Coughlin Out as NYG HC; No Eagles or 49ers Job

Their personnel was really lacking the last few seasons. For a long time they just kept losing great players all over their defense and on the offensive line, guys like strahan, osi, tuck, diehl, and it kept getting worse. I don't blame coughlin much for what happened there. His staff coached circles around ours this year.

Not really. As I recall it, the Bills shut down OBJ and limited the Giants offense very well for most of the game. The Bills were rather depleted on offense and were in the game late until Jennings TD catch on a broken tackle.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really. As I recall it, the Bills shut down OBJ and limited the Giants offense very well for most of the game. The Bills were rather depleted on offense and were in the game late until Jennings TD catch on a broken tackle.

Coughlin told his team that Rex' team would shoot themselves, and it did just that to the tune of 17 penalties for 135 yards. Our offense had 5+ three and outs in the first half alone, scored 10 total points and gave up 2 game-changing turnovers.

The Giants have nothing whatsoever comparable to Marcel Dareus. They have no Kyle Williams, no Jerry Hughes. No CB combo like Gilmore and Darby. No Cordy Glenn, Richie Incognito or Eric Wood. Yet Coughlin beat us on our home field, because he's smarter. He did more with less.

Edited by Aaron

Coughlin told his team that Rex' team would shoot themselves, and it did just that to the tune of 17 penalties for 135 yards. Our offense had 5+ three and outs in the first half alone, scored 10 total points and gave up 2 game-changing turnovers.

The Giants have nothing whatsoever comparable to Marcel Dareus. They have no Kyle Williams, no Jerry Hughes. No CB combo like Gilmore and Darby. No Cordy Glenn, Richie Incognito or Eric Wood. Yet Coughlin beat us on our home field, because he's smarter. He did more with less.

With the Bills missing offensive weapons, it was much easier for their defense and penalties have nothing to do with being out coached.

With the Bills missing offensive weapons, it was much easier for their defense and penalties have nothing to do with being out coached.

Missing weapons or not we fielded far more talent than they did yet still lost at home.

of course penalties have to do with coaching (shared accountability), the coach is the leader of the team and builds the program from the ground up starting way before September. A team takes on the personality of its head coach.

i am really not looking to go in circles with this, my point was that Coughlin is a good coach and had dreadful personnel his last few years in NJ.