Bills' Scouts Visits Thus Far

Astrobot

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, but consistent with them letting Mario walk and saving 12.0 million in salary cap. Outside of Bosa, Buckner, Lawson, and Bullard, does anyone see any other DE's as being worthy of the 19th pick?

Spence, Ogbah, Dodd

But I don't think they will take a pass rusher in the 1st. Jmo.

Spence, Ogbah, Dodd

But I don't think they will take a pass rusher in the 1st. Jmo.

Based on who the scouts are looking at so far, it appears that they're looking at exactly that. I could buy off these guys if they were to trade down in the first, but would rather they just take a guy like Reggie Ragland. I guess my mentality here is to take the best at a position instead of taking the 5th-7th best at a position. Lots of time to pass before draft time, but fun to discuss none the less!

Based on who the scouts are looking at so far, it appears that they're looking at exactly that. I could buy off these guys if they were to trade down in the first, but would rather they just take a guy like Reggie Ragland. I guess my mentality here is to take the best at a position instead of taking the 5th-7th best at a position. Lots of time to pass before draft time, but fun to discuss none the less!

i actually see it as there are certain positions that have more 1st round grades than others. 7 DEs have first round grades, 2 safeties, etc. .. And they are scouting all of them. There aren't 7 safeties in this draft with 1st round grades for example, so they aren't listed next to the round 1 group. I didn't think it meant that they would look at taking a DE before anyone else, that just happens to be a top heavy position in this draft. Edited by YoloinOhio

i actually see it as there are certain positions that have more 1st round grades than others. 7 DEs have first round grades, 2 safeties, etc. .. And they are scouting all of them. There aren't 7 safeties in this draft with 1st round grades for example, so they aren't listed next to the round 1 group. I didn't think it meant that they would look at taking a DE before anyone else, that just happens to be a top heavy position in this draft.

Certainly not disagreeing. I just don't see how the Bills reach given all of their needs. Personally, I don't have a single safety as first round value. Same with running backs. Guess we will see when we get closer to the draft. Certainly a lot of kids will be moving up and down the board.

Certainly not disagreeing. I just don't see how the Bills reach given all of their needs. Personally, I don't have a single safety as first round value. Same with running backs. Guess we will see when we get closer to the draft. Certainly a lot of kids will be moving up and down the board.

Sure... They just scout everyone. You never know who will rise and fall, or if they get an offer to trade down and can get three guys they like in the first two rounds instead of two guys. With RB - I think Elliott and could get a 1st rd grades as a player but that may not mean he gets drafted there. Sometimes there is a run on a certain position like WR and teams panic and it pushes down another position. Like you said, very early. I am excited for the senior bowl. Edited by YoloinOhio

Sure... They just scout everyone. You never know who will rise and fall, or if they get an offer to trade down and can get three guys they like in the first two rounds instead of two guys. With RB - I think Elliott and could get a 1st rd grades as a player but that may not mean he gets drafted there. Sometimes there is a run on a certain position like WR and teams panic and it pushes down another position. Like you said, very early. I am excited for the senior bowl.

I usually take my own notes. LOL. I'm a little bit of a geak on that front.

I usually take my own notes. LOL. I'm a little bit of a geak on that front.

best part of the Senior Bowl IMO is that it is coached by NFL coaching staffs and they have them run NFL plays and routes and defensive schemes, plus it's great competition. It is interesting to see who still excels and who disappears. For example I remember Aaron Donald dominating vs Cyril Richardson.

best part of the Senior Bowl IMO is that it is coached by NFL coaching staffs and they have them run NFL plays and routes and defensive schemes, plus it's great competition. It is interesting to see who still excels and who disappears. For example I remember Aaron Donald dominating vs Cyril Richardson.

Yes, very telling indeed!

• 3 weeks later...

If Jaylon Smith falls....im all over him because he might be a generational player falling due to injury....

If not....I really think its gonna be Mario's replacement

It obviously depends on FA pickups and cuts, but I've pretty much settled on Jaylon Smith or Emmanuel Ogbah in Round 1 assuming we grab a NT in FA or a later round. There are others that would be great if they fall (like Myles Jack), but I don't really expect that.

I'm coming around to the possibility of a Jarran Reed in the first round or possibly someone like Austin Johnson in the 2nd if they go a different direction in the first round. At the end of the day, Bryant, Carrington, and Charles are all free agents for the Bills. I don't believe any of them would be quality full time starters anchoring the defense in the middle. I also don't think they're simply going to leave Dareus as a 2-gap nose tackle, which is what they basically used him as last season. Not for $100 million contract. Given the cap situation, they won't find a high quality NT in free agency either. This year for me screams loudly for the Bills to draft starters with their first two draft picks. The big question for me is whether they would consider moving Kyle back to the middle. He's a little under sized for NT, but....he's played the position before. Then OLB or DE would be the priority. Myles Jack or Jaylon Smith would be a steal in the first round, no doubt. I would be shocked if they fell anywhere close to 19th. Ogbah may be there in the 2nd round. He's not even the 6th-7th best DE on many a board that I've looked at.