SF interviewing Bills RB coach Anthony Lynn for HC (now OC)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we give him much of the credit for Carlos coming on hot, Gilislee being pretty productive, and Shady realizing his promise and not disappointing? I don't know how to tell what is the RB coach and what isn't, but I'm satisfied with the RBs this year and we had the #1 rated run game, so whether it's him or not, I hope he stays.

Rooney rule all the way

No. He has been a guy that people talked about last year as someone who had head coach potential. He interviewed for OC gigs last year as well as the Jets HC gig. He has been on the radar. He's qualified. The Rooney Rule is not for coaches who are not qualified. It is for coaches who are qualified who need a chance to be interviewed or gain experience in being interviewed so they can get into the mix.

Why are people assuming Rooney Rule? He is an assistant HC and was in charge of the number one rushing game in the league. Could it just be that he's a great candidate?

Of course not. That would not fit the American thought paradigm that the coach in question is somehow unqualified and "taking" a job or an opportunity from someone who is supposedly more "deserving."

Mike freaking Mularkey is the favorite to land the Titans gig.

This league needs the Rooney Rule

Hahaha. It truly amazes me how teams refuse to expand their horizons. Its the same across the board throughout the NFL. Teams continue to interview and higher mediocre coaches who have never accomplished anything in the NFL.

Hahaha. It truly amazes me how teams refuse to expand their horizons. Its the same across the board throughout the NFL. Teams continue to interview and higher mediocre coaches who have never accomplished anything in the NFL.

we seem to be holding onto Doug Whaley like grim death, and he has never accomplished anything either.