Pegula gives Whaley,Ryan 1 year to fix Bills? (BN retracts!)

YoloinOhio

Why do we trust the media?

To give one of the more recent examples of media fallibility, PFT recently reported "Chuck Pagano undoubtedly will be fired" if Indy fails to make the playoffs. If fact, his contract was extended. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/20/whats-next-for-chuck-pagano/)

This is the trend in the media covering the NFL. Reporters run wild with speculation and unsubstantiated reports from poorly placed sources.

DW is going to be fired, EJ's going to be cut, the Pegulas issue an ultimatum.... why do we listen to this crap?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are just incredible leaks in the organization if this scenario is exactly correct. Only four (if Kim and Terry both present) people were a part of the conversation.

That aside, there really is no realistic alternative here. Rex backed himself into this corner with all of his hype last offseason. Whaley put himself in this spot by leaving little room to sign anyone this upcoming season. The reality for both of them is there needs to be addition by subtraction in players released and a very, very solid draft.

Everything can change from one season to the next but winning the division to get into the playoffs remains a long shot with Bellicheat and his sidekick quarterback still owning the Bills. Miami is probably a mess next year and while the Jets may not improve greatly there is no obvious reason to assume they will regress. The point is that there is no reason to believe the Bills easily make the playoffs next year.

Regarding leaks the one constant over time is......

Russ Brandon

I like it. The talent is there. Coach it to the playoffs or GTFO, Rex.

Yep!!

So our Vic suspicions appear valid.

It's a ludicrous ultimatum anyways.

The goal isn't to 'make the playoffs.' And, quite frankly, I cringe every time some one in the organization says it.

The goal is to win championships.

So, if Vic's report is to be believed, they grab a wildcard in 2016, lose in the first round, but everyone goes home happy? Doesn't matter what happens in 2017?

Everyone goes home with a job.

The goal isn't to 'make the playoffs.' And, quite frankly, I cringe every time some one in the organization says it.

So, if Vic's report is to be believed, they grab a wildcard in 2016, lose in the first round, but everyone goes home happy? Doesn't matter what happens in 2017?

If the Pegula statement from last week is any indication, Vic's story doesn't make any sense.

There is no story here. Pegs hasn't the gumption to tell his two big boys this and even if he did, it is no big deal. The Bills will miss the playoffs and they'd be fired with or without this "warning", or at least Rex will. The question is, will he fire Rex when he's 3-5 by mid-season? I doubt it.

There is no story here. Pegs hasn't the gumption to tell his two big boys this and even if he did, it is no big deal. The Bills will miss the playoffs and they'd be fired with or without this "warning", or at least Rex will. The question is, will he fire Rex when he's 3-5 by mid-season? I doubt it.

Do you have first hand knowledge of TP that we don't? I think a guy who turned a $10,000 loan into a net worth of 3.8 billion would have plenty of gumption.

Its a step forward... past where this organization has been in nearly 2 decades. IMO thats a satisfying season.

I, too have cringed at how the ultimate goal changed to "playoffs" over the years...

I don't like the concrete ultimatum if its true (and I kind of doubt it is true). There are so many variables. If this team is a "good" 8-8 or 9-7 (w/o playoffs) with injuries, fixable things, lost some close games to NE, SEA, ARZ, etc... should they blow it up?

If the team falls back into the 4-6 win range, then yes, I think it may be time to re-imagine the football side (without any input from Russ Brandon)

the only thing that any fan should care about, is that the 'point' of the reported message was actually delivered to Frick and Frack, and that they get their heads out of their collective butts long enough to work together in getting the damned defense fixed in 2016.. a sense of urgency is a good thing.. i doubt Pegula wanted to prolong the same losing culture he inherited

Why do we trust the media?

To give one of the more recent examples of media fallibility, PFT recently reported "Chuck Pagano undoubtedly will be fired" if Indy fails to make the playoffs. If fact, his contract was extended. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/20/whats-next-for-chuck-pagano/)

This is the trend in the media covering the NFL. Reporters run wild with speculation and unsubstantiated reports from poorly placed sources.

DW is going to be fired, EJ's going to be cut, the Pegulas issue an ultimatum.... why do we listen to this crap?

I think the Pegulas are far less mercurial than Jimmy Irsay. That's the big difference.