Coughlin Out as NYG HC; No Eagles or 49ers Job

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He started coaching football at RIT. He brought that team out of a Club team into a league. Went on from there to have great success.

He's a class act (with the exception that this year he didn't control is immature WR).

@john_kucko

Tom Coughlin began coaching career at RIT in 1970. Stepping down from giants as 2-time Super Bowl champ. #NYGiants

CX5jdsKUMAAXpQi.jpg

He may have had 3 or 4 rings if:

1) Plaxico didn't derail their best regular season under Coughlin by shooting himself (2008). Best team in football that year prior to the shooting.

2) They didn't kick it to DeSean in 2010....cost them a home playoff game.

I would love to see him give it another go somewhere.

I would put McAdoo at the top of the list. Smart of the GMen not to break continuity with the offense/Eli. Eli's too far along in his career to learn a new system and have "bad Eli" for a learning season.

Sean Payton would be the only other choice imo.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

He may have had 3 or 4 rings if:

1) Plaxico didn't derail their best regular season under Coughlin by shooting himself (2008). Best team in football that year prior to the shooting.

2) They didn't kick it to DeSean in 2010....cost them a home playoff game.

I would love to see him give it another go somewhere.

I would put McAdoo at the top of the list. Smart of the GMen not to break continuity with the offense/Eli. Eli's too far along in his career to learn a new system and have "bad Eli" for a learning season.

Sean Payton would be the only other choice imo.

Agree with all of that.

Everyone knows what he achieved as a coach. Take a look at the Jay Fund Foundation and see what kind of man he is.

Utmost respect for him, I hope Giants fans realise how lucky they've been over the past decade.

My daughter gets a small annual college scholarship through that foundation. I'm a big fan of him.

Sucks. Two time SB winning coaches don't get released too often. I'm interested to see if he retires or is still motivated to coach elsewhere. The Dolphins, with wannabe-Eli Tannehill, should definitely inquire.

He was the HC for 12 seasons and in that time frame they only made the playoffs five years, and only once in the last seven, granted they did win the Super Bowl that year.

Most Giants fans want Reese gone as well.

Edited by NyQuil

My daughter gets a small annual college scholarship through that foundation. I'm a big fan of him.

I only came across the foundation a few days ago by accident. Really heartbreaking to discover the origins of the cause but I'm glad so much good has come out of such a tragic situation.

As the resident Giants fan I do need to state that I will always have fond thoughts of Coughlin due to his two SB victories over one of the most reviled and despised teams over the past decade but the time was right for a change.