Who would sit TT and Sammy? Miller shouldn't dress either.

The only reason these guys are playing has to be that it is a home game. If I were GM or HC, they both sit. I explain it to the people that bought tickets. The game is meaningless and not worth the injury risk.

I hope it is a blowout early in the second quarter, and EJ starts warming up with Hogan and Lewis.

As for Miller, he shouldn't have played the last two games. Let CK play RT and Urbik play RG.

Miller needs all the snaps he can get. Like it or not, he is the current RG of the future. He has had ups and downs this season, has dealt with injuries, and his status for the foreseeable future remains to be seen. To early to give up on a rookie offensive lineman. As for Tyrod and Sammy...they're healthy they play. It's not as if Buffalo is cruising into the playoffs. It would be an insult to all the fans who pay good money to sit these guys in week 17 with a chance to knock that Jets out of the playoffs. Are you for real?

I'm not giving up on Miller. He looks like he has a chance to be a solid starter. But he is playing on one good leg and couldn't finish the last two games. No need for him to play.

Brady sat the second half at home last year. How is it any different?

A healthy scratch shouldn't get a game check.

So a team heading to the playoffs that sits their QB or star RB is any different?

I'm not giving up on Miller. He looks like he has a chance to be a solid starter. But he is playing on one good leg and couldn't finish the last two games. No need for him to play.

So a team heading to the playoffs that sits their QB or star RB is any different?

Sounds like you answered your own question.

Great contribution Billz. NOT!

I somewhat agree with the OP. I would get Watkins his 1000 yards and sit him.

In the second half I would just run the ball.

All of a sudden on a 16 year playoff drought some posters care about week 17 and the ticket holders.

Funny sh.it there boys!

Btw, last week all healthy starters played and the game was a snoozefest. How would sitting your franchise players in the second half of a meaningless game not be wise?

Yes. Why not just forfeit the game? Or, don't send anyone out from the sidelines. Let the JESTS kick off and recover the ball and score a touchdown on the opening play. Then they can do it again, and again, and again. The problem is the start of the second half when The Bills have to kick off. I guess the Ref could call "Delay of Game" on the "offense" until the ball gets placed at the goal line. It would make compelling TV. I'm sure the bookies would love it and I'll bet they would go crazy about this new strategy in the Pittsburgh area. The League wouldn't dare say anything to The Bills about it either, no doubt.

Maybe Rex could win favor with some of the fans who actually attend this game by sending the players up into the stands to sign autographs during the game. You know, share a beer and a burger with them. I mean, with the score 700 to nothing at halftime, why bother sticking around unless you could grab an autograph or two?

MIller's ankle is so bad he should not be on the field. He needs healthy snaps, not snaps with one leg. I was appalled when I saw how bad he was walking last week...he does not belong out there in that condition. Must be he is showing he is tough....oh well.....

Yes. Why not just forfeit the game? Or, don't send anyone out from the sidelines. Let the JESTS kick off and recover the ball and score a touchdown on the opening play. Then they can do it again, and again, and again. The problem is the start of the second half when The Bills have to kick off. I guess the Ref could call "Delay of Game" on the "offense" until the ball gets placed at the goal line. It would make compelling TV. I'm sure the bookies would love it and I'll bet they would go crazy about this new strategy in the Pittsburgh area. The League wouldn't dare say anything to The Bills about it either, no doubt.

Maybe Rex could win favor with some of the fans who actually attend this game by sending the players up into the stands to sign autographs during the game. You know, share a beer and a burger with them. I mean, with the score 700 to nothing at halftime, why bother sticking around unless you could grab an autograph or two?

A little over the top?

The poster named 3 players, one which is nursing an injury and the other 2 are so called the faces of the franchise.

Great contribution Billz. NOT!

I somewhat agree with the OP. I would get Watkins his 1000 yards and sit him.

In the second half I would just run the ball.

All of a sudden on a 16 year playoff drought some posters care about week 17 and the ticket holders.

Funny sh.it there boys!Btw, last week all healthy starters played and the game was a snoozefest. How would sitting your franchise players in the second half of a meaningless game not be wise?

Sit him for what? Is he so fragile that you are worried about the next real game which is 8 months away.

Nanker, your always good for an occasional belly laugh. I know you were being sarcastic, but that was damn funny.

I agree with your sarcasm. Guys, Rex wants to win this game. The only way any of these guys sit is if they play up an injury and exaggerate it (cue Mario). Think about how many guys are playing for jobs, or guys like Sammy are always thinking of the second big contract. He wants to show he can beat Revis. TT wants to cement he is the starter for next year and beyond with the big contract.

Nanker, your always good for an occasional belly laugh. I know you were being sarcastic, but that was damn funny.

I agree with your sarcasm. Guys, Rex wants to win this game. The only way any of these guys sit is if they play up an injury and exaggerate it (cue Mario). Think about how many guys are playing for jobs, or guys like Sammy are always thinking of the second big contract. He wants to show he can beat Revis. TT wants to cement he is the starter for next year and beyond with the big contract.

Thank you. You can't play football if you're worried about getting hurt. The only player I would consider holding out would be Mario, but Rex does indeed want to win this game - as do Fitzy, Chan, Bowles, and the rest of the Jets. We have a chance to be a spoiler and though it's a rather small nail to hang our hats on, dignity of any kind has been hard to come by this season.

Daily News talking about how great it is that the Jets are knocking Steelers out of playoffs. That should really piss you off. This is our playoffs and a good indication if Rex lost the team or they will continue playing hard for him.

Sorry, but in my mind the jury is still out on TT.

Yes, he should be the starter at the beginning of the season next year. But he still has not convinced me he is the long term solution at QB. He needs to play all he can and learn, so he can prove whether or not he can be a long term solution.

Miller definitely is playing hurt, and should not risk holding back his recovery in a meaningless game.

People are still paying big bucks for tickets to see a professional team playing the game, and they should see a real team of players doing what they are paid to do. There is always a risk of permanent injury in the NFL (re AW), but that is why the players get the big contracts they do.

It is not like sitting players for the post season saving them for the soon upcoming playoffs. The next game is in September, so excepting career ending injuries, there is time to recover by next season.

Edited by simpleman