for more than 2 weeks in a row. This would level the field and not create unfair scheduling practices.

Yes but a good team wins regardless

Nothing new the League always screws us with the schedule. They always say it was NECESSARY to make the schedule work and compromises need to be made. Funny thing is, the leagues elite NEVER have these things happen. Only change next year will be the Bills play 9 road games to make schedule work. :sick:

Issue is partly multi-use stadiums in other cities which are not available some weeks so the NFL accommodates teams resulting in Bills getting poor end of stick. In any scheduling algorithm when one resource is more available than others that resource gets oddly distributed.

The poor coaching attributed to our poor season not the schedule.

I think it's a combination. Being on the road that long and not having your home fans boost you up is disheartening. You also don't have the same advantages of home practice and getting into a routine, seeing your family, conditioning, etc... Plus home filed usually guarantees a few less officiating calls go against you.

Bad coaching adds to it, but all of these things together add up. And over the course of six weeks it makes a difference. A little more focus and energy and we beat the Eagles and Kansas City.

Coaching losses go to Jacksonville (EJ included) and the NY Giants, possibly second NE game.

Losing to a better team, Cincy, NE. I honestly think this was an 10-12 win team that could have hung with the top teams in the AFC. Rex screwed up the defense, but despite him we had the talent to win.

I'm not one to make excuses for the Bills, and this isn't an excuse for why we didnt make the playoffs, but 5 of 6 in a stretch on the road.....just a little ridiculous and should be looked at by the competition committee.

Exactly, no other team in the conference had to endure a road stretch like this. Only 10 teams in the league had winning road records and none of them had more that 2 in a row on the road.

I think with a balanced schedule the Bills win 2-3 more games, even with the bad coaching. If we were in playoff consideration weeks 12-14 and had balanced home games, the Ralph would have been rocking.

I don't get wound up about the scheduling, every year there are quirks and a few teams gets slighted, sometimes badly.

Lets just be happy that we're done with the self-imposed Toronto game.

Not completely relevant, but this thread reminded me of a great quote:

1992 - Pat Williams, Orlando Magic general manager, on his team's 7-27 record: "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play."

The poor coaching attributed to our poor season not the schedule.

I can accept the coaching as a reason but only an idiot would ignore strength of schedule and 5 of 6 on the road as a possible factor.. as well as major injuries to over 1/3 of the starters on the team.

Strength of schedule is a losers lament. The schedule always looks tough for bad teams, not so much for good teams. We need to get on the right side of that coin and overcome the schedule, officiating, injuries and other things we can't control. Thats what good teams do.

Strength of schedule is a losers lament. The schedule always looks tough for bad teams, not so much for good teams. We need to get on the right side of that coin and overcome the schedule, officiating, injuries and other things we can't control. Thats what good teams do.

You are right about overcoming, but this years playoff teams, the good teams all had many favorable variables that give them an extra push.

For the Bills, playing more teams after they have a bye week, playing 5 of 6 on the road, having a tougher strength of schedule all contribute to the grind of a 16 week season and to injuries, fatigue, loss of mental focus. Granted good teams should overcome all these obstacles, but there needs to be a system in place to create more balance so the competitive scales are not so one sided.