2016 Draft O-line thread

Beerball

We probably need 3 new starters on defense. So I agree RT is a big need. I just feel that we need much, much more help on defense. It does seem to me that Conklin is rising on many boards too. He seems to be selected before Decker many times

conklin had a very strong game vs Buckner in September - could be a reason as draft analyst watch that film since Buckner is ranked so high.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric Wood is not an outstanding run blocker he is average I will give you that - very good when out in space pulling not so good when he just has to get downhill and drive defenders back but he had a big bounce back year.

As for Miller he might not be an outstanding run blocker yet but he is pretty darn good for a rookie. Any question marks against Miller should not be levelled at his play in the run game.

As for 3rd down percentage - whilst I am not quite as bullish about this line as Metz... I do think it took a huge step forward on 2014... and our third down percentage is not on them so much as a myriad of factors - I'd say Tyrod's inability to make quick decisive reads is the top reason and not having a bona fide #2 receiver and Roman's reluctance to use the middle of the field in his play calls are other reasons too.

Good post and analysis : )

We probably need 3 new starters on defense. So I agree RT is a big need. I just feel that we need much, much more help on defense. It does seem to me that Conklin is rising on many boards too. He seems to be selected before Decker many times

3 ? Which ones?

I think RT is the most unsettled but keep in mind Seantrel and health issue.

Interesting point about him moving to LT and being a bit more successful. Like left handed and right handed people perhaps?

Miller and Urbik are good enough if you solve the RT issue. As long as John improves as expected from a rookies year.

Wood is the question mark for me. I do think it is time to seriously think about getting a stronger presence in there.

also I feel 71 was coming around when Bills were using him late in the year as a 6th lineman. Bills were really getting some push

Good post and analysis : )

3 ? Which ones?

I think RT is the most unsettled but keep in mind Seantrel and health issue.

Interesting point about him moving to LT and being a bit more successful. Like left handed and right handed people perhaps?

Miller and Urbik are good enough if you solve the RT issue. As long as John improves as expected from a rookies year.

Wood is the question mark for me. I do think it is time to seriously think about getting a stronger presence in there.

also I feel 71 was coming around when Bills were using him late in the year as a 6th lineman. Bills were really getting some push

DE, NT, OLB(maybe both), possibly S

DE, NT, OLB(maybe both), possibly S

Next question Peter, since its unlikely Bills can get 3 starters from the draft , is where do we find them.

A starting DE is at 19 perhaps?. NT can be found later on or FA on cheap ?

If Bradham leaves we probably need two OLBs. so drafting one for sure

And Safety is very dependant on A Williams. ( That situation freaks me out a little btw as i would just prefer to move on )

Next question Peter, since its unlikely Bills can get 3 starters from the draft , is where do we find them.

And Safety is very dependant on A Williams. ( That situation freaks me out a little btw as i would just prefer to move on )

I am fairly certain 2 of our first 3 picks will be front 7. This draft is deep in front 7 players, so that makes sense. We also need another WR, and this draft is deep there too. I am guessing we select a WR in round 3 or 4(Tyler Boyd, Will Fuller, DeRunya, Braxton). The draft is weak at offensive tackles. Yes that is a need, but I would not overreach. When you draft for need instead of BPA, you end up with EJ. My guess is we are combing the nation looking for later round offensive lineman. Nose tackle will come from free agency. And possibly another OL. And I am not sure Aaron Williams will be able to play. Rambo is a free agent. Graham is expensive and we are over the cap. I think we draft a S or two early. Our major holes are on defense. We need 4 capable LB to run a 3-4. Defense will be the priority this offseason IMO

Thanks good insight . The defense should be the focal point in early rounds as long as it remains BPA.

Wynn should come back Healthy and Carrington being injured must surely be offered an incentive based contract.

Bryant and Charles are reasonable players. add one big man to sit down in the middle and some kinda threat from the edge not named IK. The Linebackers are the tricky bit under Rex.

Brown was touted as very intelligent and able to make the calls. Under JS he did just that.

Bradham is a hitter and blitzer who can cover a TE for a hot second but probably will get some offers Bills wont match ?

The safety thing is what drives me nuts. A Weddle would be nice?

I am in favor of keeping Corey in a restructure and Rambo in the rotation. whats left really?

The more I read about him, the more I like the sound of this McGovern fellow.

Anyone watch him play?

Not watched him myself but that boy carries a lot of versatility. Starts at LT, RG and RT. Multiple weight room records at Mizzou.

Also has a luscious head of hair. Needs to work on growing a proper beard though.

I think the line is the most important upgrade for this coming year. Even assuming you keep Wood, Inc, and Glenn for reasonable money RT needs upgrade the most followed by RG. While run blocking is good, TT seems to run for his life on pass blocking. I think the PB breaks down too fast

agree. Plus, depth on the O-line is always important.

Thanks good insight . The defense should be the focal point in early rounds as long as it remains BPA.

Wynn should come back Healthy and Carrington being injured must surely be offered an incentive based contract.

Bryant and Charles are reasonable players. add one big man to sit down in the middle and some kinda threat from the edge not named IK. The Linebackers are the tricky bit under Rex.

Brown was touted as very intelligent and able to make the calls. Under JS he did just that.

Bradham is a hitter and blitzer who can cover a TE for a hot second but probably will get some offers Bills wont match ?

The safety thing is what drives me nuts. A Weddle would be nice?

I am in favor of keeping Corey in a restructure and Rambo in the rotation. whats left really?

Nothing. we are in need of a true Saftey. I like Graham but hes a CB converted to S. and Rambo is a gamer but hes a goo depth player. We need 2 true starting Safteys

Got a chance to watch few games worth of Kyle Murphy - OT/Stanford

6'6" with 34" arms, good initial drive and knows how to work up to 2nd level. Doesn't always finish when he gets into space, and isn't going to blow anyone away as an athlete. Looks like a RT to me.

I like him as a day 2 pick that has the potential to start at RT as a rookie.

Not watched him myself but that boy carries a lot of versatility. Starts at LT, RG and RT. Multiple weight room records at Mizzou.

Also has a luscious head of hair. Needs to work on growing a proper beard though.

so you are detail oriented fellow, eh Blokester?

Nothing. we are in need of a true Saftey. I like Graham but hes a CB converted to S. and Rambo is a gamer but hes a goo depth player. We need 2 true starting Safteys

I shoulda stayed on track. This is an O line thread. oops!

any chance Woods get contract restructured ?Or is it even viable?

so you are detail oriented fellow, eh Blokester?

I shoulda stayed on track. This is an O line thread. oops!

any chance Woods get contract restructured ?Or is it even viable?

Probably, Wood seems to like being a Bill. We need to keep him and draft or trade for a better Center soon cuz idk how many good/decent seasons Wood has left.

we draft have to draft a S in the 2nd. Go jeremy Cash as 1st option, if not kj miller, or FS Mills or take an NFL ready LB or DL in the 2nd depending on where we go in the 1st round. then SS Killbrew or S Kj Miller or FS Mills if theyre still there in the 3rd or 4rth round and go for a super RT if BPA compared to Defensive hole fillers in the 2nd, is there any NFL ready RTs in this draft hats worth taking 2nd? and what is their predicted Round/Pick#?

Edited by Marty McFly