AP Report: Bills Will Release Mario After the Season

26CornerBlitz

The article is interesting. Brown, and likely at least one other player, speak out for Williams. But, the player speaking out against him seems to be the only one doing so - and I doubt it would be the likes of Gilmore, Roby, Dareus, Hughes, Bradham or Brown. Unlikely to be Graham, either. I would imagine it is Duke Williams, Carrington, etc.

To me Carrington might be the bet because he is the one playing behind others. The type who would make the comment pay a bunch of guys his money and let them contribute. The one who fully believes that.

Kyle Williams.No one gives a :censored: what Carrington thinks, and no one would be more pissed off about it than KW.

Edited by Rico

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle Williams is next. Then we really won't have any leaders on this team.

Congrats to Rex. He took a D Line with 3 pro bowlers from the previous year (very well could have been 4) and made them look terrible. That's very hard to do. If I was DC the Bills would have twice as many sacks. Here's the play I would run. It's called GO SACK THE QUARTERBACK!

Kyle Williams is next. Then we really won't have any leaders on this team.

Congrats to Rex. He took a D Line with 3 pro bowlers from the previous year (very well could have been 4) and made them look terrible. That's very hard to do. If I was DC the Bills would have twice as many sacks. Here's the play I would run. It's called GO SACK THE QUARTERBACK!

@RyanTalbotBills

One Williams is reportedly leaving the Bills, but another Williams is expected to remain: http://www.scout.com/nfl/bills/story/1628287-report-kyle-williams-return-bills

CXly-HGWEAAW7c6.jpg

Kyle Williams.No one gives a :censored: what Carrington thinks, and no one would be more pissed off about it than KW.

you think it's kw? i honestly see him as being one of the next guys to say something and frustrated with what is going on.

while he may not be happy with mario i can also see him upset with rex. as such and being him, i do not know if he is the one sourcing this. he's not that type of teammate.

I mean, why not speculate? we like doing that, right?

Edited by Beerball

you think it's kw? i honestly see him as being one of the next guys to say something and frustrated with what is going on.

while he may not be happy with mario i can also see him upset with rex. as such and being him, i do not know if he is the one sourcing this. he's not that type of teammate.

I mean, why not speculate? we like doing that, right?

No way for the record. But off the record? Absolutely, I don't think he would tolerate lack-of-effort, he is the ultimate high-motor player (not a slam, in a good way)... and I think he would care more about this team than others would. JMO.

?

I can't see Kyle jumping into this. he is too much of a team player, Probably he voices his opinion with teamates. i just don't see

Him stirring the pot. Not his style and those paychecks are still pretty nice size. i could see Kyle someday being a candidate for the stadium wall.

About scheme? Who bitched about the defensive system?

Yea nobody likes Marrone, but nobody complained about Schwartz.

Why would they, it was the perfect fit for personnel and scheme. Yet they still couldn't stop good teams when they needed to. But boy did they rack up stats.

@TyDunne

The Mario Williams Enigma: Was it scheme or checking out? Those at One Bills Drive are torn. http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/31/248307/

Teammates staunchly defend Williams anonymously, too. While some are skeptical about Ryan’s scheme publicly, others are downright furious privately. One player said he completely understands Williams’ season-long frustration because the simple, straightforward, attacking defense employed by 2014 coordinator Jim Schwartz was so effective.

Not everyone agrees with this critique. Williams’ numbers may be down across the board, but inside linebacker Preston Brown asserts that Williams “definitely bought in” to Ryan’s defense and that effort hasn't been an issue.

“He was trying to do what the coaches asked him, too,” Brown said. “When you’re 30 years old, it’s kind of hard to start doing stuff you’ve never done. … He’s out there doing his job. I know he’s out there doing his job day in and day out.”

Added cornerback Leodis McKelvin, “With him, it could be frustration in getting to the quarterback a lot more. But he wants to play — there’s no doubt about it. He wants to play. But you’re used to getting to the quarterback and now you’re making sacrifices for someone else to get to the quarterback. ... You can’t say one man did something wrong and it caused the whole defense to shut the down. It was a complete, total everything."

Let's keep the quotes to a sentence or three please.