2016 Draft O-line thread

Beerball

we draft have to draft a S in the 2nd. Go jeremy Cash as 1st option, if not kj miller, or FS Mills or take an NFL ready LB or DL in the 2nd depending on where we go in the 1st round. then SS Killbrew or S Kj Miller or FS Mills if theyre still there in the 3rd or 4rth round and go for a super RT if BPA compared to Defensive hole fillers in the 2nd, is there any NFL ready RTs in this draft hats worth taking 2nd? and what is their predicted Round/Pick#?

I'd rather have Darian Thompson, AJ Stamps, or Justin Simmons than any of those guys--and I think one of them should be there in the 3rd.

I wouldn't go safety earlier than that.

Given the strength of the class, I'd look for two of DL, RT, or LB in rounds 1 and 2, then safety and WR in rounds 3 and 4.

Really hope they can find a way to get a starting ILB in FA.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the strength of the class, I'd look for two of DL, RT, or LB in rounds 1 and 2, then safety and WR in rounds 3 and 4.

That is the ideal scenario for me. Find a cheap way to address ILB in FA, then either DL and RT in the first two or I'd even be happy with them doubling down with a DT, DE duo rounds 1 and 2. The issue with that is the T class isn't the deepest from what I see and finding a late round guy who could compete to start there might be a stretch.

I'd rather have Darian Thompson, AJ Stamps, or Justin Simmons than any of those guys--and I think one of them should be there in the 3rd.

I wouldn't go safety earlier than that.

Thats going to be a trick isn't it though.

We have been discussing D Davis. It that accpetable for a season or two?

And if we do not keep Bradham ( which we almost need to ) we become thin outside too ?

I like the theoretical draft projection depending on Glenn and the RT pick.

I would think pass rushing 3 down line backer should be the priority in the draft

I just posted this play from the Sr Bowl of RG #73 Sebastian Tretola. Watch him slide down the line and make the block that sprang Aaron Green for the TD.

This is the stuff that Greg Roman lusts after.

Edited by Astrobot

This is the stuff that Greg Roman lusts after.

Yep, Tretola is just a destroyer of worlds. Him and Josh Garnett aren't the greatest athletes but they hurt people with regularity on their pulls. As short term competition for Miller and long term answers to replace Incognito, I'd love either.

Still love Joe Thuney as a year 1 PS guy, Year 2 replace Urbik as the swing IOL.

Yep, Tretola is just a destroyer of worlds. Him and Josh Garnett aren't the greatest athletes but they hurt people with regularity on their pulls. As short term competition for Miller and long term answers to replace Incognito, I'd love either.

Still love Joe Thuney as a year 1 PS guy, Year 2 replace Urbik as the swing IOL.

Thuney I have as a "yes" in RD7, with the note that he's a consummate run-blocker, but loses balance (lunges) when pass-defending. So maybe other pass-happy teams ...er...pass on him.

Thuney I have as a "yes" in RD7, with the note that he's a consummate run-blocker, but loses balance (lunges) when pass-defending. So maybe other pass-happy teams ...er...pass on him.

His versatility is so intriguing. Played LT, LG, C & RT at some point.

Needs to get bigger/stronger but I think he's worth a late round pick.

His versatility is so intriguing. Played LT, LG, C & RT at some point.

Needs to get bigger/stronger but I think he's worth a late round pick.

I just let Draftbreakdown know that we need video on this guy.

Met with Panthers, Falcons, Browns, Colts, Jets at E/W Shrine Game.

Great writeup: http://www.whosnextfootball.com/#!WNF-Speaks-with-NC-State-OL-Joe-Thuney/cjds/56ab6e290cf231794c617616

Edited by Astrobot

Am I allowed to dream of Conklin in the 2nd round or no chance? I like him, he just does not stand out among the talent that is going to be available 1-32.

You are allowed, but I think he'll be in the 33-36 range. We'll see what happens.

You are allowed, but I think he'll be in the 33-36 range. We'll see what happens.

Conklin won't make it out of the top 20 IMO. And we will be very lucky if Spence is available at 19. Indy picks at 18- and they need defense bad too. I am guessing they take a player the Bills want the pick before

Conklin won't make it out of the top 20 IMO. And we will be very lucky if Spence is available at 19. Indy picks at 18- and they need defense bad too. I am guessing they take a player the Bills want the pick before

Ryan Grigson is still the GM they are just as likely to draft another WR as they are anyone else. After the beatings Luck took you would think that club is in agreement on drafting oline for the first few rounds

That is the ideal scenario for me. Find a cheap way to address ILB in FA, then either DL and RT in the first two or I'd even be happy with them doubling down with a DT, DE duo rounds 1 and 2. The issue with that is the T class isn't the deepest from what I see and finding a late round guy who could compete to start there might be a stretch.

Yes!

There are some OT diamonds in the rough on Day 3, but each has a chink in his armor.

Brandon Shell is ideal for RD3, so if you did keep Kyle Williams and re-sign Stefan Charles or Bryant, you could wait a year on DT. Rex has drafted DL high in 5 of last 6 drafts he's been in. The exception was QB The Sanchise.

My favorite RT is Pearce Slater---(140 on our Big Board)--Likely RD5, big, jumbo, run-blocker, good hands, sustains up to the whistle, JUCO, All-MW first team.

John Theus---(166)---Drops to here because he's suitable only as RT, less-versatile than Urbik imho

I just let Draftbreakdown know that we need video on this guy.

Met with Panthers, Falcons, Browns, Colts, Jets at E/W Shrine Game.

Great writeup: http://www.whosnextfootball.com/#!WNF-Speaks-with-NC-State-OL-Joe-Thuney/cjds/56ab6e290cf231794c617616

He's also the first NC State OL to be named All-American since Jim Ritcher in 1979.

Indy takes a DE34 at 18, so yeah.

19. Buffalo Bills

2015 record: 8-8 (.508)

Top need: Right tackle

Other needs: Linebacker, safety, defensive tackle

Top prospects at positional needs: OT: Laremy Tunsil (Ole Miss), Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame), Jack Conklin (Michigan State); LB: Myles Jack (UCLA), Jaylon Smith (Notre Dame), Leonard Floyd (Georgia); Safety: Darian Thompson (Boise State), Jayron Kearse (Clemson), Deon Bush (Miami); DT: Andrew Billings (Baylor), A'Shawn Robinson (Alabama), Jarran Reed (Alabama).

An outside writer who sounds like he knows what he is doing.