Complaining by Players

jahnyc

I agree with Sammy. The players need to take ownership. I'm glad to see Sammy and Tyrod taking steps forward in their leadership. I keep hoping for Gilmore or Hughes to step up and lead for the Defense but it's not happening, at least not yet.

I'd love to agree with Sammy but the first thing he needs to do if he wants to become a leader is set an example on the field.

It's great that he is great at running a 9 route and catching passes dropped in his arms by Tyrod.......but there is way to much sulking and letup in his game on plays that happen in the contested area of the field.

If he brought it like Antonio Brown there would be no stopping him. Right now, too much diva to be an effective leader. He's not the guy you want out front.

I'd love to agree with Sammy but the first thing he needs to do if he wants to become a leader is set an example on the field.

It's great that he is great at running a 9 route and catching passes dropped in his arms by Tyrod.......but there is way to much sulking and letup in his game on plays that happen in the contested area of the field.

If he brought it like Antonio Brown there would be no stopping him. Right now, too much diva to be an effective leader. He's not the guy you want out front.

I agree with you, I have lots of issues with Sammy and still think he's soft. But at least it's something.

I think part of the reason for the leadership vacuum is how too many players must feel too young or too new? McCoy is a top talent, plays with tons of heart, and mostly has a good attitude as far as team things go (I know obviously he got knocked a bunch for his Chip comments, to me that was way more the media overblowing things, but yeah he's still an immature guy, but aren't all football players?) — I'd like to see him take control of this team more, but he's still adjusting to this being "home" I guess. Similarly, Tyrod has only recently been called by management as "The Guy" going forward, so maybe he'll start coming forward more.

Gilmore and Hughes are consistent on the field but their personalities are too extreme to be proper leaders yet (Gilmore too zen, Hughes too insane) but I'd love to see it.

Maybe someone will emerge from this chaos. We'll see.

Edited by LA Grant

Hey maybe if you all think these guys are stupid or disrespectful you should put the work in to become an NFL player and put your life on the line every-week for ungrateful fans.

Get a Grip son. Those who serve in the armed forces, police officers, firefighters, all put their lives on the line every week, every shift in fact.

Football is just a game of Rugby that suffers from the occasional freak accident usually from overconfidence resulting from wearing so much protective equipment.

Well you have a point. The NFL doesnt really care about you. Just your money. And they dont care about the players. The players are just their pawns. I think your comments reflect a good section of the fan base. There is a lack of respect for what these guys do. I suggest if someone feels its not extremely dangerous to play in the NFL you find a friend, put helmets on and run full speed into each other on your lawn. Then repeat 15 times.

Haha..players and the NFL caring about fans!

Im gonna go smoke another phatty!

they care so much that they have 3 or 4 jerseys, they have the October pink memoborilia and the Military November memo for sale!

Nice try!

Life on the line... Really... have yet to see a fatality on the field yet.

Some folks do put their lives on the line everyday for their job and get paid a small fraction of what these guys do to play a GAME.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good posts

These comments from players reminds me of Aaron Schoebel and some other guys during the sunset of the Dick years. Sounds like Rex has lost the locker room. When that happens,I'm not sure a coach can get it back.

Not saying it is not warranted, but I am not sure that I can recall hearing this amount of complaints/critiques about coaching or scheme from players on the Bills before (mostly from the defense). Today it was from P. Brown and C. Graham.

Does this show a lack of respect for the coaches to be this free with the criticism?

The Bickering Bills....Once again Rex shows that he has no control over his players...This is exactly what you get when you are a players coach....Players take you for granted.....Marronne ran a pretty tight ship....He never let players talk to the media.

The entire organization is in full on excuse mode. Everyone has an excuse for the steaming pile of mess that had become our season. After 16 years, I'm tired of excuses.

And at this point, I don't care what changes are made. No one associated with this team have proven they can win anything.

Exactly how I feel

Not saying it is not warranted, but I am not sure that I can recall hearing this amount of complaints/critiques about coaching or scheme from players on the Bills before (mostly from the defense). Today it was from P. Brown and C. Graham.

Does this show a lack of respect for the coaches to be this free with the criticism?

