2016 Draft O-line thread

Beerball

Second round options at OT
Most NFL draft analysts project up to four offensive tackles coming off the board in round one this spring. Ole Miss OT Laremy Tunsil, Notre Dame OT Ronnie Stanley and Michigan State OT Jack Conklin are seen as first round locks. The fourth potential first round tackle is Ohio State’s Taylor Decker. ESPN NFL draft analyst Mel Kiper however, isn’t convinced he’s a first round lock.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long-armed offensive tackles Stephane Nembot from Colorado and Indiana's Jason Spriggs turned heads during the bench press drills with a position-best 32 and 31 repetitions of 225 pounds, respectively. Unfortunately, others didn't fare so well.

Really? What happened?

Not quite as good as advertised plus little sign of elite athletic potential from the Combine. Jeff Risdon who writes for Draft Breakdown and other sites is pretty well connected for a guy not in conventional NFL media. He tweeted this today https://twitter.com/JeffRisdon/status/705723804354482176

Jeff isn't the type to share without a credible source. I'll admit Stanley's combine was disappointing for me. Now whispers about his work ethic. Either someone is trying to sabotage him or the league really isn't as convinced as Jeff said.

Not quite as good as advertised plus little sign of elite athletic potential from the Combine. Jeff Risdon who writes for Draft Breakdown and other sites is pretty well connected for a guy not in conventional NFL media. He tweeted this today https://twitter.com/JeffRisdon/status/705723804354482176

Jeff isn't the type to share without a credible source. I'll admit Stanley's combine was disappointing for me. Now whispers about his work ethic. Either someone is trying to sabotage him or the league really isn't as convinced as Jeff said.

Huh, very interesting. As someone who would consider Conklin at 19 I would most definitely consider Stanley if he fell to us.

Huh, very interesting. As someone who would consider Conklin at 19 I would most definitely consider Stanley if he fell to us.

I get wary when I see questions about work ethic. I think mainly because I can't get to know the players myself to dispel it.

If he was on the board at 19, I would be severely tempted. If those doubts turn out to be baseless, I think he could become a top flight LT. Would give us some handy insurance with Cordy only tagged for one year too. Thought it was worth passing along.

I get wary when I see questions about work ethic. I think mainly because I can't get to know the players myself to dispel it.

If he was on the board at 19, I would be severely tempted. If those doubts turn out to be baseless, I think he could become a top flight LT. Would give us some handy insurance with Cordy only tagged for one year too. Thought it was worth passing along.

I'm pulling the trigger if Stanley is on the board at 19. Too much value there.

He would need to be an epic level of lazy to bomb out in the NFL (which could totally happen). Interestingly enough, here's a combine article about the same topic:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2016/02/detroit_lions_ronnie_stanley.html

To me, this has the smell of a team that wants him to fall...but that could just be my innate distrust for information this time of year :lol:

I'm pulling the trigger if Stanley is on the board at 19. Too much value there.

He would need to be an epic level of lazy to bomb out in the NFL (which could totally happen). Interestingly enough, here's a combine article about the same topic:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2016/02/detroit_lions_ronnie_stanley.html

To me, this has the smell of a team that wants him to fall...but that could just be my innate distrust for information this time of year :lol:

Jeff is a Lions guy too, maybe it's all part of some secret plan to get him to drop to 16!

Also saw something from an "NFL source" about Myles Jack needing further checks on his knee. That sounds like misinformation. Tis the season.

Jeff is a Lions guy too, maybe it's all part of some secret plan to get him to drop to 16!

Also saw something from an "NFL source" about Myles Jack needing further checks on his knee. That sounds like misinformation. Tis the season.

Yes, I've heard that Myles may never play again, and to make matters worse, that he hates puppies and takes walks atop unfinished skyscrapers sans fall protection.

So, you know, nobody in the top 18 picks should risk that mess.

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...