Sammy Watkins has arrived

Watkins biggest obstacle is Greg Roman.

He has a brutal record coordinating a passing offense. It's true. Look up his record. Pathetic.

I agree with this but I think it's also part because of his Qbs. Smith, Kaepernick, and Taylor at this point aren't the most skilled passers. You have to let them play within themselves.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woods and Clay (McCoy to a lesser extent) are the perfect compliments to Sammy. But when you're a team that struggles to get to 200 yards passing, there aren't enough touches for everyone.

That said, I also guarantee Woods won't re-sign here so we should draft a guy later in the draft. There are always a ton of Wrs.

Reporters get so butthurt when players don't talk to them.

That said, Revis is a hired gun and definitely isn't the player he once was. He got burned more this year than the rest of his career combined.

You can tell father time is catching up with him...

I agree with this but I think it's also part because of his Qbs. Smith, Kaepernick, and Taylor at this point aren't the most skilled passers. You have to let them play within themselves.

Nah man. TT is the future and can make all the throws. Just gotta cut him loose!

I think the one thing I noticed today, that they have not done a lot this year, is they had Sammy lined up all over the place. Back field, slot, outside, lots of motions. I think Roman was out having fun today and experimenting quite a bit, and I do believe this offense will benefit greatly next year if Roman isn't hired away.

I think Roman was average at best. Today was the first game we saw Sammy in multiple formations and passes thrown in stride and many easy plays. Revis shouldn't be blamed, Watkins was put in positions where he could make catches. Why it took 16 games astounds me.

Watkins biggest obstacle is Greg Roman.

He has a brutal record coordinating a passing offense. It's true. Look up his record. Pathetic.

Agreed.......

I think Roman was average at best. Today was the first game we saw Sammy in multiple formations and passes thrown in stride and many easy plays. Revis shouldn't be blamed, Watkins was put in positions where he could make catches. Why it took 16 games astounds me.

Agreed.......

Roman helped save Smith's career. Kaepernick had his best seasons under Roman and got worse every year. The hope is that this is just the start for Taylor but who knows?

I think Roman is a good OC who plays to his wb's strengths. I'm sure if he had Aaron Rodgers or Brady, his gameplan would be a lot different.

Agreed.......

Just getting all the kinks worked out for our Super Bowl run next year.

For those saying they should've been doing this all season - that's partially true, but the Jets were really the only team ballsy/stupid enough to put one dude on Sammy. And then Revis gave him a 10 yard cushion because he didn't want to get roasted. So he got slowly braised instead.

For those saying they should've been doing this all season - that's partially true, but the Jets were really the only team ballsy/stupid enough to put one dude on Sammy. And then Revis gave him a 10 yard cushion because he didn't want to get roasted. So he got slowly braised instead.

this. It was the product of film over the last 8 weeks. They were terrified of getting beat deep. They paid in other ways.

I'm interested to see the YAC after today's game. Prior it was 105. Today I hazard a guess about 50-60???? Again where was that all season.

The whole season he was open and often they played off him. This was not unusual. Today TT threw it to him and they lined him up in numerous formations. Don't blame Revis.......

I'm interested to see the YAC after today's game. Prior it was 105. Today I hazard a guess about 50-60???? Again where was that all season?

The whole season he was open and often they played off him. This was not unusual. Today TT threw it to him and they lined him up in numerous formations. Don't blame Revis.......

I find it very hard to believe the entire season Sammy Watkins was "open".

Biggest difference today was the Jets gave Revis a single responsibility- Sammy. And Sammy exploited this.

Looking at other games this season, defenses rolled multiple defenders, double teamed, and switched up matchups on Sammy way more frequently than today.

I find it very hard to believe the entire season Sammy Watkins was "open".

Biggest difference today was the Jets gave Revis a single responsibility- Sammy. And Sammy exploited this.

Looking at other games this season, defenses rolled multiple defenders, double teamed, and switched up matchups on Sammy way more frequently than today.

Bowles got out coached.

To be fair Rex has outcoached Bowles twice.... about the only person he has...

well they won 8 games, not two...

Philbin

Campbell

Obrien

Pagano

WhisenPunt

Garrett

3 of those guys fired or will be fired - yikes

Edited by YoloinOhio