Where there's smoke there's fire, as the expression goes. And this about someone (and his assistants) who's supposedly a "players coach."

Well you have a point. The NFL doesnt really care about you. Just your money. And they dont care about the players. The players are just their pawns. I think your comments reflect a good section of the fan base. There is a lack of respect for what these guys do. I suggest if someone feels its not extremely dangerous to play in the NFL you find a friend, put helmets on and run full speed into each other on your lawn. Then repeat 15 times.

It is their choice and they at the very least make mid six figures.

Sorry buddy, if these guys don't want to play then they don't have to play. But if they cash the checks they should give the effort.

The entire organization is in full on excuse mode. Everyone has an excuse for the steaming pile of mess that had become our season. After 16 years, I'm tired of excuses.

And at this point, I don't care what changes are made. No one associated with this team have proven they can win anything.

Darby? Wins the "most un-expected impact player" of our team this season. Add in a honorable mention for Bacarri Rambo too. Great Depth player with a nose for the ball and instinct regardless of physical limitations.

Edited by Marty McFly

I agree with you, I have lots of issues with Sammy and still think he's soft. But at least it's something.

I think part of the reason for the leadership vacuum is how too many players must feel too young or too new? McCoy is a top talent, plays with tons of heart, and mostly has a good attitude as far as team things go (I know obviously he got knocked a bunch for his Chip comments, to me that was way more the media overblowing things, but yeah he's still an immature guy, but aren't all football players?) — I'd like to see him take control of this team more, but he's still adjusting to this being "home" I guess. Similarly, Tyrod has only recently been called by management as "The Guy" going forward, so maybe he'll start coming forward more.

Gilmore and Hughes are consistent on the field but their personalities are too extreme to be proper leaders yet (Gilmore too zen, Hughes too insane) but I'd love to see it.

Maybe someone will emerge from this chaos. We'll see.

I was really hoping Anquan Boldin would end up in Buffalo this season as a mentor for Sammy.

Short of playing with Antonio Brown I don't know if there would have been a better example for Sammy to learn how to get to the next level.

He's a great talent and he works hard but he doesn't really understands what it takes to be a leader/winner yet.

Sammy is a young man but talent fades pretty fast and if you don't have a complete game it gets taken away from you earlier than you may want it to be.

Same to you, guy. No one is saying football is not a tough physical game, where injuries are common. But "extremely dangerous"? "Life on the line"?

I repeat. Get a grip. Or better yet suit up in 50-odd pounds of turnout gear and go fight a fire? That's extremely dangerous and putting your life on the line for a fraction of what football players get paid.

Answer a couple questions:

1) how many police officers are killed or disabled in the line of duty each year?

2) how many fire fighters are killed in the line of duty each year?

3) how many NFL football players are killed whilst playing or practicing each year?

4) for that matter, how many farmers are killed or disabled while working their profession each year? how many fishermen?

I'm neither a football player, a firefighter, nor a police officer but I can tell the difference between "extremely dangerous" "putting your life on the line" and a game - a physical game, but a game.

Well Rex doesn't muzzle his players.

Guess it came back to bite him.

Must be that time of year ...

TY sounds off>> Hilton blames play-calling for' Colts offensive woes indy.st/1Omh0MR via @indystar

a few weeks back Chris Collinsworth said that the OC calls the plays then some other dude translates it to the QB.

Can you say lost in translation.

Is just as dumb as our defense having to need the right player on Defense to translate it and get everyone line up.

The Jets fans warned us of such pile coming our way- well here it is. Again, hated the hire and still hate it. The dude is a **** headcoach with a big fat mouth.

On to your second point- completely agree. The organization is broken throughout its entirety. An outside consultant needs to come in (someone like Polian or Wolf) and steer this damn ship. Give the Pegulas the recipe for success.

At least we are not the 9ers , who ran out an awesome coach and half the team retired.

I also believe the only reason the team did poorly Harbaugh's last yr was because of all strife between him and the management.

Hey maybe if you all think these guys are stupid or disrespectful you should put the work in to become an NFL player and put your life on the line every-week for ungrateful fans.

So Mario what do you think about Kellen Moore