Chip Offed...the old block

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) I don't dislike Chip Kelly. I jus don't really rate him that highly.

2) Wade Phillips had a season in Buffalo better than any Chip has had in Philly.

3) The fact Chip handed Rex his ass means nothing... Rex is out of his depth as an NFL HC too.

4) I think his offense has been worked out. I really do. The core play book is the same 12 plays over and over and over. Just ran to opposite sides and at such tempo to stop the defense subbing. Defenses look to me to have worked it out. I really hope he goes to Tennessee as just the coach because I think people will then see that it is the coaching as much as the personnel stuff that has sunk Chip.

This is the same thing that the Bills no huddle did in the 90s and that was pretty effective.

I'm curious what the pro-continuity crowd thinks about this move. He was in the process of building "his" team. Should he have been given more time?

Not to turn it into a Rex thread, but it's pertinent to this topic. I see what has been happening in Philly as a crystal ball for what the Bills are now experiencing. Each one of them (Rex and Chip) never came to their team demanding power over personnel. Chip had issues with his FO (sound familiar?) and demanded he be given the players he needed for "his system". Will the Bills follow the same path? While we won't likely see a fire sale like we did in Philly, Rex is going to want to mold a former top 5 defense with "his own players". Do we want to be in Philly's position in 2 more years?

Agreed and don't want to be in that position. Keeping Rex could set us back 5 years into a full rebuild like Philly. Or he could pan out, but, I think that is 1% chance just because nothing is for sure.

Because it's more about the players than the system.

"Great teams do the ordinary things extraordinarily well, not extraordinary things in an ordinary fashion."- Marv.

It doesn't matter how thick your playbook is. It matters how effectively you run your plays. Rex has a very thick defensive playbook and how did that work out for him this season?

This is the same thing that the Bills no huddle did in the 90s and that was pretty effective.

Indeed and it is hard to do it without a great Quarterback.... but also I just think defences have caught on this year. Even watching the Vikings play them the other night they were not biting on any of the distractions. They stayed disciplined, didn't fall for any of the disguise stayed in their zones and played defense and shut the Eagles down.

Tyrod considered going to Philly, but Chip gave a spot to Tebow instead. Maybe a part of why Lurie wanted to take away his personnel powers :lol:

Could it have been that Tyrod was such a malcontent and that Tebow was the next best thing to Jesus?

@eaglesnews16

Doug Marrone will interview with the Eagles for the team's vacant head coaching position, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen

Did Mort sneakily look at Schef's phone.