Marrone/Schwartz to Miami? Nope. Gase it is.

YoloinOhio

Offense was better in 2014 and, again, what Marrone did to squeeze out nine wins with that offense is a testimony to his skills. This is the biggest part of the irrational beliefs held by some of you...he did a great job with that offense!

False, false, and super FALSE.

2014 Bills Offensive numbers: 5,096 total yards, 5.0 y/p, 23 Turnovers, 273 first downs

2015 Bills Offensive numbers: 5,775 total yards, 5/7 y/p, 19 Turnovers, 297 first downs

You're remembering all wrong.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2015.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2014.htm

Did I miss something. You mean he didn't go 9-7?

You missed a lot. The numbers do not back up your memory, nor does the film.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He was basic because he had no choice. Come on! He did as good as any coach could have with EJ and Orton. He did not have the QB who could run his offense. He adjusted and made do and did a damn good job in the process. And, no, comparing him to Rex is the crux of the matter. Who's a better HC. I say it again, Rex would be lucky to have two wins with what Marrone had to work with. If Marrone had the current team he gets 9 wins easy..especially with TT.

he did have a choice. He could have been creative with what he had. The reason Rex and Roman aren't relevant is because we are discussing why Marrone is a good HC candidate. Not them. If you want to make them relevant to Marrone, Their offense set Bills records with a 1st year QB. His ... Didn't. It was bad. Edited by YoloinOhio

You still haven't addressed how the Saint was driven out by the local media, Mrs. Marrone.

I have..in other posts. In a nutshell they were vilifying him when they should have sung his praises. Go find it if you want more details.by the way, why do you find it necessary to be insulting, we can disagree without that, or can you?

I truly believe that Marrone would a) never have pursued Taylor and b) that Taylor would have come to Buffalo to play for Marrone. Our qb would have been some sort of McCown/Keenum/Cassel clown show.

If google is accurate, the Browns "won" McCown in Feb 27th, and we signed Tyrod March 18th. I'm not a fan of McCown, and am much happier with Tyrod at this point. Alternate history is a curious one though. How would this year have turned out if things were a bit different....

I have..in other posts. In a nutshell they were vilifying him when they should have sung his praises. Go find it if you want more details.by the way, why do you find it necessary to be insulting, we can disagree without that, or can you?

why would they sing his praises? I mean this has to be a joke.

I've said before I don't think he's a terrible HC. He did some things well. But to say he's a "good" candidate for any of these openings is a major stretch.

Should have sung his praises? For what? For every offensive player regressing under his administration? Or maybe for how he bailed on the team without even having the balls to tell the men he coached to their faces he was leaving?

There's so much you can say about St. Doug -- but that's not one of them.

Sorry to rankle the feathers of your husband's successful tenure. Or are you Mrs. Gregg Williams, still upset that a Jerry Sullivan sullied your husband's otherwise successful track record in Orchard Park?

So enlighten us again on the mental toughness of an NFL head coach who can't handle the arrows slung by the powerful and influential WNY press corps?

2014 Bills Offensive numbers: 5,096 total yards, 5.0 y/p, 23 Turnovers, 273 first downs

2015 Bills Offensive numbers: 5,775 total yards, 5/7 y/p, 19 Turnovers, 297 first downs

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2015.htm[/url

[url=http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2014.htm]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2014.htm

This misses the point entirely. What is being compared is what Marrone got done with EJ and Orton to what he would have done with the current team. You actually make no point.

why would they sing his praises? I mean this has to be a joke.

I've said before I don't think he's a terrible HC. He did some things well. But to say he's a "good" candidate for any of these openings is a major stretch.[/quot

Well I guess I, and apparently the rest of the league, disagree. But time will tell.

If google is accurate, the Browns "won" McCown in Feb 27th, and we signed Tyrod March 18th. I'm not a fan of McCown, and am much happier with Tyrod at this point. Alternate history is a curious one though. How would this year have turned out if things were a bit different....

I think the pursuit would have been different for a couple of reasons. If Marrone had stayed, Whaley probably wouldn't have. Marrone would probably prefer a guy like McCown, and may have pushed harder for him. I can't say with certainty that he would have gone hard after Taylor, but I feel pretty confident that he wouldn't have. He also wouldn't have hired a super-creative OC like Roman. That's pretty much a guarantee. We'd likely have had another year of Hackett.

Edited by dave mcbride

You said the 2014 offense was better. The numbers show this is untrue.

I did not say that at all. Not even close! What I said was Marrone actually did a terrific job with the offense he was handed in his two years. Never said the 2014 offense was better than the 2015 offense.

That's the point.

I did not say that at all. Not even close! What I said was Marrone actually did a terrific job with the offense he was handed in his two years. Never said the 2014 offense was better than the 2015 offense.

Offense was better in 2014 and, again, what Marrone did to squeeze out nine wins with that offense is a testimony to his skills. This is the biggest part of the irrational beliefs held by some of you...he did a great job with that offense!

That's not how I read this. Apologies if I misread it.

It's an odd statement even devoid of that considering the offense regressed from 2013 to 2014 under Marrone's leadership. He ruined everything he touched.

Sorry to rankle the feathers of your husband's successful tenure. Or are you Mrs. Gregg Williams, still upset that a Jerry Sullivan sullied your husband's otherwise successful track record in Orchard Park?

So enlighten us again on the mental toughness of an NFL head coach who can't handle the arrows slung by the powerful and influential WNY press corps?

I can handle it fine. Particularly from you. Your insult says more about you than me. I have found it to be the case that those who rely on insults during a discussion know they come from a weak position. But, I've learned my lesson, Mods, I will stay on the high road.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2015.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2014.htm

Not to mention, the offense started with worse field position this year, the team as a whole had some major penalty problems, and injuries, injuries, injuries.

It's an odd statement even devoid of that considering the offense regressed from 2013 to 2014 under Marrone's leadership. He ruined everything he touched.

Please explain to me and everyone else, how is going from 6-10 to 9-7 regression?

Please explain to me and everyone else, how is going from 6-10 to 9-7 regression?

Marrone didn't coach defense. He left that to Schwartz which was the smartest coaching decision he made in two years in the position. The defense improved greatly under JS and was how the Bills got 3 more wins in '14 despite their offense taking big steps backwards. Starting Pears at guard, a guy who had very little business playing tackle let alone a position where his body type didn't fit like guard, was the first sign that Marrone's own arrogance was going to sink that team.

Look at the numbers, they don't lie. Nor does the film. Every single offensive player regressed from 2013 to 2014. That's on one man and one man alone: St. Doug.

For a bit of a visual: the rushing offense dropped from 2,307 w 15 TDs in 2013 to 1,482 with 7 TDs. The run scheme was all on Marrone, as was the blocking schemes which he took great pride in micromanaging.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

I get the dislike for Marrone and the manner that he quit on the team and the city of Buffalo. That said he did a good job getting the Bills to 9-7 with Kyle Orton as our QB. Schwartz will get that defense in Miami playing to its full potential and Marrone will make sure it's a disciplined environment. I would not like this to happen. Much happier to see any of our other ex HCs like Mularkey or Williams down there.