How many people will be pulling for Fitz and Chan?

billsintaiwan

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once the team looks like it has no chance to compete in the playoffs, I prefer they lose and get the best draft position possible. I also don't want the GM and coach using a meaningless victory as cover to say "if only" or "we're real close". Unfortunately the people doing the picking often don't make the best pick anyways, so in the end it doesn't make much difference. Rinse and repeat.

40 year Bills' fan, rooting for the Jets to completely humiliate the Bills. Why?

1. The game is meaningless to the Bills.

2. If the Jets score six touchdowns, it may hasten Rex the Clown's departure, though I would lay odds he'll be around for another wasted year.

3. Better draft picks.

4. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a good guy. He's made the most of his modest talent and deserves to go the playoffs at least once.

Once the Bills are out it all becomes about one thing for me: hoping someone can stop New England* from ruining the Super Bowl.

To that end, who can stop them from even getting there, thus ensuring a nice, fun, relaxing game to enjoy?

This is where I ask myself: who has a better chance of beating them, the Jets or the Steelers?

I actually think the Jets have a much better shot of taking them out in the playoffs, although it might be a 10% chance instead of 5%.

The Steelers NEVER seem to beat Brady. The ONLY way the Steelers are going to beat the Patriots* is to score 35-40 points because their defense is awful. All it takes is one INT and you lose pace and you're done. I also think that aside from the badass look and tough talking attitude Tomlin is average at best as a coach. Not terrible but nothing special either.

The Jets, on the other hand, have a defense AND a very good coach. They could conceivably hold the Patriots* to 20-25 points, which gives them a shot. Fitz could get red hot for a game or two, and if that happens, they could take out the evil empire for us.

So I hope the Jets make it in over the Steelers. Better coach, better overall roster, MUCH better defense, not as good at QB.

Crushing the Jets by 30 would be great, but Fitz throwing a pick into the end zone in the final seconds with the game on the line might be even better. I want to see the Jets experience the Fitz that we were watching a few years ago. Mr. "close but no cigar". The agony of defeat.

Don't be bitter. Dude played his heart out for us and just had the best season of his career.

Don't hate, congratulate.

It doesn't matter how much you liked someone. You never want to see them go on to achieve more when they leave you than they achieved with you. This is how I feel about Fitz and Chan. Maybe some of you don't feel that way, but maybe that just makes you a better person than me. It's just how I feel. They didn't do it for us. So why do we want to see them do it for someone else?

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

I won't be rooting for them but I find ir hard to root against them. I never wanted it to work out for any HC and QB combo we have had during the drought quite as much as I did for Chan and Fitz. Classy guys and they deserve their success.

This pretty much sums it up for me as well. I'm not a Jets fan so I won't be rooting for that team, but if they do manage to win I won't be mad. Fitz is a good guy and gave us some pretty good games here in Buffalo. He made some terrible throws and cost us games as well. Such is life for a Bills fan. Chan Gailey got more out of the players he was given to work with than anyone else could outside of the Patriots if you ask me. If they make it to the playoffs good for them. If they lose to the Bills on Sunday and get passed over by the Steelers then good for us. Either way I won't have a bad feeling about what happened.

It doesn't matter how much you liked someone. You never want to see them go on to achieve more when they leave you than they achieved with you. This is how I feel about Fitz and Chan. Maybe some of you don't feel that way, but maybe that just makes you a better person than me. It's just how I feel. They didn't do it for us. So why do we want to see them do it for someone else?

So I take it you feel the same way about Marshawn and Fred too?

Marshawn yes, because he acted like an idiot while he was here. Freddy is different because he gave all he had, and we couldn't help him get where he deserved to go. Chan and Fitz had total control of this team, and failed to take us anywhere. I don't want to see them take someone else anywhere. It's like a failed relationship. Fitz and Chan failed us, we failed Freddy. We can root for those we did wrong, but it's hard to root for those who didn't do for us what they may for others.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

I liked Chan and Fitz and wish them well. I've been a faithfull Bills fan since 1966. But I will be pleased to see the Jets dismantle the Bills this weekend for one reason and one reason only--in the hope that Rex will be fired.

I do not consider this rooting against the Bills. I want them to win a title or two, something they will never do with that asshat as coach.