Wayne Rogers, aka Trapper John MD, has died

Just Jack

The wife and I are huge MASH fans. He had the best one liner of the series. As he was using a duffle bag as a boxing bag

Hot lips: Isn't that Frank's bag?

Trapper: I thought you were Frank's bag.

Followed by:

Trapper (to hot lips). Hello baby

Hot Lips: That's Major to you.

Trapper: Hello Major baby.

RIP. The show went downhill with the arrival of BJ. What a whiner.

Edited by Chef Jim

LAMP I wrote 3 letters to him over the years and he answered every one.

He was an excellent investor (he was worth about $85 million when he died) and I wrote him asking for some additional information regarding his investing philosophy as well as his experience in buying and running businesses. To his credit, he gave me some great information, especially how to work with customers and involve them in the selling process. (way overlooked by many people)

All in all, a very interesting guy, way beyond what you expect actors to be.

Col,. Blake, Col. Potter, Ferret Face Frank Burns, Col, Flagg and Sydney Freedman ( psychiatrist) have all died along with Trapper John.

Great character -- those were hysterical episodes.

RIP. The show went downhill with the arrival of BJ. What a whiner.

Not so much BJ (but I agree he was a whiner -- on the show as in life), but IMO when the show increasingly focused on Alda and inexplicably, Farr.

There are only so many good characters you can lose from a great ensemble cast. Once Trapper, Frank and Henry left and they turned Hotlips into a wet blanket there wasn't much humor left.

He was an excellent investor (he was worth about $85 million when he died) and I wrote him asking for some additional information regarding his investing philosophy as well as his experience in buying and running businesses. To his credit, he gave me some great information, especially how to work with customers and involve them in the selling process. (way overlooked by many people)

That's really cool.

He was part of an investing show on Fox News for years, Cashin' in or something like that

I tuned out after Frank Burns (Larry Linville) left the show. I could never warm to honeycut or winchester and as time went on, the writing got worse and worse.

Well Winchester did have one of the better later in the series lines

As they were in Potter's office calling Radar back in Iowa.

Someone (I think Father Mulcahy): I wonder what time it is in Iowa.

Winchester (drolly and with an eye roll): 1842