Scouts have visited practices /watched games of players at various positions:

ROUND 1 (1-31): 7-DE, 2-OLB, 1-ILB, 2-S, 2-CB, 2-RB, 1-QB, 1-OT

ROUND 2 (32-63): 4-DT, 3-WR, 2-S, 2-OT, 2-OG, 1-TE, 1-OLB, 1-CB

ROUND 3 (64-96): 2-QB, 2-WR, 3-RB, 1-OLB, 3-OL, 1-DT, 1-DE, 1-ILB, 1-FS, 1-TE

ROUND 4 (97-129): 2 DT, 2 OG, 1S, 1QB, 1OC, 1 RB, 1 CB, 1 OLB, 1 WR

ROUND 5 (130-162): 2WR, 1 ILB, 1 OLB, 1 RB, 1 TE, 1 DE, 1 DT, 1 LT,1 CB

ROUND 6 (163-195): 1 ILB, 2OC, 1FB

ROUND 7 (196-228): 1 DT, 1 OG, 1 C, 1PK, 1S, 1CB

So Bills have thus far looked at DE the most in RD1, with none in RD2. DT has been examined a lot in RD2 with 3 more in the next 2 rounds. We'll have a DT next to Dareus by the end of Day 2.

There is a lack of ILB here outside of Reggie Ragland of Alabama, Kentrell Brothers in RD3, and Kris Frost in RD6. This is most likely where they go to Free Agency to replace Bradham. I could say the same for OLB as only one OLB is listed after two in RD1.

Four safeties have been looked at in the first two rounds, Jalen Ramsey (who falls due to injury) and Vonn Bell in RD1 and Jeremy Cash and Jayron Kearse in RD2. Cash is the most likely as he is a perfect fit for Rex's defense.

Guard is listed heavily in RD2-3-4. They need to re-sign Incognito and decide if John Miller's enough on the right side.

What's interesting to me is the number of RBs that have been looked at. I don't think we're moving on from Shady and Karlos, but I think we'll take a hard look at the backups. RD3 is a bit early (Tre Madden, DJ Foster), but TCU's Aaron Green in the 4th is someone you might study. Alabama's Kenyan Drake RD5 has receiving skills (which Roman likes). Glenn Gronkowski (yes, he's related) is more of a FB but his family was from the Buffalo area.

Of course, with Junior declarations going on until Jan. 18, and Senior/Shrine/NFLPA Bowl games to be factored in, it's pretty early yet. This isn't a blueprint; it's a dipstick. -Astro

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Astro! Very interesting. What's the word on WRs they have looked at?

Parentheses are where they were on Drafttek's Big Board last time I looked in mid Dec)

Looked At:

WR TYLER BOYD PITT 32

WR MICHAEL THOMAS OHIO STATE 38

WR COREY COLEMAN BAYLOR 51

WR DE'RUNNYA WILSON MISSISSIPPI STATE 57

WR TRAVIN DURAL LSU 69

WR BRAXTON MILLER OHIO STATE 124

WRS BRALON ADDISON OREGON 133

WR LEONTE CARROO RUTGERS 142

S-WRF MALCOLM MITCHELL GEORGIA 240

WR CHRIS BROWN NOTRE DAME 364

Parentheses are where they were on Drafttek's Big Board last time I looked in mid Dec)

Looked At:

WR TYLER BOYD PITT 32

WR TRAVIN DURAL LSU 69

Curious as to them looking at Chris Brown from Notre Dame and not Will Fuller, but I don't know your process. Fuller fits much better with our needs and is much closer to the group of the other guys.

Looked At:

WR TYLER BOYD PITT 32

WR TRAVIN DURAL LSU 69

braxton Miller is intriguing because he is very similar to Percy Harvin and could take over that role as a "later" round pick due to not having a lot of WR film. His skills are off the charts, just a bit raw at the position. Also bigger than Harvin. Relentless worker and big time leader.

I absolutely would love Tyler Boyd.

Michael Thomas is a guy that has not yet declared and is 50/50 to do so, but I think he should. Some have him as the #1 WR in the draft and I wouldn't go there, but he would be a tremendous fit in this offense. Technique, size, skill, footwork, hands.

Edited by YoloinOhio

braxton Miller is intriguing because he is very similar to Percy Harvin and could take over that role as a "later" round pick due to not having a lot of WR film. His skills are off the charts, just a bit raw at the position. Also bigger than Harvin. Relentless worker and big time leader.

I absolutely would love Tyler Boyd.

Michael Thomas is a guy that has not yet declared and is 50/50 to do so, but I think he should. Some have him as the #1 WR in the draft and I wouldn't go there, but he would be a tremendous fit in this offense. Technique, size, skill, footwork, hands.

I would be shocked (and thrilled) if Thomas didn't come out. He's likely a first round pick, at worst a top of the 2nd round pick, but he could shoot up the board if he came back and Urban built the offense to feature him.

I would be shocked (and thrilled) if Thomas didn't come out. He's likely a first round pick, at worst a top of the 2nd round pick, but he could shoot up the board if he came back and Urban built the offense to feature him.

apparently he is not "in need" (financially), loves his coaches and being in college. But his stock is very high right now and that's without an offense that throws the ball so he's in a great spot to come out. I would be surprised if he stays but I've heard rumblings he is 50/50. The guy i am surprised to hear might leave is Jalin. Don't get that one. But whatever.

Curious as to them looking at Chris Brown from Notre Dame and not Will Fuller, but I don't know your process. Fuller fits much better with our needs and is much closer to the group of the other guys.

I like Brown a lot (I like Fuller as well although the drops this year bothered me and he disappeared in some games) -- when Kizer needed a play -- it was Brown he was looking for this year.

Brown reminds me of Jerricho Cotchery when he was at NC State...never grabbed a lot of headlines but found ways to get open, could beat press coverage and was a really good blocker. Brown might be a good 6 or 7 "throw away pick". Particularly if the Bills get a couple compensatory picks. I think Brown will end up having a long productive NFL career.

Edited by JoeF

I went back and checked my spreadsheet. They looked at Will Fuller.

I wonder what kicker they scouted

CBF

Robert Aguayo is the only one. He's also the only one that'll be drafted, as opposed to UDFA

DJ Foster would be an interesting piece. Maybe a jack-knife player early on who could play multiple roles well, but nothing spectacular.

Foster started out at RB for the AZ Sun Devils but transitioned to a slot role this year. I see him in the Bills' offense as a 3rd-down RB/WR who can play out of the slot. Matchup problem taking one more defender out wider, setting the table for McCoy, blocking for Watkins, and replacing Hogan.

This is way more offense than I expect, but I think Fanspeak was on drugs this evening:

19: R1P19
QB JARED GOFF
CALIFORNIA
49: R2P18
OT JOHN THEUS
GEORGIA
80: R3P17
WR JOSH DOCTSON
TCU
114: R4P19
DE DAESHON HALL
TEXAS A&M