Coaching Observation

AtlBills

Texans vs Bills: Hoyer looks like an all-Pro, with no pressure he completes pass after pass, Bills lay 8 in coverage to no avail. Takes till the last play to secure a win at Home>> Barely scratch out a win.

Pats vs Texans: Sunday nite game, Texans at home in a must win game, Pats in a two game losing spin. All up arrows point to a Texan win. Pats bounce Hoyer around like a ping pong ball. Relentless pressure, Hoyer looks like a JV. Pats sack him 5 times, numerous other hits until they knock him out in the 4th. Pats cruise to a very easy win 27-6.

Same common opponent, home vs away status and look at the results. We barely get a win, Pats in a laugher.

Point taken, with all our defensive talent , we still look confused, out of position, out coached. Something said about a head coach and his assistants who know their players, know how to scheme game to game, and bring the wood ! Rex, take a few pointers!!

The bills should run the same D they ran against New England on Monday night against everyone, they would have crushed KC, Philly, Houston, etc.

This is really a major talking point.

They played aggressive up front.

Its almost like Rex is still in training camp and feeling out his players.

As soon as he saw A williams go down, as soon as he Saw Duke Williams suck and Bacarri crash into Darby twice, he should just decided to rush three or four of the D line hard all the time.

I am not going to start a B word festival again.

But when the secondary was proven weak, he asked even more of the secondary ?

Rex is the blowhard drunk who mouths off in a bar then proceeds to get his ass kicked on the sidewalk outside, only to stand up and mouth off again, hence the next beatdown.

experience talkin' ?

: )

Texans vs Bills: Hoyer looks like an all-Pro, with no pressure he completes pass after pass, Bills lay 8 in coverage to no avail. Takes till the last play to secure a win at Home>> Barely scratch out a win.

Pats vs Texans: Sunday nite game, Texans at home in a must win game, Pats in a two game losing spin. All up arrows point to a Texan win. Pats bounce Hoyer around like a ping pong ball. Relentless pressure, Hoyer looks like a JV. Pats sack him 5 times, numerous other hits until they knock him out in the 4th. Pats cruise to a very easy win 27-6.

Same common opponent, home vs away status and look at the results. We barely get a win, Pats in a laugher.

Point taken, with all our defensive talent , we still look confused, out of position, out coached. Something said about a head coach and his assistants who know their players, know how to scheme game to game, and bring the wood ! Rex, take a few pointers!!

But . . . Injuries!

Is it really that easy?

I agree they shoulf have had the same mindset as the new england game... whether we would have gone 3 wins. Dont know. But that was the best way to win

When bradford was hurried he was off. Alex smith would have gashed us on the ground.... maybe. But why would you abandon the gameplan that looked the most cohesive. The team looked really good on defense

I agree they shoulf have had the same mindset as the new england game... whether we would have gone 3 wins. Dont know. But that was the best way to win

When bradford was hurried he was off. Alex smith would have gashed us on the ground.... maybe. But why would you abandon the gameplan that looked the most cohesive. The team looked really good on defense

I don't know? The only one who can stand up to that defense is Brady, and only because he has the WR who can get open quick, and the guy puts it on a dime, but Brady even looked confused at times. If regards to Alex Smith on the ground I will take my chances.

The absence of KW and Mario losing a step, with Dareus eating double teams 50 snaps a game, has left this team with exactly who to rush the passer? Hughes has helped opposing offenses just about as much as he has helped the defense. The front seven needs to be reforged to make Rex's system work. It is what it is.

I agree with you. But I don't know whether they deviated from that or did the same gameplan as New Eng game, but just couldn't execute.

The bills should run the same D they ran against New England on Monday night against everyone, they would have crushed KC, Philly, Houston, etc.

I have been asking where that D has been since the NE game. I think we saw it once or twice in Philly and Bradford pooped his pants.

It is that craziest thing, if they ran that same D with the people they have healthy i got to think the outcome is better than the bend and break approach. At least pepper it in way more than Rex has been doing.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Seems logical to me too. Remember how mad Brady was on the sidelines. We need to bring that pressure to all the games and quit playing the fancy complicated finesse defense that apparently Rex loves.

They lost to New England playing one way.

Then they lost to New England playing the other way.

They beat Houston,

They beat Miami twice.

I'm having a difficult time trying to understand the point. Is it that if they pressure the quarterback, then they will win by bigger margins and lose by smaller margins?

Well thanks for your contribution to the thread

Jeez

i liked it

The absence of KW and Mario losing a step, with Dareus eating double teams 50 snaps a game, has left this team with exactly who to rush the passer? Hughes has helped opposing offenses just about as much as he has helped the defense. The front seven needs to be reforged to make Rex's system work. It is what it is.

we lost one guy, kw, but you make it sound like we lost 3, we lost 1. If we lose one, we still have dareus, healthy mario, and healthy hughes, thats 3 pro bowl pass rushers. Saying its personnel and that we need new players is making excuses for crappy coaching.

side note mario didnt lose a step, he just wont take the extra one anymore.

i liked it

we lost one guy, kw, but you make it sound like we lost 3, we lost 1. If we lose one, we still have dareus, healthy mario, and healthy hughes, thats 3 pro bowl pass rushers. Saying its personnel and that we need new players is making excuses for crappy coaching.

side note mario didnt lose a step, he just wont take the extra one anymore.

This is how the NFL works. New coaches come in and install their schemes. For better or for worse. Players age and don't always adapt well to these changes. Injuries happen along with motivational issues. Given that this is year one of the Rex Ryan years, what makes you think that there won't be significant changes to the front seven based on this year's performances? Side note, the front seven has had more injuries than just losing one player. If you are just a "fire Rex" guy then good look with that.