2016 Draft QB thread

Beerball

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not say anything about giving up picks for him. But if he is there in the 3d it would be idiotic not to pick him because our "board" has him rated as a 4th.

I would be uneasy with our 3rd if we have him rated as a 4th pick but I would consider trading back up into the 3rd to take him.

Just select Connor Cook, and be done with it. I'm gonna proclaim here and now, that Cook will be a star in the NFL. I really hope the Bills select him.

He's the guy.

But I bet Greg Roman wouldn't like him, he is too aggressive. Too bad. With the right coach, he would tear up the league. I hope the Patriots don't select him, or we're screwed. He reminds me of Marino.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I'm with you, Talking heads our missing out on him but that will be to our advantage.

Thank you. Last year, most here would have been ecstatic to have a chance to draft this guy. With good coaching, he is gonna tear it up. He has been playing in a pro-style offense too. Throws with all the confidence of Dan Marino, ZFG!

I love that, but a guy like Roman, who seems to prefer a game manager with a ground game, wouldn't know what to do with a guy like Cook. I think Roman is good at getting the most out of a mediocre talent, but would hold back a serious talent like Rodgers, Manning, etc.

I hate this coaching staff.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I'm with you, Talking heads our missing out on him but that will be to our advantage.

had he declared last year he would have been a top 15 pick. Even prior to the season he was predicted to go as high a 6 as I recall. His team won the big 10 and went to the CFB playoff, more successful than last season, and yet his stock plummeted. I thought he had an "odd" season - even taking the injury out of the equation. Can't really place my finger on it. His personality was off putting to me but I'm willing to admit it could be the msu-OSU thing and I developed a negativity bias this year where that is concerned. He's pretty arrogant but that's not always a bad thing for a QB.

I really liked him his junior year. I think he's good. I don't know how good. Some things concern me. He can make all the throws. He does have some accuracy issues but he only had one halfway decent WR. I think he has just enough mobility too. If the Bills took him I would see it as a positive. As long as it's not too early. They have shown some interest.

Edited by YoloinOhio

had he declared last year he would have been a top 15 pick. Even prior to the season he was predicted to go as high a 6 as I recall. His team won the big 10 and went to the CFB playoff, more successful than last season, and yet his stock plummeted. I thought he had an "odd" season - even taking the injury out of the equation. Can't really place my finger on it. His personality was off putting to me but I'm willing to admit it could be the msu-OSU thing and I developed a negativity bias this year where that is concerned. He's pretty arrogant but that's not always a bad thing for a QB.

I really liked him his junior year. I think he's good. I don't know how good. Some things concern me. He can make all the throws. He does have some accuracy issues but he only had one halfway decent WR. I think he has just enough mobility too. If the Bills took him I would see it as a positive. As long as it's not too early. They have shown some interest.

Yes, I'm encouraged by that.

I'm using "the eyeball test", and I see a pro QB. A guy who gets the ball out quick, with the confidence to thread the needle, and who carries the team on his back. I see decisiveness ("I know what I'm doing"), seemingly the rarest attribute in college prospects (and pro's for that matter)

I'm sold.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Thank you. Last year, most here would have been ecstatic to have a chance to draft this guy. With good coaching, he is gonna tear it up. He has been playing in a pro-style offense too. Throws with all the confidence of Dan Marino, ZFG! What?

I love that, but a guy like Roman, who seems to prefer a game manager with a ground game, wouldn't know what to do with a guy like Cook. I think Roman is good at getting the most out of a mediocre talent, but would hold back a serious talent like Rodgers, Manning, etc.

I hate this coaching staff.

I like Roman and think he will do good with Cook knowing that he can work the whole field unlike TT has proven thus far. (not a fan of Rex but we have to deal with it, so hopefully he gets it together)

you know he threaded the needle a lot as a junior so that just doesn't disappear unless your WRs sux, which I believe was the problem this yr.

As far as arrogance goes not even concerned about that and the whole Archie Griffin thing was blown WAY out of proportion.

I like Roman and think he will do good with Cook knowing that he can work the whole field unlike TT has proven thus far. (not a fan of Rex but we have to deal with it, so hopefully he gets it together)

Yeah, the Archie Griffin thing was nothing.

ZFG? Zero %$*&s Given.

I could see Roman using Cook like Rothlisberger. I think Roman is excellent at squeezing the most out of mediocre QB's, by emphasizing the ground game, and passing off of that. But I don't think he is the right guy for a "superstar QB". He would waste guys like Rodgers, or Manning. I get the feeling that Roman is more interested in out-foxing the opposition with his plays, than letting the talent do their thing.

Watching Carson Wentz, and Paxton Lynch... those guys are dorks, their bodies all herky-jerky. Cook and Goff have that smoothness that you see from the greats. It's more than "style points", it indicates an underlying confidence, and athleticism.

Edited by HoF Watkins

you know he threaded the needle a lot as a junior so that just doesn't disappear unless your WRs sux, which I believe was the problem this yr.

As far as arrogance goes not even concerned about that and the whole Archie Griffin thing was blown WAY out of proportion.

nothing to do with Archie. I actually forgot about that.

nothing to do with Archie. I actually forgot about that.

How would you feel if we actually drafted him?

Yeah, the Archie Griffin thing was nothing.

I could see Roman using Cook like Rothlisberger. I think Roman is excellent at squeezing the most out of mediocre QB's, by emphasizing the ground game, and passing off of that. But I don't think he is the right guy for a "superstar QB". He would waste guys like Rodgers, or Manning. I get the feeling that Roman is more interested in out-foxing the opposition with his plays, than letting the talent do their thing.

Watching Carson Wentz, and Paxton Lynch... those guys are dorks, their bodies all herky-jerky. Cook and Goff have that smoothness that you see from the greats. It's more than "style points", it indicates an underlying confidence, and athleticism.

I've said more than once Cook reminds me of Roethlisberger, and if he ends up like him we will be celebrating Super Bowls.

(actually I like Wentz, he has that championship leadership and can really run the ball and is probably a better fit in Romans offense than Cook, I would be thrilled with both )

How would you feel if we actually drafted him?

I've said more than once Cook reminds me of Roethlisberger, and if he ends up like him we will be celebrating Super Bowls.

(actually I like Wentz, he has that championship leadership and can really run the ball and is probably a better fit in Romans offense than Cook, I would be thrilled with both )

I think Wentz is good, but he isn't smooth. And he hasn't played top competition.